Canadian Battery Replacement?

123sillyboy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Let me take a picture and show you later today, there is a auto parts shop right next to where i work and i just told the guy to get me group 35 battery...
Installed no problem, with tie down and secure.. i even have a ultra racing strut bar installed on top of the battery too.

Let me shoot a pic and share later
Sponsored

OP
OP

250GTCalifornia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
OP
OP

250GTCalifornia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
Let me take a picture and show you later today, there is a auto parts shop right next to where i work and i just told the guy to get me group 35 battery...
Installed no problem, with tie down and secure.. i even have a ultra racing strut bar installed on top of the battery too.

Let me shoot a pic and share later
What is the manufacturer and model of your group 35 battery? Can you take pictures of it close up? How many CCAs?

123sillyboy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Where did you get that battery? I looked on their website, but it doesn't seem to let me order it online.
metro auto parts
Address: 4560 Hwy 7, Unionville, ON L3R 1M5
Phone: (905) 947-8884

Ask for Colin, let him know the Taekwondo school next door referred you, he will take care of you.
I dont know about costco battery, but the one I got from them fit for sure..

Giltibo

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Accord Coupe 5MT. '18 Civic Sport Touring 6MT (Both Red!)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hello,

Does anyone know the correct size(or a specific brand/model) for the Canadian civic 2016+?

I tried the Costco Kirkland group 35 and the motomaster eliminator 35 and both of them are too high in comparison with the OEM battery, they doesn’t fit in the hook that holds the battery. Also the 51R listed on the websites is too small for the tray.

I went to a Canadian tire and the staff guys and me, we tried to compare side a side with the models there and we didn’t find anything similar that will fit in the hook/tray.

I’m trying to don’t buy it in the dealership, they asked me $ 389,00 Cad for the new battery.

Thanks!
Toronto Honda Parts (at Toronto Honda Dealership) quotes 165.80 for the OEM battery... from there to 389, there's a big difference.
http://torontohondaparts.com/PartsL...r=2018&doors=5door&cat=electrical&illid=20061

Plus if the Group 35 battery does not fit with the OEM tie-down bolts, if the battery physically fits and the cables clear, longer tie-down bolts are available for only a few bucks at your local NAPA or CanTire store (I had the same problem with my '08 Accord when I exchanged the 51R for a 35 Battery.

17CivicLXHB

First Name
Sheldon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic LX Hatchback - 1.5T - 6MT
Country flag
Looking for a battery for my 2017 Civic and almost ordered a 51R. Glad I read this thread.... I decided to call my local dealer and I was told it’s a group 47 (aka H5) battery for these. I’m finding the 47’s are 7.5 inches tall whereas the 35’s are 8.9? I was looking at the Energizer Max AGM from Costco.ca and the 35s have higher CCA... The battery cables work with this taller battery? As well as the J bolts to hold it down?

eee.ccc

First Name
Vale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 DC5, 2019 Si Sedan
Country flag
What's the red tube on your positive terminal?
So, nothing is holding down your battery? Is it safe to do that?
I've been trying to take the red cap apart forever and have not been able to figure it out . Has anyone been able to do this without breaking it?

Last edited:

eee.ccc

First Name
Vale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 DC5, 2019 Si Sedan
Country flag
@17CivicLXHB

not sure if you're looking for a direct replacement from costco, based on some dimension cross referencing, it looks like the kirkland Group 32 = H5 battery is nearly exactly the dimensions as the stock LN2 battery in our cars: 9.5 in length (241 mm) / 6.9 inch width (175 mm) / 7.5 inch height (190 mm)

I will be swapping out the stock battery in the upcoming week and getting either the kirkland H5 or the Energizer AGM if its available from the costco store.

Ordered the energizer H5 AGM and can confirm it is a direct fit to the stock (maybe a few mm taller) . Been working beautifully for the past few weeks.

Last edited:

123sillyboy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
PM me if anyone looking for factory battery? I swap out mine when my car is new. It's canadian model battery.
I have it stored indoor, and keep it healthy by using battery tender

razz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sentra
Country flag
@17CivicLXHB

not sure if you're looking for a direct replacement from costco, based on some dimension cross referencing, it looks like the kirkland Group 32 = H5 battery is nearly exactly the dimensions as the stock LN2 battery in our cars: 9.5 in length (241 mm) / 6.9 inch width (175 mm) / 7.5 inch height (190 mm)

I will be swapping out the stock battery in the upcoming week and getting either the kirkland H5 or the Energizer AGM if its available from the costco store.

Ordered the energizer H5 AGM and can confirm it is a direct fit to the stock (maybe a few mm taller) . Been working beautifully for the past few weeks.
Which car do you have? I'm in Canada, are you?

I have a 2017 Civic EX with a dead battery. Would the Kirkland H5 work in my case? The dealer said the replacement is group 47 and now has 650 CCA, instead of the original 550 CCA. Is the AGM battery better than whatever Honda is selling? Their battery is $200.

Can the battery be purchased online at Costco? I have my parents membership but don't know if they will be checking upon pickup?

eee.ccc

First Name
Vale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 DC5, 2019 Si Sedan
Country flag
Which car do you have? I'm in Canada, are you?
****I have a 2019 si sedan. I'm from the Toronto area.

Would the Kirkland H5 work in my case?
*****(I'm not sure. I was comparing the dimensions of the LN2 battery to the H5 and the numbers were identical +/- a few mm. Can't remember the compatibility/comparison between the group 47 and H5 batteries)

AGM vs wet cell batteries you can google that. From my POV, Reliability is an added benefit. I've installed various LED lighting so that was a factor in my consideration . Also the Costco AGM has superior warranty at 100% refund at 60 months.

Can the battery be purchased online at Costco?
Yes. Mine shipped to my front door. (That being said I got the energizer AGM from Costco.

See above for q/a
Sponsored

Last edited: