Yeet-n-Duner

First Name
j0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
hb ex
Country flag
just a thought, lose the factory spoiler?
maybe add a gloss black duckbill?

looking great so far.

herox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Si
Put my side skirts on today. Pretty easy install as it is just 3 clips under the rocker panel, then I added 2 screws on the back and 3 other screws underneath the front portion into the rocker panel to keep it all together. Just had to jack the car up from the rear center point near the exhaust to lift the car enough to get a drill underneath. I noticed my vinyl CF wrap edges coming off in the sun, so I had to clean them up a bit. I hope the wraps last a couple seasons at least. This was the first time I wrapped something so definitely more to learn, especially on the edges.
Good job on the wrap and red tape. It matches the front lip well.

OP
OP
lurker_j

lurker_j

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 WOP FC1
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
just a thought, lose the factory spoiler?
maybe add a gloss black duckbill?

looking great so far.
That eventually the route I want to go. There aren't great duckbills out right now and I'm not really in a place to be able to build one well

OP
OP
lurker_j

lurker_j

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 WOP FC1
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Good job on the wrap and red tape. It matches the front lip well.
Thanks! the wrap lasted all about a week before getting all mangled up by road debris. I ended up painting it gloss black and changing the front lip out as well. The Type R lip doesn't sit flush on the car, pointing more downward than a neutral line. The side skirts actually highlight it more, so I took the lip off.

OP
OP
lurker_j

lurker_j

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 WOP FC1
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
OP
OP
lurker_j

lurker_j

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 WOP FC1
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
That addon Looks great
But combined To that factory spoiler. Oh no
But that’s just my opinion.
I agree, it is a little funky. The ebay duckbill seems too small for the trunk to me. I think its one of those things I just have to see in person to really decide if I like it or not.

OP
OP
lurker_j

lurker_j

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 WOP FC1
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
It has been a while since I updated, so here is what has happened since October '18.

This is a daily driven car and the external parts are starting to show it, especially through a snowy winter. The MAP exhaust tips are showing a little bit more rust now and some of the blue tips have started fading away, showing more rust spots.
Honda Civic 10th gen Lurker_J's Burrows ('18 Si Sedan) IMG_2993.JPG

I have also through two different front lips, and attempted a third just to see if I could despite warnings that said it wouldn't fit. The first lip I tried after my CTR lip was the Ikon Motorsports GT lip that is made to fit the hatchback. Unfortunately, I don't have a picture of the car when the lip was on, but it was very wide. Luckily, my wheel fitment pokes just a bit, making the lip not look ridiculously large up front. Here is a close representation of what it looked like. (This is not my car)
Honda Civic 10th gen Lurker_J's Burrows ('18 Si Sedan) 478262-2-2017-civic-honda-megan-racing-coilovers-aodhan-ds03-chrome

The GT lip was held on with self-tapping screws and lasted a good month or so before finally being ripped off by high cross winds on the highway. I ended up running it over and putting some of those self-tapping screws in my tire on accident.

Because I didn't want to have the side skirts without a front lip, I decided to try the front lip made for the non-si civic front bumper. This was also a mistake as the fitment is smaller than the Si bumpers. Here are pictures for reference.
Honda Civic 10th gen Lurker_J's Burrows ('18 Si Sedan) IMG_3325.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Lurker_J's Burrows ('18 Si Sedan) IMG_0337.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Lurker_J's Burrows ('18 Si Sedan) IMG_2050.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Lurker_J's Burrows ('18 Si Sedan) IMG_8712.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Lurker_J's Burrows ('18 Si Sedan) IMG_4538.JPG

This was bought off ebay and apparently is the V1 version. Straight up polyurethane that was super flexible and had no support. So I tried to make a supporting matrix underneath it to keep some rigidity under pressure. I used a full can of window weld. It helped a bit, but the lip ended up ripping off after 3 days.

Honda Civic 10th gen Lurker_J's Burrows ('18 Si Sedan) IMG_2452.JPG

OP
OP
lurker_j

lurker_j

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 WOP FC1
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
The next lip I tried was another Ikon lip: the "J's racing" front lip. I figured I could try and cut it up to fit, but I ended up just mangling the lip and it still wouldn't fit. Here are some reference pics and how "non-si" civic lip's really don't fit the Si front bumper. It is overall a couple inches longer all around. It is supposed to sit over the bottom part of the front bumper like a sleeve. I took pictures to show how the lip fits if it actually reached the fender-well.

I know everyone associated with this lip online said it wouldn't fit, but I had to know for myself. My knowledge is your knowledge free of charge.

Honda Civic 10th gen Lurker_J's Burrows ('18 Si Sedan) Ikon Js Racing Lip 3.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Lurker_J's Burrows ('18 Si Sedan) Ikon Js Racing Lip 19.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Lurker_J's Burrows ('18 Si Sedan) Ikon Js Racing Lip 1.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Lurker_J's Burrows ('18 Si Sedan) Ikon Js Racing Lip 10.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Lurker_J's Burrows ('18 Si Sedan) Ikon Js Racing Lip 14.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Lurker_J's Burrows ('18 Si Sedan) Ikon Js Racing Lip 8.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Lurker_J's Burrows ('18 Si Sedan) Ikon Js Racing Lip 17.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Lurker_J's Burrows ('18 Si Sedan) Ikon Js Racing Lip 16.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Lurker_J's Burrows ('18 Si Sedan) Ikon Js Racing Lip 13.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Lurker_J's Burrows ('18 Si Sedan) Ikon Js Racing Lip 9.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Lurker_J's Burrows ('18 Si Sedan) Ikon Js Racing Lip 2.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Lurker_J's Burrows ('18 Si Sedan) Ikon Js Racing Lip 5.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Lurker_J's Burrows ('18 Si Sedan) Ikon Js Racing Lip 21.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Lurker_J's Burrows ('18 Si Sedan) Ikon Js Racing Lip 12.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Lurker_J's Burrows ('18 Si Sedan) Ikon Js Racing Lip 15.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Lurker_J's Burrows ('18 Si Sedan) Ikon Js Racing Lip 6

Honda Civic 10th gen Lurker_J's Burrows ('18 Si Sedan) Ikon Js Racing Lip 18.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Lurker_J's Burrows ('18 Si Sedan) Ikon Js Racing Lip 7.JPG

OP
OP
lurker_j

lurker_j

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 WOP FC1
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I ultimately returned back to my CTR front lip, but made some modifications to make it look a little less jagged from the original cuts to make it fit. I used black door edge guard that you can get from an auto parts store, and superglued it to the edge of the inner lip to try and make it look smoother and more like it is supposed to be a part of the car.

Honda Civic 10th gen Lurker_J's Burrows ('18 Si Sedan) IMG_0191

Honda Civic 10th gen Lurker_J's Burrows ('18 Si Sedan) IMG_0190

Honda Civic 10th gen Lurker_J's Burrows ('18 Si Sedan) IMG_0180

jgreen16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic EX Hatch, 1990 Chevrolet C1500
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Are you disappointed with the exhaust? For the $ I'd hope the tips would stay looking good a bit longer, winter or not.

OP
OP
lurker_j

lurker_j

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 WOP FC1
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Are you disappointed with the exhaust? For the $ I'd hope the tips would stay looking good a bit longer, winter or not.
I agree. The tips quality is disappointing, but the exhaust as a whole is a good exhaust. None of the piping is deteriorating and all the couplings are holding strong without leak. The system does what it is supposed to. The only other thing that disappointed me initially was how loud the street version was. But for the tone and pops I get from it, everything kinda balances out. Hopefully the newer made exhausts are better quality. This was one of the first exhausts sent out.

jgreen16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic EX Hatch, 1990 Chevrolet C1500
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Maybe @MAPerformance can do something for you. The tips should definitely stay looking good longer than they have. That is the part people see.
Sponsored