skid plate crumpled

civicdabest-foo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic x 1.5L turbo CVT
Country flag
Interesting that some dealerships don't own up to their mistakes.

There's an independent drive thru lube shop here that forgot to properly tighten a drain bolt. Owner found out soon enough because of oil leaks and shop owned up.

Dealerships lol.

I won't name names. But I have had cars almost get trashed because of what a dealership's service department did. Do your due dilligence. Just because the service department is attached to a dealership that has the same logo as your car doesn't mean they won't make mistakes.
Sponsored

WOPSiWOT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Can anyone who has done their own oil change, comment on how securely the 10 screws re-attach after the oil change. Are the Screws "Bolts" or "sheet metal screws".

If they are sheet metal screws, I can picture the Dealers mechanic putting them back with a Air Power Tool, and both crossing and stripping the threads, so they are not secured tightly anymore, and can work loose.

corrigan%2Bharper%2Bcar.jpg

How I picture driving home from the Dealer, after some service work ..!
Six quarter turn fasteners and two Phillips head bolts. After letting the dealer do a couple of oil changes I found that I was missing two quarter turns, which I have since replaced. Never again. They just don’t care about your car like you do.

kittyrichie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My skid plate fell down and crumpled after my first oil change.... never scraped or hit anything from the time I got the oil change and when it fell off. I do not think the people take their time putting the clips back on at the dealer.

Hondaman_MI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' Civic EX-T
Country flag
My skid plate fell down and crumpled after my first oil change.... never scraped or hit anything from the time I got the oil change and when it fell off. I do not think the people take their time putting the clips back on at the dealer.
The dealer doesn't give AF. You're lucky if they reset oil life, don't lose screws, tighten the oil drain plug, or don't get your interior filthy.

Hondaman_MI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' Civic EX-T
Country flag
Six quarter turn fasteners and two Phillips head bolts. After letting the dealer do a couple of oil changes I found that I was missing two quarter turns, which I have since replaced. Never again. They just don’t care about your car like you do.
Did you go back to the dealer to get them replaced? I have one of them missing, can't remember exactly which one right now. Would like to get it replaced.
Sponsored