CTR Exhaust Question (Are there any active options out there?)

18CarEnthusiast18

First Name
N/A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Country flag
CTR Exhaust Question (Are there any active options out there?)

Like the title says are there any active exhaust options for the CTR? Maybe that isn't the right term, but go easy on me as Ford guy... Ford calls it "active valve exhaust" on the new Mustangs. Basically you have 4 options/modes: quiet, normal, sport, and track (names may not be spot on, but you get the point).

I am wondering if Honda or anybody has a similar option that would work with our CTR's as I would like something like this. I know Borla and others make aftermarket setups for the Mustang that support the active settings, but I don't see anything really for our cars, but I am unfamiliar with the best places to look for aftermarket parts for Honda's as I am new to the Honda car scene and all...

Look forward to hearing advice and opinions.

Thanks!
Sponsored

zsak

First Name
Tej
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Turbo S2000, 2014 SRT Jeep Grand Cherokee , 1998 Jeep Wrangler
Country flag
Check Remus out.

xGreyWorm

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Miltek is another one and sequence manufacturing I believe both have valve type systems for their exhaust. Sequence is a titanium exhaust.

OP
OP

18CarEnthusiast18

First Name
N/A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Country flag
Check Remus out.
This kind of setup or maybe even the Borla setup could work. I like the Remus as it is digital and can be adjusted while on the move vs Borla has to be done under the car and all that... I a quick google search I saw a youtube video by FlyinGato where apparently the Remus setup cost 3K not installed. Not sure what thats all about as I see in google 1200-1800. Borla in that range as well.

Do you have any experience with Remus?

OP
OP

18CarEnthusiast18

First Name
N/A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Country flag
Miltek is another one and sequence manufacturing I believe both have valve type systems for their exhaust. Sequence is a titanium exhaust.
About to head off to bed so I will have to do some research on these tomorrow, but a quick search doesn't turn up any videos of changeability at least digitally. One of them I think comes with silencers that can be added and removed. Though I didn't look into them fully, but plan to. Thanks!

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
miltek is not valved. The sequence manufacturing is a boost actuated valve and not electronically controlled like he wants it.

Remus, Frequency Intelligent, Army Trix are i believe the only valved system that are electronically controlled.
If you don't mind a boost actuated exhaust, there is Sequence Manufacturing (which I personally run), boost logics, which are both Ti.

TI like the Remus as it is digital and can be adjusted while on the move vs Borla has to be done under the car and all that... I a quick google search I saw a youtube video by FlyinGato where apparently the Remus setup cost 3K not installed. Not sure what thats all about as I see in google 1200-1800.
its 1200-1800 depending on the kind of tips you want. Then you have to add 500 or so dollars for the valve controller so it ends up being ~$2300.

Try and message @idragmazda . He has a detailed review of the remus exhaust somewhere on this forum and i've personally spoke to him regarding the exhaust few times before I ultimately decided and chose the Ti exhaust.
Sponsored