First Name
Gage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I know you're frustrated. I have been there. But are you in contact with KTuner? Their support was incredibly helpful for me and I had a recovery device at my front door in the morning.
It's Sunday. Is support open on Sunday?

Not really frustrated, just sooo nervous/worried.
Sponsored

DeVo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R #21399
Country flag
It's Sunday. Is support open on Sunday?

Not really frustrated, just sooo nervous/worried.
I didn't think about that. I did all my interactions through e-mail. I would send them one and if they aren't monitoring it today you should have help in the morning.

I get it, though. I was in a panic and having a lot of negative feelings before I was back up and running.

Gagerr

Energy green ;)
First Name
Gage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Finally got it. It's just crazy how seemingly inconsistent this process is. I hate doing it so much.

Now the problem is: I'm obviously on stock tune, but I can't unlock this unit from the ECU because you have to actually use the "flash to factory tune" option under tuning tab. So I guess I can't sell it because you're crazy if you think I'm about to flash this ecu from factory to factory with all the problems I've already had with it

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
Sorry to hear you're having trouble. Make sure your laptop is in high performance mode and you may want to invest in a battery tender. If you're able to recover then you're able to flash (That's what recovering is). Those two things are the reasons for failures.

Gagerr

Energy green ;)
First Name
Gage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sorry to hear you're having trouble. Make sure your laptop is in high performance mode and you may want to invest in a battery tender. If you're able to recover then you're able to flash (That's what recovering is). Those two things are the reasons for failures.
This would only be being done 5 minutes after shutting my car off. Battery in the car has nothing to do with it in this case, nor the laptop as it's already in high performance mode. Support didn't really help. They just said I don't realize the purpose of unlocking the unit. Like what? Guess I'm out $400. Never going kTuner again

Also, if it fails again, I essentially have to get 2 successful flashes in a row to get it unlocked for sale. I've barely had 2 successful flashes since I've got the damn thing. Not risking the car again, and kTuner is more worried about me scamming them than helping

Linszter

TunerView Developer
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Accord K24, 2005 Civic K20 VSA
Country flag
This would only be being done 5 minutes after shutting my car off. Battery in the car has nothing to do with it in this case, nor the laptop as it's already in high performance mode. Support didn't really help. They just said I don't realize the purpose of unlocking the unit. Like what? Guess I'm out $400. Never going kTuner again

Also, if it fails again, I essentially have to get 2 successful flashes in a row to get it unlocked for sale. I've barely had 2 successful flashes since I've got the damn thing. Not risking the car again, and kTuner is more worried about me scamming them than helping
I had some failed flashes with a cheaper laptop. I bought an older business Lenovo laptop and never had failed flashes again.

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
It appears you've taken some things out of context. Generally happens when you're not happy, and you have good reason... However... The process is being changed, so if you don't want to follow the current process wait for that release as I mentioned in email.

Gagerr

Energy green ;)
First Name
Gage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It appears you've taken some things out of context. Generally happens when you're not happy, and you have good reason... However... The process is being changed, so if you don't want to follow the current process wait for that release as I mentioned in email.
What have I taken out of context?

boibuddha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You may have a poor connection between your laptop and the KTuner unit.

To check this, connect your laptop with the KTuner software running and look at the bottom left corner.
There is a status bar that should be consistently green (if you aren't trying to load a tune).

If it is flashing between green and red, I would try another cable. I swapped mine out with one of my old cell phone cables because I had a flaky connection.
The one included with the KTuner leaves a little to be desired, I feel like there is a little too much wiggle room when their cable is fully inserted into the KTuner Unit.

Once you establish a solid connection, that's when I would attempt a load.

Also, make sure you are in ignition mode (2 presses of the start button, where the screen says "press on clutch...blah blah") when loading your tune.
KTuner will ask you to turn off your car for w few seconds and go back into ignition mode before you hit OK.

I was in your shoes the first time I did a load, it was nerve racking but once you have it down, you are golden.

Good luck.

Deleted member 26142

It seems like I have a 50/50 chance of success when flashing with KTuner, is this normal? It turns every flash attempt into a 30 minute process: Try to flash, fail. Recover ECU. Try to flash again, fail. Try to receiver ECU, fail. Try to recover ECU, succeed. Try to flash, succeed.

This is obviously very frustrating. It seems to be unrelated to the process of rebooting my car. I can tell that the flash failed as soon as I go to power off the car because I get rapid beeps when I press the start/stop button to power off after a failed flash.

Here's an example. I know immediately that the flash failed because I get rapid beeps when I go to power off.

KTuner 1.2, Windows 10, KTuner software 1.0.7.7
Hey I know this is an old post, and you might have resolved the issue but I just want to give some insight on the situation. I had a very similar situation going on where the flash would fail and the ecu would go into recovery mode, the program would try too reset the ecu but fail again and again ect pretty much how it was happening too you. I pin pointed the issue too the OBD2 port itself on my car seems like the pins aren't all the way in the port and would loose connection right when it would finish flashing, what worked for me and continues too work every time I flash or have TunerView reading is, having the Ktuner right on the sweet spot not all the way in the port but just half way in. Make sure your getting the flashing green led(Ktuner is communicating with ECU) every time you key on before attempting too flash and make sure TunerView connects and reads everytime you key on. I was very frustrated and thought the Ktuner was a dud but looks like it was the Port on the car itself that caused this mayhem. anyway I hope this helps you in some way or anyone else with similar issues

carsrmilife

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback Sport Touring(TRADED)
Country flag
I’ve had the same problem with my 1.2 I have. If I’m lucky it’s a 50/50 shot at succeeding. Just now I’ve spent over an hour and 15 minutes trying to get it updated and flashed. Still haven’t succeeded. Need to wait for another day that I can devote wasted time to. And yes, I called support. No answer. Left a voicemail.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve had the same problem with my 1.2 I have. If I’m lucky it’s a 50/50 shot at succeeding. Just now I’ve spent over an hour and 15 minutes trying to get it updated and flashed. Still haven’t succeeded. Need to wait for another day that I can devote wasted time to. And yes, I called support. No answer. Left a voicemail.
From my own experience I can tell you that KTuner's customer service email will get you the quickest response versus calling.

carsrmilife

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
From my own experience I can tell you that KTuner's customer service email will get you the quickest response versus calling.
Okay, good to know, thanks. I’ll give that a try, the next time I have more time to waste.

carsrmilife

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Well, things just keep getting better. Today, three days after finally getting a successful tune loaded, the car went into limp mode. Sent an email for a “quick response” and am still waiting. 8 trouble codes, mostly sensors being over voltage and cylinder 4 misfire. So much for Honda’s being reliable! This is my 19th vehicle and the FIRST that has ever given me problems. So much for my interest in a new Accord.

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
Well, things just keep getting better. Today, three days after finally getting a successful tune loaded, the car went into limp mode. Sent an email for a “quick response” and am still waiting. 8 trouble codes, mostly sensors being over voltage and cylinder 4 misfire. So much for Honda’s being reliable! This is my 19th vehicle and the FIRST that has ever given me problems. So much for my interest in a new Accord.
Ya, those sensor errors were from it not seeing the correct voltage, so keep an eye out for them to happen again in the future if there is an issue with wiring etc. Misfires may have stemmed from those.
Sponsored