Status
Not open for further replies.

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
I'm happy to hear that this is your approach to the situation, some of the tuning crowd can be a bit elitist in this respect. They'll basically say get x or I can't help you.
The 10th Gen Civic Facebook page is notorious for this. I'm a happy PRL/KTuner customer and all, but the bashing of all products not from those two brands that takes place on that FB page is fairly disgusting.
Sponsored

MavicTB

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Si Sedan Aegean Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The 10th Gen Civic Facebook page is notorious for this. I'm a happy PRL/KTuner customer and all, but the bashing of all products not from those two brands that takes place on that FB page is fairly disgusting.
I left all those groups for this reason. Even the admins are like that... No thanks.

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
I left all those groups for this reason. Even the admins are like that... No thanks.
Agreed, Andy is a bit out of control. When a member was temporarily banned for promoting a different brand, I decided that I'd had enough.

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm happy to hear that this is your approach to the situation, some of the tuning crowd can be a bit elitist in this respect. They'll basically say get x or I can't help you.
Well getting a standalone is the easiest solution.

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
I'd love to go motec. But that $ :puke:

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen MAPerformance - Civic X 1.5t Performance Engine Build Thread giphy (1)

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
18 SI, 18 CTR, 22 Si, 23 Integra
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yes, that is correct.

The issue with that is it will not translate to a fix for most customers and therefore not really be a relevant solution. Believe me, id prefer to have a standalone in every car we touch, but the reality is that to truly help the customers and average users sorting out a solution with stock ECU is going to be the best option.
The exact reason none of our cars are currently on Stand-alones.

Daelen@MAP

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Daelen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
Dont get me wrong, my personal cars all run on some form of Motec hardware, and there is no beating it, but I also very much so understand that there is a phase of "accessibility" that needs to happen as these new cars are in the early stages of modifications as thats the information most people want and need to see.

Thats not to say one is not in the cars future possibly, but at this time finding the limitations our customers may experience on a stock ECU and working on solutions for those will bring far more value.

Happy to hear that you guys appreciate that, as there is a struggle in my head at times. Good to see that paying off in the form of people understanding.

In other news, the car has actually spent a good amount of time on the dyno these past few months, between different turbos, our ported head testing, fuel system validation work, and a few other projects we have been busy!

Im going to get a bit more detailed on the fuel system stuff in another post, but here is a quick breakdown of what we are finding:
-Factory fuel system is on its ragged edge to get us to the 404whp mark (Dynojet)
-We have found a few restrictions in the system that resulted in nearly a 10psi base pressure jump
-Our ported head performed better than expected, but we do not have 100% full results as the fuel system is maxed out (Few posts back for posted results)
-This motor is still ticking! We have our built motor sitting in the engine room ready to go, just have not needed yet! The combo of good tuning, and the torque hit being up a bit higher seem to keep this motor happy. Going to just keep going until we find the limit!

NoKz

Speed Limit Tester
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si Coupe (Sold 12/2021)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Dont get me wrong, my personal cars all run on some form of Motec hardware, and there is no beating it, but I also very much so understand that there is a phase of "accessibility" that needs to happen as these new cars are in the early stages of modifications as thats the information most people want and need to see.

Thats not to say one is not in the cars future possibly, but at this time finding the limitations our customers may experience on a stock ECU and working on solutions for those will bring far more value.

Happy to hear that you guys appreciate that, as there is a struggle in my head at times. Good to see that paying off in the form of people understanding.

In other news, the car has actually spent a good amount of time on the dyno these past few months, between different turbos, our ported head testing, fuel system validation work, and a few other projects we have been busy!

Im going to get a bit more detailed on the fuel system stuff in another post, but here is a quick breakdown of what we are finding:
-Factory fuel system is on its ragged edge to get us to the 404whp mark (Dynojet)
-We have found a few restrictions in the system that resulted in nearly a 10psi base pressure jump
-Our ported head performed better than expected, but we do not have 100% full results as the fuel system is maxed out (Few posts back for posted results)
-This motor is still ticking! We have our built motor sitting in the engine room ready to go, just have not needed yet! The combo of good tuning, and the torque hit being up a bit higher seem to keep this motor happy. Going to just keep going until we find the limit!
Honda Civic 10th gen MAPerformance - Civic X 1.5t Performance Engine Build Thread tenor

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Bump as well

OP
OP
MAPerformance

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 SI Coupe
Country flag
We have a completed prototype engine that we are trying to get set up for a thorough flogging... but we haven't been able to blow our engine up yet, surprisingly.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.