I want this color on the coupe model but is not available :(
Sponsored

JedRScosmic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic RS cosmic blue
Vehicle Showcase
Hi mates. I'm from Australia. I've put in an order for a cosmic blue civic RS and we have an option here called "the black pack" I was wondering if the black rims, front lip and side skirts would match the cosmic blue colour. The civic is finally coming here in mid june so ive never seen the cosmic color in person just going by the pics you guys are posting which btw are super awesome. Appreciate the input. Thank you.
Honda Civic 10th gen Official COSMIC BLUE Civic Thread image

TChewy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring Cosmic Blue, 2014 Mazda CX-5
Hi mates. I'm from Australia. I've put in an order for a cosmic blue civic RS and we have an option here called "the black pack" I was wondering if the black rims, front lip and side skirts would match the cosmic blue colour. The civic is finally coming here in mid june so ive never seen the cosmic color in person just going by the pics you guys are posting which btw are super awesome. Appreciate the input. Thank you.
image.png
Personally I don't think it would go very well. Cosmic blue is such a unique color and it actually looks a bit more grey than black. If it were me, I'd do like what @CosmicTouring did with the color match kit and some of the chrome to set it off. His car looks more like a luxury car, Lexus or something, than a Civic. Just my opinion.

ajacks101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Koz McBloo 2016 Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
A few trim pieces I added. The rear piece was a little too autozone for my taste so I toned it way down. I'm still not completely sold on the fog lights brow. It seems a bit much as well.
20160609_190520.jpg
20160615_180540.jpg
20160615_183138.jpg
20160610_181140.jpg
20160609_190822.jpg
20160617_143711.jpg
20160617_145339.jpg
20160617_145346.jpg
Man I wish I had the knowledge and patience to do the things you and CosmicTouring have done to your cars, it really makes them look subtly gorgeous. I'll just have to admire them from here though...also, being my first lease, I'm unsure of what I'm allowed to change. I'd copy both of you if I owned the car though for sure! Great work!

RedFiver13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Man I wish I had the knowledge and patience to do the things you and CosmicTouring have done to your cars, it really makes them look subtly gorgeous. I'll just have to admire them from here though...also, being my first lease, I'm unsure of what I'm allowed to change. I'd copy both of you if I owned the car though for sure! Great work!
Mine is currently a lease as well. I think I'll buy it out though.

Linda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cosmic "Blue" 2016 Honda Civic EX-L
While I am fine with this color, I have to keep telling myself that this car is blue!!! Next to a true black, you can see the difference but from a distance, not so much!

Linda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I picked up a Cosmic Blue Metallic Touring edition from my local dealer fresh off the truck Saturday 11-28-2015 after reserving it 1.5 weeks in advance. I believe I have the first Touring edition in my area (I've been watching the local dealership stock for the last two weeks.) It certainly turns a lot of heads as people drive by! Very happy with my purchase and I traded in my 2008 Honda Civic EX that I bought new at the beginning of 2008. It's quite an upgrade to say the least!

cosmicblue-2016civic.jpg
I traded in my 2008 Honda Civic Hybrid with 140,000 miles and one battery replacement on it. My new Civic EX-L is getting nearly the same mileage. And, as you say, it is quite an upgrade but I did not know until AFTER I bought the car that there is no CD player anymore! I was disappointed about that. Now to download to an ipod...

Linda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold my first car to a happy customer!! It just so happened to be a Cosmic Blue '16 Civic... This color is so nice and i'd consider it a very close 2nd for me...

IMG_20151212_172410-01.jpeg
Now that one actually looks blue!

Linda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Both statements are likely true. The first one (and the second one, for that matter) can't just tell Honda that the next car for them should be a specific color combination and trim level, since Honda doesn't build cars in random sequence like that. The second one is willing to work the system to go find either their next allocation of the combination in question or go trade an allocation they have for some other combination with some other dealer that has an allocation of the one you want. Assuming that what you want is a combination that has allocations available somewhere. If a specific combination isn't scheduled for production, hence not allocated to dealers, then things get harder as nobody can get it until Honda schedules some for production and allocates them across the dealers.

I'm not and have never been an insider. But I'm on my ninth Honda product incoming, with all but three of those being cars I had to wait for. And that's how the process has been explained to me and seems to work.

Some dealers would really much rather talk you into compromising your desires and buying a car they already have on the lot.
My dealership obtained the Cosmic Blue EX-L from a city about 90 miles away and overnight.
Sponsored