Android Auto and Galaxy S10

W1NTER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X 1.8L CVT Sedan
Country flag
Anyone here also has a Galaxy S10 device?

If "night mode" is turned on in the device settings, the display in the infotainment screen stays at night mode (Google Maps, Spotify, etc.) regardless if it's bright outside or even if the headlights are on. Same issue if I have it disabled, it's now stuck in day mode in the display regardless of the lighting conditions.

I have a OnePlus 5T before and I believe it's working fine before..
Sponsored

ManofGod1000

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Couple Energy Green
Country flag

If "night mode" is turned on in the device settings, the display in the infotainment screen stays at night mode (Google Maps, Spotify, etc.) regardless if it's bright outside or even if the headlights are on. Same issue if I have it disabled, it's now stuck in day mode in the display regardless of the lighting conditions.

I was not aware there was even an automatic setting for this. If you do not mind me asking, how does one set this up please? Thanks. (I have an Essential phone with Android 9.0.) If there is no way to set this up manually, that is cool, thanks. :)

OP
OP
W1NTER

W1NTER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X 1.8L CVT Sedan
Country flag
I was not aware there was even an automatic setting for this. If you do not mind me asking, how does one set this up please? Thanks. (I have an Essential phone with Android 9.0.) If there is no way to set this up manually, that is cool, thanks. :)
I really did not have to set this up.

If you have your headlights on automatic, and when your headunit dims (tunnel, etc), the color scheme changes to night/day, Google Maps, Spotify or even in the home screen.

You can also check your Google Maps settings in your phone, under navigation settings, colour scheme Day/Night/Automatic.

You can also manually override the settings if you enable developer options in the Android Auto app in your phone:
https://9to5google.com/2018/01/12/how-to-enable-android-auto-developer-settings-android-basics/

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag

Apart from the Day Mode/ Nigh Mode issue, are there any other issues you have found with the Galaxy 10, when being used with Android Auto. ?

Do you find that AA appears to be faster and more responsive ??

It's like putting a Formula One engine into a Model T Ford !!!
There just has to be some issues.

And any issue will need to be sorted out at the Galaxy 10 end, because you be sure that Honda is not going do any updates to their Ancient Civic Head Unit to work with the latest modern Smartphones.

OP
OP
W1NTER

W1NTER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X 1.8L CVT Sedan
Country flag
I don't have any other issues other than that day/night mode stuff.

I can only compare to the OP5T phone I had before, so far it's the same, speed wise.

But then again, I only use AA for Spotify and Google Maps. And occasional "OK Google, call my baby"

Leetcivx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Si
Country flag

I've had the galaxy s10 (128GB) since March 6th and have not had this issue at all with AA. I have used it in my Si and also a loaner EX. I do use night mode exclusively.
Do you have a different version of the S10?

OP
OP
W1NTER

W1NTER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X 1.8L CVT Sedan
Country flag
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Vti-L - 1.5L
Country flag
I have the S10+, Exynos version though.

Did a further search, and seems like few others have this issue as well.

https://www.civicx.com/threads/weird-issue-with-head-unit-and-android-auto.33728/#post-577430
This seems to be a common problem caused by the night mode on the Galaxy S10. I'm sure they're working on a fix.

https://www.androidpolice.com/2019/...s-android-auto-to-think-its-always-nighttime/

In the meantime maybe you can enable a timer based thing to switch to night mode? Or you can use Tasker to disable it when you connect to your cars Bluetooth.

inc0gnito

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
Not sure if it's the S10 or an android update that's causing it. Have an S9+, was working fine til the last month or so. It stays in day-time mode regardless of settings.

jason510

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I don't have any other issues other than that day/night mode stuff.

I can only compare to the OP5T phone I had before, so far it's the same, speed wise.

But then again, I only use AA for Spotify and Google Maps. And occasional "OK Google, call my baby"
I have a 2019 Si and the AA sucks nuts. I mean that with every bone in my body. I connect it, and it keeps dropping meaning that it takes me back to the homescreen and the AA button on the car display is gone until I disconnect my phone and reconnect it. Sometimes it goes for 15-20 minutes with no problems, other times it goes for 5. Some times, but not often, driving the same route, it doesn't disconnect at all.

And this isn't just me. One of my coworkers who has a different carrier and different phone by the way, has the same problem in her 2018 Accord Sport with what I think is a different head unit. Two days ago I was in an Uber which was a 2018 Honda Clarita, and his disconnected twice for a ride that lasted 10 minutes. Both have said that it does this often despite having a good cell signal.

Not meaning to hijack the thread, but I wonder if anyone else experiences this or has a fix. What I have noticed with my LG G7 is that any settings that are reflected app wise on AA are based on my settings on my phone. For instance, my Waze app on AA does not have voice directions because I have that feature turned off on the app that lives on my phone.

OP
OP
W1NTER

W1NTER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X 1.8L CVT Sedan
Country flag
I have a 2019 Si and the AA sucks nuts. I mean that with every bone in my body. I connect it, and it keeps dropping meaning that it takes me back to the homescreen and the AA button on the car display is gone until I disconnect my phone and reconnect it. Sometimes it goes for 15-20 minutes with no problems, other times it goes for 5. Some times, but not often, driving the same route, it doesn't disconnect at all.

And this isn't just me. One of my coworkers who has a different carrier and different phone by the way, has the same problem in her 2018 Accord Sport with what I think is a different head unit. Two days ago I was in an Uber which was a 2018 Honda Clarita, and his disconnected twice for a ride that lasted 10 minutes. Both have said that it does this often despite having a good cell signal.

Not meaning to hijack the thread, but I wonder if anyone else experiences this or has a fix. What I have noticed with my LG G7 is that any settings that are reflected app wise on AA are based on my settings on my phone. For instance, my Waze app on AA does not have voice directions because I have that feature turned off on the app that lives on my phone.
Try using AA with the original cable that came with your phone.

And for the last paragraph, that's the essence of Android Auto, it basically projects what you have on your phone to your phone itself or the head unit with a "driver/driving" friendly display/format.

So that's the same app you are using, just presented a little bit different.

jason510

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Try using AA with the original cable that came with your phone.

And for the last paragraph, that's the essence of Android Auto, it basically projects what you have on your phone to your phone itself or the head unit with a "driver/driving" friendly display/format.

So that's the same app you are using, just presented a little bit different.
So in your experience you haven't had any connection issues?

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
I have no connection issue with the right cable. It's really cable picky

OP
OP
W1NTER

W1NTER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X 1.8L CVT Sedan
Country flag
So in your experience you haven't had any connection issues?
Yeah, no connectivity issues at all for my S10+ and OnePlus 5T.

I do have a Huawei Mate 10 before, it had connectivity issues, but after searching in Google, seems like all Huawei phones have it, so I ditched it.

jason510

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I have no connection issue with the right cable. It's really cable picky
The cable that my phone came with is being used with my charger. It seems like every after market product needs the original cable, which is obviously impossible. I got an Anker cable that other posters are using. I've never had a problem using their products, but I guess it's worth a shot.
Sponsored