Question on those who have replaced their steering wheel...

flacobill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 IS500 his, 2020 RR FK7- hers
Country flag
If alignments are done correctly, the wheel should be dead center while driving straight down the highway after the job, period. It’s a simple toe adjustment performed while the wheel is locked in the center position with a holding fixture.
Return it for a refund and go elsewhere if they are incapable or just lazy...
So many worthless technicians these days-it makes me sick and yes, Honda should fix this for free under warranty if car was delivered like this. Just don’t delay and go a year later.
Sponsored

Dragnet

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2016 Accord Sport
Country flag
That's the thing, I don't think anyone has had the dealer actually fix it, because I don't think it's as simple as taking the steering wheel off and placing it back on. I'd love to be contradicted with data, so I can go to the dealer with this, or fix it myself ;).
So I just got my car back. I told them when I dropped it off a couple of days ago that I already had the alignment done and the steering wheel was still crooked so I wanted them to redo it. The manager told me they had to basically realign it twice cause everything was in spec. Basically in short I think it was a pain in the ass for them but now that I have it back the wheel does seem a lot straighter. They would realign it, check it by driving it, realign it, drive it etc.

MonkeyConQueso

First Name
Armand
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR
Country flag
So I just got my car back. I told them when I dropped it off a couple of days ago that I already had the alignment done and the steering wheel was still crooked so I wanted them to redo it. The manager told me they had to basically realign it twice cause everything was in spec. Basically in short I think it was a pain in the ass for them but now that I have it back the wheel does seem a lot straighter. They would realign it, check it by driving it, realign it, drive it etc.
I guess I have to decide if I want to chance dealers messing with it and hopefully fixing it or not, or just dealing with the annoyance... Glad they were able to fix it though!

Dragnet

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2016 Accord Sport
Country flag
I guess I have to decide if I want to chance dealers messing with it and hopefully fixing it or not, or just dealing with the annoyance... Glad they were able to fix it though!
I was alarmed when I got my car back because it had 19 extra miles on it. I questioned them because it didn't make sense to me why it would have that many miles on it. Apparently it was a pain in the ass. They said they basically went through the realignment process twice. They'd get the car down and check the steering wheel by driving it. Take it back. Rinse and repeat a time or two.
Sponsored