Washing with water restrictions

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
It depends on the policy of the HOA. But a gallon or two per week isn't going to ruffle feathers like the hose.

I know a few guys that do light washes in their garage and use a water reclamation mat for the excess. They cost a few bills but are reported to work really well.
Sponsored

OP
OP
evildoer

evildoer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX 6-speed MSM
What is the repercussion from your HOA if you just do it. I live up in Nor Cal and we got lots of rain this year. Just wash that car tell them to piss off. Or fill your buckets up in the house and tell them its bottled water.
Not quite sure, all I know is they called my wife up and told her I wasn't allowed to wash on the driveway due to SoCal drought. Lol. They also said they'd send me the warning in the mail, I guess there's some fine after that, not sure how much, I haven't looked it up yet. I'm in the process of getting a bunch of neighbors I know around me to set a car wash day for the hell of it. But for now I'm using Ecosmart by Chemical Guys. Used it for the first time last night and I'm quite impressed by the results and how easy it is to use. The hard part was filling my jug with two gallons and the 16oz concentrate without a funnel, but yeah anyone can use this. You gotta have the right towels too..

OP
OP
evildoer

evildoer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It depends on the policy of the HOA. But a gallon or two per week isn't going to ruffle feathers like the hose.

I know a few guys that do light washes in their garage and use a water reclamation mat for the excess. They cost a few bills but are reported to work really well.
No kidding, the average shower uses up more water than a proper car wash.. I have thought of washing in my garage, but I know HOA will find away to get at me. Lol

timothyjay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Not car wash related, but at my parent's house where they have am HOA, they got fined $20 for leaving on their Christmas lights on a little longer than normal outside their yard/house. My dad's response was, since they're already getting fined, might as well leave it on a little longer. Lol.

Not quite sure, all I know is they called my wife up and told her I wasn't allowed to wash on the driveway due to SoCal drought. Lol. They also said they'd send me the warning in the mail, I guess there's some fine after that, not sure how much, I haven't looked it up yet. I'm in the process of getting a bunch of neighbors I know around me to set a car wash day for the hell of it. But for now I'm using Ecosmart by Chemical Guys. Used it for the first time last night and I'm quite impressed by the results and how easy it is to use. The hard part was filling my jug with two gallons and the 16oz concentrate without a funnel, but yeah anyone can use this. You gotta have the right towels too..

OP
OP
evildoer

evildoer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not car wash related, but at my parent's house where they have am HOA, they got fined $20 for leaving on their Christmas lights on a little longer than normal outside their yard/house. My dad's response was, since they're already getting fined, might as well leave it on a little longer. Lol.
Haha, shit at least he gets to put up Christmas lights! Not allowed here where I live smh, yeah HOA is a joke! They're all over the guest parking here, if you don't have a guest pass they give you a warning ticket and the next is a tow lol

Oh so get this, this past Friday I get home and grab my gear to go to the coin op, did my wash and dry there. The next morning my wife leaves to work around 8 am and calls me as she leaves the house, I'm still in bed and she tells me to go outside, so I do. I get outside and I see a lady washing her damn car.... Sunday afternoon comes and I see another person washing their car, lmao oh yeah I took pics too, and I'm going to send them to the HOA, this is bs!

Balto

Furfag
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EX-T, 2000 Honda Insight
Vehicle Showcase
Evildoer, have you thought about a late night car wash, like waiting until 1-3 in the morning? I have a friend that lives in a HOA area and he washes his car at 2:30 am to avoid complaints.

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
When I was younger, my parents got fined by the HOA because we didn't mow the yard during that week in the middle of summer when we were on vacation.

Lol HOAs suck.

OP
OP
evildoer

evildoer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Evildoer, have you thought about a late night car wash, like waiting until 1-3 in the morning? I have a friend that lives in a HOA area and he washes his car at 2:30 am to avoid complaints.
Lol yeah I have thought of that too, but I think I wouldn't get a great wash in the dark, and the driveway I would wash is out in the open, anyone can see me if they peeped out their window..

OP
OP
evildoer

evildoer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
When I was younger, my parents got fined by the HOA because we didn't mow the yard during that week in the middle of summer when we were on vacation.

Lol HOAs suck.
Dang, glad we don't have a lawn!

Gavnzdad

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Home owners association? Do they pay your mortgage? Can they evict you from your own home?

As long as the answer is no....fuck em. If my neighbors tried to tell me I couldn't wash my car, they would find out real quick where I thought they could go. Of course, my neighbors wash their cars more than I do. :D

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 CR-V SE, '16 Civic EX, '17 Civic HB ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Guess it depends on the water restriction. Is it set by the HOA or is it by city/county? If there is a drought and the county or city has given a mandatory water restriction fines can go up as high as $5,000 so I would look into who is setting up the restriction. If its HOA, then look at HOA rules. Depending on the place, they could possibly kick you out from the neighborhood *unlikely but it is a possibility* or it might be ignorable.
Sponsored