Cscott_xGen

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
I thought this would be a interesting topic for the Si community here.

Lets see everyone Dyno numbers for the 1.5 T

-2017 SI FC1-

@KTuner
@RV6 fp/ dp Heat wrapped
Type R Clutch
@Two Step Performance stage 2 Flex Fuel kit e30
Hasport RMM
@PRL Motorsports PRL Cobra Street

Dyno'd in PHX

Honda Civic 10th gen Official 10th Gen SI ( DYNO Thread ) upload_2019-4-9_10-35-1-
Sponsored

Last edited:

PNW_FC3

First Name
Rae
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks for sharing. The numbers do seem to be a bit low compared to TSPs stock numbers... but... different car... ambient temps… elevation... dyno, etc.

One thing I do see is that you might be a good candidate for an intercooler if you're looking for your next mod. No way to validate it without your IATs... but you power/torque is consistently trending downward a lot on subsequent pulls.

I will say though... the shape of your power curve looks nicer than the stock one I've seen for TSP Stage 2. That one has power dropping like a rock... with their 270 whp (pretty sure that was their peak number) peak waaay before redline.

I've seen one other Si that had a CAI... I'm pretty sure it was also a Cobra... and it also held power pretty flat to redline instead of dropping badly on Stage 2. That might be a key in improving it a lot.

OP
OP
Cscott_xGen

Cscott_xGen

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Thanks for sharing. The numbers do seem to be a bit low compared to TSPs stock numbers... but... different car... ambient temps… elevation... dyno, etc.

One thing I do see is that you might be a good candidate for an intercooler if you're looking for your next mod. No way to validate it without your IATs... but you power/torque is consistently trending downward a lot on subsequent pulls.

I will say though... the shape of your power curve looks nicer than the stock one I've seen for TSP Stage 2. That one has power dropping like a rock... with their 270 whp (pretty sure that was their peak number) peak waaay before redline.

I've seen one other Si that had a CAI... I'm pretty sure it was also a Cobra... and it also held power pretty flat to redline instead of dropping badly on Stage 2. That might be a key in improving it a lot.
I thought that same they they talk about how they stage 2 should be about 272hp.

My dyno results compare to the ktuner start with flex. Im starting to think the tune they sent was not configured correctly

Tune Comparisons:
182whp / 206tq - Factory Calibration
208whp / 258tq - Ktuner Starter 23psi
237whp / 281tq - TSP Stage 1 Tune
245whp / 278tq - Ktuner Starter 23psi w/ Flex Fuel
270whp / 327tq - TSP Stage 2 Tune w/ Flex Fuel

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I thought that same they they talk about how they stage 2 should be about 272hp.

My dyno results compare to the ktuner start with flex. Im starting to think the tune they sent was not configured correctly

Tune Comparisons:
182whp / 206tq - Factory Calibration
208whp / 258tq - Ktuner Starter 23psi
237whp / 281tq - TSP Stage 1 Tune
245whp / 278tq - Ktuner Starter 23psi w/ Flex Fuel
270whp / 327tq - TSP Stage 2 Tune w/ Flex Fuel
Yeah... the numbers seem lower... but I still think the shape of the curve for the last couple thousand RPM looks nicer. Was there any earlier run done and they just kept the last 3 on the chart? A lot of idle time sitting still? It can add up. It'd take seeing IATs/K.cont to know for sure. You can definitely see the effects of it on runs 2 and 3. There's a ~15 whp and 35 ft-lb drop between runs 1 and 3.

I'd past datalogging on the street to make sure nothing amiss... checking to see what variables they had on the Dyno itself... there may not be anything wrong. Derek might be willing to take a look at a datalog since he made the tune to verify this.

Reactions: Myx

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2006 Mazda 6
Country flag
Looks like numbers consistent with bolt ons and ktuner flex fuel enabled. Should do the tsp stage 2 tune and your numbers will shoot up

OP
OP
Cscott_xGen

Cscott_xGen

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Yeah... the numbers seem lower... but I still think the shape of the curve for the last couple thousand RPM looks nicer. Was there any earlier run done and they just kept the last 3 on the chart? A lot of idle time sitting still? It can add up. It'd take seeing IATs/K.cont to know for sure. You can definitely see the effects of it on runs 2 and 3. There's a ~15 whp and 35 ft-lb drop between runs 1 and 3.

I'd past datalogging on the street to make sure nothing amiss... checking to see what variables they had on the Dyno itself... there may not be anything wrong. Derek might be willing to take a look at a datalog since he made the tune to verify this.[/QUOT
Looks like numbers consistent with bolt ons and ktuner flex fuel enabled. Should do the tsp stage 2 tune and your numbers will shoot up

This is there stage 2 tune.....

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2006 Mazda 6
Country flag
I guess you just edited the post then. Might be your elevation then. You’re torque is substantially lower than what it should be though. They advertise 327 tq. I have the same stage and the torque is def there. Never dynoed though

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yep. Got that from your original post. I'd still recommend a data log, looking at IATs/K.cont. There can be things going on... I can't remember if it was on our cars or the 9th gens... but some of the 'knock mics' for a better term are overly sensitive on a small minority of cars and can contribute to high K.cont pulling timing of what should otherwise be a good tune. Watching IAT vs k.cont trends could help identify it. The TSP stage 2 peaks at 270 whp but *way* earlier than redline... and power is falling like a rock past 6000 RPMs. That's why I haven't ever been overly excited about it... though I acknowledge it makes a lot more power than Stage 1. I just don't want to make peak power so far before redline. That's why I think you have a nicer looking curve... it's just not as high up as you'd like/expect. You're really only making TSP Stage 1/23# basemap w/ethanol enabled levels of power. Again... dyno... correction factor... elevation... temperature... they all are going to play in. With running TSP Stage 2... I'd do some (safe) spirited driving on the street... doing repeated WOT pulls and see how K.cont and IATs react. This curve looks similar to another I've seen that *was* a TSP Stage 2 w/the cobra intake... it's just lower overall. Regardless... I think heat soak from an no-longer-efficient turbo/undersized intercooler is killing you in the subsequent pulls after the first one.

OP
OP
Cscott_xGen

Cscott_xGen

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
My knock doesnt move it stays at .49
I guess you just edited the post then. Might be your elevation then. You’re torque is substantially lower than what it should be though. They advertise 327 tq. I have the same stage and the torque is def there. Never dynoed though
I feel the power its defiantly there. If you end up getting to a dyno post your numbers

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My knock doesnt move it stays at .49

I feel the power its defiantly there. If you end up getting to a dyno post your numbers
One other small variable you might be introducing: I think the full ignition advance requires E37. If you're using E30, you may lack a portion of the ignition advance that makes a portion of the power you are expecting to see when comparing it to the baseline dyno's TSP provides.

OP
OP
Cscott_xGen

Cscott_xGen

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Yep. Got that from your original post. I'd still recommend a data log, looking at IATs/K.cont. There can be things going on... I can't remember if it was on our cars or the 9th gens... but some of the 'knock mics' for a better term are overly sensitive on a small minority of cars and can contribute to high K.cont pulling timing of what should otherwise be a good tune. Watching IAT vs k.cont trends could help identify it. The TSP stage 2 peaks at 270 whp but *way* earlier than redline... and power is falling like a rock past 6000 RPMs. That's why I haven't ever been overly excited about it... though I acknowledge it makes a lot more power than Stage 1. I just don't want to make peak power so far before redline. That's why I think you have a nicer looking curve... it's just not as high up as you'd like/expect. You're really only making TSP Stage 1/23# basemap w/ethanol enabled levels of power. Again... dyno... correction factor... elevation... temperature... they all are going to play in. With running TSP Stage 2... I'd do some (safe) spirited driving on the street... doing repeated WOT pulls and see how K.cont and IATs react. This curve looks similar to another I've seen that *was* a TSP Stage 2 w/the cobra intake... it's just lower overall. Regardless... I think heat soak from an no-longer-efficient turbo/undersized intercooler is killing you in the subsequent pulls after the first one.

These are factors that iv payed attention to since day one. Currently the knock stays at .49 but i did realize it went to .53 after the dyno and resting the car / traction control.

Im curious to see other numbers from people with the same tune.

OP
OP
Cscott_xGen

Cscott_xGen

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
One other small variable you might be introducing: I think the full ignition advance requires E37. If you're using E30, you may lack a portion of the ignition advance that makes a portion of the power you are expecting to see when comparing it to the baseline dyno's TSP provides.

Well that is very good to know lol! I think you've found the culprit