First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
Did you have it in sport mode? BMW series 5 have horsepower 248 to 335 hp
I did not have sports mode on, I most likely got the jump on him and when he realized I was accelerating fast to change lanes that's when he tried to beat me before I could change. It is also possible that this was not a 5 series, I did not see the back of the car. It was bigger and had a sportier front end and that is why I assumed it was a 5 series. Could have been a 3 series.

Also is not always about HP, I saw a race between an almost 1000 HP Dodge Demon and a Nissan GTR with less than half the HP, and the GTR won 1 out of the 2 races they had
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Try map 3! Try map 3! :headbang::drive:
I have not even tried Map 3 yet! Map 2 is pretty fast as it is. I should try it out, 19.5 psi to 23 psi is a huge jump!

Gotch

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si
Country flag
I thought I read somewhere it was 24.5psi on TSP Stage 1, map3 sport mode.

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I thought I read somewhere it was 24.5psi on TSP Stage 1, map3 sport mode.
Im looking on the TSP site and all it says is 19 psi normal, Custom Boost level Sports mode, Improved Turbo charger response, but if I remember when installing TSP stage 1 from the Ktuner software, it showed 23 psi sports mode

EDIT

Never mind, I found the post from Two Step Performance:

All testing was completed on a stock 2017 Civic Si running 93 octane fuel. Tune features include:

• Numerous fuel, ignition, turbo response, throttle response changes.
  • WOT shifting enabled.
  • Adjustable launch control enabled.
  • "Rev hang" disabled with standard throttle padding. (the end user can enable "rev hang", if desired)
  • All disables / monitors are able to be adjusted by the end user.
  • Quick Boost By Gear is able to be adjusted by the end user.
  • On-the-fly boost map switching active for normal and "Sport" modes. (see below)
Map 1: Factory boost levels and turbocharger response.
Map 2: 19psi normal, 21psi "Sport" mode, Improved Turbocharger Response II
Map 3: 19psi normal, 24.5psi "Sport" mode, Improved Turbocharger Response II

Gotch

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si
Country flag
Yes! My brain still functions! Lol! I’ll see how it goes, so far I’m very satisfied with the KTuner basemaps but I may pull the trigger on TSP Stage 1 tune if I get bored this summer. I’m really liking the HP increase vs basemaps.

newskate9

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Type-R, 16 Honda Pilot Elite
Country flag
Good morning, all. Couple of quick updates cause it is Sunday morning and the coffee is warm..........

Returning from my weekly breakfast with friends yesterday and merging onto highway. Picked my spot, hit the gas as usual to merge, looking in the mirror to see oncoming cars and almost didn't notice how FAST the car in the merging lane AHEAD of me was approaching. Let off the gas, tap the brakes a few times. Holy crap. It never did that before............. :headbang: Scared the crap outta me. Sort of like finding an Infinity Stone in that little black box! LOL

The order in which one has to connect the phone to AA, to KTuner if using the same device is particular. Not an issue - just a notice if you will be using the same device you may think something is wrong with launching. It isn't, works just fine. I think the head unit view would be sweet for sure and may still go there eventually.

One question I didn't see an answer to: where is the STOCK tune? Is it in the list from KTuner? I'll the files have the word "optimized" in them so I'm not sure if one is the backup. ALSO - I did find the full list with one more click of the button - so THANKS for that tip - angry_lime - I must say cool name considering the color of the ride. AND, the actual color is starting to grow on me too! :yes:

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Good morning, all. Couple of quick updates cause it is Sunday morning and the coffee is warm..........

Returning from my weekly breakfast with friends yesterday and merging onto highway. Picked my spot, hit the gas as usual to merge, looking in the mirror to see oncoming cars and almost didn't notice how FAST the car in the merging lane AHEAD of me was approaching. Let off the gas, tap the brakes a few times. Holy crap. It never did that before............. :headbang: Scared the crap outta me. Sort of like finding an Infinity Stone in that little black box! LOL

The order in which one has to connect the phone to AA, to KTuner if using the same device is particular. Not an issue - just a notice if you will be using the same device you may think something is wrong with launching. It isn't, works just fine. I think the head unit view would be sweet for sure and may still go there eventually.

One question I didn't see an answer to: where is the STOCK tune? Is it in the list from KTuner? I'll the files have the word "optimized" in them so I'm not sure if one is the backup. ALSO - I did find the full list with one more click of the button - so THANKS for that tip - angry_lime - I must say cool name considering the color of the ride. AND, the actual color is starting to grow on me too! :yes:
If you are using the tsp stage 1 tune maps, map 1 is stock with a few performance enhancements, turbo performance is stock levels. This is the map I use most of the time. I'm not sure about the Ktuner maps

Temesvar

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Coupe Si
Country flag
You guys convinced me to join the K-Tune world as well. Just placed an order for a KTFV2.
Was wondering if the extra stages are to be ordered separately, or all comes included ?

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
You guys convinced me to join the K-Tune world as well. Just placed an order for a KTFV2.
Was wondering if the extra stages are to be ordered separately, or all comes included ?
Welcome to the club. If you bought it from Two Step Performance, you have the option of including the tsp stage 1 tune, otherwise it comes with the Ktuner basic maps

ne0guri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 White Orchid Pearl Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Wow I think you guys are convincing me to get one too...

Couple of questions:

1. For those running map 2 and 3, are you still on a stock clutch? If so, do you experience clutch slip?

2. TSPs testing all seem to use 93 octane, how much different would it be to use 91?

Thanks!

Gotch

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si
Country flag
I’m running KTuner basemaps (a modified 19.5/23) and zero slip. Don’t floor it in 5th or 6th at low rpm and you should be fine. Not enabling Early Spool will help also.

newskate9

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Type-R, 16 Honda Pilot Elite
Country flag
Being part of the over-60 crowd I'm truly loving many parts of the KTuner experience. I love being able to get to where I want, when I want with the power provided. I'm not into nose bleed speed anymore (my younger days had many Luke Skywalker moments) but just knowing it is there is very satisfying. There's something spiritual about sitting in the back seat of someone who thinks you "only have a Civic" and feels the need to pull away.

I must say learning how to think about the RPM's on this car is very different. I'm still not sure why there is even a 6th gear. I don't think the mileage improvement outweighs the concern of roll-on / clutch interactions with the extra power, if that makes sense. Anyhow, all's cool and great fun!

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Wow I think you guys are convincing me to get one too...

Couple of questions:

1. For those running map 2 and 3, are you still on a stock clutch? If so, do you experience clutch slip?

2. TSPs testing all seem to use 93 octane, how much different would it be to use 91?

Thanks!
I'm on stock clutch, zero slips. As @Gotch stated, don't wot to much in 5th and 6th gear, especially at low rpm's and the stock clutch should last

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
I recently picked up a used V2 and have been tinkering with the maps. The on-the-fly map switching sold me. Currently running the factory/19.5/21.5/23 combo using stock parameters, with rev hang lightly reduced.

I'm no tuning expert but I know enough to be dangerous. Initial thoughts:
  • The base maps are actually quite good. K Control hovers around .5 running Costco 91. Occasionally jumps up to .6 after a few pulls at WOT.
  • Fuel economy at partial throttle seems to be down, even on stock parameters. Wondering if KTuner tweaked the fuel targets slightly, in order to run more boost?
  • The partial rev hang disable at the lightest setting is darn near perfect for daily driving. Though I'll be curious to what effect it has on oil deposits near the IM & intake valves.
  • As with Hondata, the bump in TQ on the 19.5, 21.5 and 23 PSI maps is one of the best features of these tunes. The car now behaves much more like the GTI, Focus ST and MS3 - all of which run comparatively higher midrange torque relative to HP. Great for scooting around in traffic when you need it.
  • I've done some pulls in 2nd and 3rd @ 21.5 and 23 PSI. As expected, no real clutch slip.
My one main concern is that I'm running Mobile 1 AFE 0W-20. I plan to pull the oil a little early and run a UOA to see how things look. Though I will probably need to step up to Mobile 1 EP or Amsoil SS.

ne0guri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 White Orchid Pearl Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I recently picked up a used V2 and have been tinkering with the maps. The on-the-fly map switching sold me. Currently running the factory/19.5/21.5/23 combo using stock parameters, with rev hang lightly reduced.

I'm no tuning expert but I know enough to be dangerous. Initial thoughts:
  • The base maps are actually quite good. K Control hovers around .5 running Costco 91. Occasionally jumps up to .6 after a few pulls at WOT.
  • Fuel economy at partial throttle seems to be down, even on stock parameters. Wondering if KTuner tweaked the fuel targets slightly, in order to run more boost?
  • The partial rev hang disable at the lightest setting is darn near perfect for daily driving. Though I'll be curious to what effect it has on oil deposits near the IM & intake valves.
  • As with Hondata, the bump in TQ on the 19.5, 21.5 and 23 PSI maps is one of the best features of these tunes. The car now behaves much more like the GTI, Focus ST and MS3 - all of which run comparatively higher midrange torque relative to HP. Great for scooting around in traffic when you need it.
  • I've done some pulls in 2nd and 3rd @ 21.5 and 23 PSI. As expected, no real clutch slip.
My one main concern is that I'm running Mobile 1 AFE 0W-20. I plan to pull the oil a little early and run a UOA to see how things look. Though I will probably need to step up to Mobile 1 EP or Amsoil SS.
You need to get TSP Stage 1! It’s even more responsive than the KTuner base maps. I don’t think I can drive my car without TSP map 3 anymore! Fuel economy is definitely suffering but usually more when I’m in sports mode. Love my Si all over again! Can’t wait to do the full turbo back exhaust to gain even more power.

I have not even tried Map 3 yet! Map 2 is pretty fast as it is. I should try it out, 19.5 psi to 23 psi is a huge jump!
I really hope you’ve tried map 3 by now! If not you really should, I haven’t had the clutch slip yet, but I don’t drive it like a lunatic. The extra boost and responsiveness is so great for just daily driving. I still need to get the hang of the rev delete though... when I’m floating around 3k at 2nd or 3rd, the car can get shaky when I let off the clutch (this is when I’m slowing down).
Sponsored