Latest Hikari LEDs are very good

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I apologize if I'm beating a dead horse and, yes, I've posted on a couple of other threads but I wanted to review these new Hikari LEDs and let people who are on the fence or unsure about upgrading their halogen setup that these updated LEDs are very good. And for the price: sub $50 it's about the best "bang for the buck" for LED bulbs, imho.

I've tried OPT7 before and they were horrid. I've tried upgraded halogens and they were only marginally better than stock. I had HID kits and, yeah, they offer the best throw and lumens on the road but the warm up times were a turn off for me. Not a deal killer but having instant on is nice.

Fan noise is hardly noticeable especially when the engine is running.

On the road, the lighting is at least 50-75 percent brighter than stock. There's a definite difference in the quality of light with color balance and throw. There's not as much scatter and looks more defined but the lumens is bright. Yes, it's brighter in the first 20 feet or so in front of the car but the fall off isn't as noticeable in the early versions of LEDs. It's more gradual and the reach extends as much as the stock halogens, imho.

Anyway, below are some pics and if I can help answer any questions, I'll do my best but there's a ton of info on the board already but I like I stated, I just wanted to share.

Fairly compact, no external controller (not sure if that's good or bad).
Honda Civic 10th gen Latest Hikari LEDs are very good OVae0xG

Hikari LED (left), Sylvania Silverstar halogen (right) - near perfect color match with LED DRL.
Honda Civic 10th gen Latest Hikari LEDs are very good valTOkS

both sides Hikari LEDs
Honda Civic 10th gen Latest Hikari LEDs are very good x80OWKk

This shot was a quick grab and not the most representative but it gives a good idea about the brightness and throw. I know it doesn't look dark but the iphone does a remarkable job of making a scene appear brighter than it really was out there. You can see how it lit up the reflectors on the truck on the right and you can even see the throw go a little past the truck.
Honda Civic 10th gen Latest Hikari LEDs are very good CK5a9wT

OP
OP
silverrascal

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
OP
OP
silverrascal

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I cant wait for the day LED passes HIDs. It is going to happen.
Man, have a look at laser lighting (ie BMW)... That’s the next best thing in automotive lighting. I saw a beemer on the road with that system and it’s incredible.

ne0guri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 White Orchid Pearl Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I apologize if I'm beating a dead horse and, yes, I've posted on a couple of other threads but I wanted to review these new Hikari LEDs and let people who are on the fence or unsure about upgrading their halogen setup that these updated LEDs are very good. And for the price: sub $50 it's about the best "bang for the buck" for LED bulbs, imho.

I've tried OPT7 before and they were horrid. I've tried upgraded halogens and they were only marginally better than stock. I had HID kits and, yeah, they offer the best throw and lumens on the road but the warm up times were a turn off for me. Not a deal killer but having instant on is nice.

Fan noise is hardly noticeable especially when the engine is running.

On the road, the lighting is at least 50-75 percent brighter than stock. There's a definite difference in the quality of light with color balance and throw. There's not as much scatter and looks more defined but the lumens is bright. Yes, it's brighter in the first 20 feet or so in front of the car but the fall off isn't as noticeable in the early versions of LEDs. It's more gradual and the reach extends as much as the stock halogens, imho.

Anyway, below are some pics and if I can help answer any questions, I'll do my best but there's a ton of info on the board already but I like I stated, I just wanted to share.

Fairly compact, no external controller (not sure if that's good or bad).
OVae0xG.jpg

Hikari LED (left), Sylvania Silverstar halogen (right) - near perfect color match with LED DRL.
valTOkS.jpg

both sides Hikari LEDs
x80OWKk.jpg

This shot was a quick grab and not the most representative but it gives a good idea about the brightness and throw. I know it doesn't look dark but the iphone does a remarkable job of making a scene appear brighter than it really was out there. You can see how it lit up the reflectors on the truck on the right and you can even see the throw go a little past the truck.
CK5a9wT.jpg
Is this the LumiLed version that’s $89.99 on Amazon?

HIKARI Ultra LED Headlight Bulbs Conversion Kit -H11 (H8,H9), Prime LED 12000lm 6K Cool White,2 Yr Warranty https://www.amazon.com/dp/B077BT6M6Z/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_JfgZCb006XT8B

OP
OP
silverrascal

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Is this the LumiLed version that’s $89.99 on Amazon?

HIKARI Ultra LED Headlight Bulbs Conversion Kit -H11 (H8,H9), Prime LED 12000lm 6K Cool White,2 Yr Warranty https://www.amazon.com/dp/B077BT6M6Z/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_JfgZCb006XT8B
No. I got:
HIKARI LED Headlight Bulbs Conversion Kit-H11(H8,H9), 2019 New Gen of HIKARI, Adjustable Beam, 9600lm 6K Cool White

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07GKPR452/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

These sell for $37 (!!!) bucks. Like I mentioned in my post, for the money these are pretty impressive.

RyanK

2017 Black FK7
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
These sell for $37 (!!!) bucks. Like I mentioned in my post, for the money these are pretty impressive.
Thanks for the link, just bought a pair. These look great! Was there any mounting involved or is it simply plug and play?

OP
OP
silverrascal

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks for the link, just bought a pair. These look great! Was there any mounting involved or is it simply plug and play?
No mounting involved. The driver is integrated into the bulb so it’s a direct swap out of the halogen bulb and you’re good to go. Enjoy the lights!

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I put those in my Odyssey and have the other Philips base LEDs Hikari makes in the Civic. They're both good... and were actually better than the OP7 HIDs I started with. The Cree Hikaris weren't very good though. I don't even think they sell them anymore. If they do... it's probably just old stock. They were at a similar or slightly higher price point than the new ones they came out with back when I tried them.

OP
OP
silverrascal

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Drove in a rainstorm with them last night and I’m happy to say they did a great job of lighting up the road.

OP
OP
silverrascal

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This comment is going to make me pull the trigger, Thanks! Honestly though, thank god for free amazon returns, Lmfao.
LOL. Riiight?!?! Truthfully, I'm really impressed with them. I've also popped on the Lamin-X yellow film for the fogs and this setup seems to work out pretty well. YMMV.

_HatchED_

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hatchback Sport 6mt
Country flag
Just installed mine today and also impressed for $37 and 1 day shipping. Should hold me over well till I eventually decide what hid setup to run in the future.

SlowAP2

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SI, 04 S2K,
Country flag
FYI, Amazon has these on a lightening deal right now for $24.64.

OP
OP
silverrascal

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
OP
OP