Drunk driver rear ended me.

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
Update: After the insurance adjuster looked at the car at the body shop and the dash cam they determined the car is most likely a total loss due to damage. And thank to a bank camera the drive was caught rear endeding me and fleeing the scene.
So GOOD News .. they can get the guy, and you can get a new car (and start Modding all over again ;) )
Sponsored

Nanook

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Accord, 2018 Pilot, 2017 Si, 2018 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Update: After the insurance adjuster looked at the car at the body shop and the dash cam they determined the car is most likely a total loss due to damage. And thank to a bank camera the drive was caught rear endeding me and fleeing the scene.
That sucks. Glad you got the camera footage though.

OP
OP
SiR_91

SiR_91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
91 SiR, 2018 Si coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yup .now.its just waiting for a check and finding another car. Trying to decide to go couo again or to go sedan. Tough decision

Nanook

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yup .now.its just waiting for a check and finding another car. Trying to decide to go couo again or to go sedan. Tough decision
Just know anyone over 5 ft tall won’t like back seat in sedan. Also rear glass comes over their head so it gets hot.

mofoD

First Name
D$
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Aegean Blue '18 Si Coupe (Toy), White Orchid Pearl '16 Accord Touring V6 Coupe (Daily)
Country flag
sorry to read that. any pics of the damages?

blackie X

First Name
tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
i have the CBP sedan and i can assure you its well worth the extra space, and ease of access to the back seat. the only thing i would change is the spoiler on the back, still trying to get rid of the minimal rattle i have on the spoiler from the SUB

blackie X

First Name
tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
Just know anyone over 5 ft tall won’t like back seat in sedan. Also rear glass comes over their head so it gets hot.
im 6'1 and i can sit in the back seat of my car with zero issues, would rather get in the back of a sedan than try and cram into a tiny coupe backseat like i have to in my 09 coupe

OP
OP
SiR_91

SiR_91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
91 SiR, 2018 Si coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
sorry to read that. any pics of the damages?
Will have pics when I get too the body shop. It was too dark to take any when I happened along with not even having my phone that night. It was towed straight to the body shop and to be honest I don't want to see it. Makes me sick thinking about it after what I had already don't to it. But it's life and you gotta roll with the punches. So will hopefully get the posted in the next day or two.

OP
OP
SiR_91

SiR_91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
91 SiR, 2018 Si coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
i have the CBP sedan and i can assure you its well worth the extra space, and ease of access to the back seat. the only thing i would change is the spoiler on the back, still trying to get rid of the minimal rattle i have on the spoiler from the SUB
My coupe was a cbp as well .loved the color. And it had the same sub rattle as well. I kind of wished I had bought a sedan to begin with but I had always had 2 doors because of not having any kids yet. But that may change. And yes the stock spoilers don't really fit these cars. After seeing type r like spoiler on the sedan I love it. Reminds me of the super car v8 series lol. Always loved watching them race.

OP
OP
SiR_91

SiR_91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
91 SiR, 2018 Si coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
im 6'1 and i can sit in the back seat of my car with zero issues, would rather get in the back of a sedan than try and cram into a tiny coupe backseat like i have to in my 09 coupe
Yeah the back seat is pretty cramped in the coup. But is do able. I am 6'1" and my wife's father is 6'7" and they ride with my wife and I once a month to go to dinner. So it doesn't matter if couple or sedan he doesn't fit. I never climbed in the back of my coupe so I have no clue what it's like back there but if the sedan is better I'll go for it. And yes the extra cargo room would be nice. Thank you everyone for your support and your help. I really appreciate it a lot. I'm glad to know there is so many great people out there.

Nanook

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Doh!, I meant sedan. Feeling a bit silly

NoelPR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Ridgeline RTL-E (Thanks to the CTR markups)
Country flag
Being rear ended is my biggest fear specially when you are driving a extremely rare car.

OP
OP
SiR_91

SiR_91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
91 SiR, 2018 Si coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You could always get a CBP Type R this time... ;)
Then I would have to buy all new parts .was hoping to salvage the parts I had already bought lol. If it wasn't for that I would take out a loan to pay the difference lol
Sponsored