Problems with sun visor tint and assisted cruise control camera?

Helifano

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
I'm about to have my windows tinted and was thinking of getting the sun visor strip along the top of the windshield. The only issue is that I'm worried that the tint might affect the functionality of the front-facing camera behind the rear-view mirror. It's not quite simply just an issue of something like a dash cam where the footage might be a bit dark, but rather, if the camera fails to detect an object or vehicle in front of me it might accelerate right into someone. Has anyone had any experience with this? Is it possible to have the camera region cut out of the tint without making it look stupid? Would really like to get some feedback on this.
Sponsored

Mark6751

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Sedan
Country flag
I'm about to have my windows tinted and was thinking of getting the sun visor strip along the top of the windshield. The only issue is that I'm worried that the tint might affect the functionality of the front-facing camera behind the rear-view mirror. It's not quite simply just an issue of something like a dash cam where the footage might be a bit dark, but rather, if the camera fails to detect an object or vehicle in front of me it might accelerate right into someone. Has anyone had any experience with this? Is it possible to have the camera region cut out of the tint without making it look stupid? Would really like to get some feedback on this.
I was just having the same question for my Civic, plan on getting it tinted next week and i am going to ask my tint guy what he thinks, i am probably not going to put a tint strip on the front windshield

n2da2nd

It's Senor Bane to ya
First Name
Nam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I had mine tinted at 5% on the visor and 70% on the windshield and no problem. Been going with that setup for a year now.

Honda Civic 10th gen Problems with sun visor tint and assisted cruise control camera? 20180709_080834-01

Lunar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
They should be tinting around the Honda Sensing module. There should be two tint strip pieces, one on the left and one on the right. There shouldn't be any tint in front of the camera at all. This is a non-issue unless they're disassembling everything in order to tint it as a single strip, which they shouldn't be.
Sponsored