BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2006 Mazda 6
Country flag
Any catless downpipe will throw a CEL eventually. I tested it twice today and it came on around 30 miles again. My state requires yearly smog so I wanted to make sure a yearly install swap wasnt needed.
Sorry I mean their catted downpipe throwing a cell while other brand doesn’t . Is it because of the type of catalytic converter material used or ?
Sponsored

Turn10Photos

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.turn10photos.com
Vehicle(s)
FC3 Si, FK7, HRV
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I believe they run a race style cat on that option, but I'm not 100%. I'm guessing it's a lack of material compared to OE which will still make the second 02 read wrong.
Sorry I mean their catted downpipe throwing a cell while other brand doesn’t . Is it because of the type of catalytic converter material used or ?

Turn10Photos

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.turn10photos.com
Vehicle(s)
FC3 Si, FK7, HRV
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Could you show us an installed picture. Does it have a 1" gap between the turbo heat shield and the upper downpipe heat shield like the 27Won dp?
I did not install the heatshield. I mounted the shields to show people on here. This bolts directly in the factory position so it will look OE. When I'm back under the car for a retorque I will snap better photos.

Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Motorsports 2016+ Civic X 1.5T Testing IMG_20181229_003030

WOPSiWOT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Seems to me that if you install a larger diameter pipe and a higher flowing cat then you will necessarily throw p0420 code. If you aren’t getting a code then you aren’t getting any added efficiency and so ... what’s the point? People say the catted aFe doesn’t throw a code, but besides being expensive af, does that just mean it isn’t providing any added exhaust efficiency? That would be my conclusion. Spending the money for a DP/FP and not doing KTuner first is also a pretty backwards way to go about adding power for this platform.

http://www.ddmworks.com/High-Flow-Catalytic-Converters-and-the-P0420-engine-code_b_2.html

10GenPearlSi

Old Man
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Pearl Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Could you show us an installed picture. Does it have a 1" gap between the turbo heat shield and the upper downpipe heat shield like the 27Won dp?
It has been months. I have been looking for an installed picture with the heat shields on. If somebody has posted this here or on facebook I have missed it.

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It has been months. I have been looking for an installed picture with the heat shields on. If somebody has posted this here or on facebook I have missed it.
It’ll be the same as oem lol

10GenPearlSi

Old Man
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Pearl Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It’ll be the same as oem lol
I don't think so! I think it will be like the 27Won downpipe with a 1 inch gap between the turbo heat shield and the upper downpipe shield. Below is a picture of the 27Won downpipe installed to show you what I mean.
Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Motorsports 2016+ Civic X 1.5T Testing img_1168-

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I don't think so! I think it will be like the 27Won downpipe with a 1 inch gap between the turbo heat shield and the upper downpipe shield. Below is a picture of the 27Won downpipe installed to show you what I mean.
img_1168-jpg.jpg
But either way a 1 inch gap isn't a big deal

ricoxg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@PRL Motorsports

Couple of questions:

• Threadlocker recommended during installation of the bolts?
  • What are the torque specs for the bolts? Especially turbo side.
  • What are the 4 washers for in the combo?

OP
OP
PRL Motorsports

PRL Motorsports

Premium Performance Products
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2016 Civic EX-T, 2018 Type R
Country flag
@PRL Motorsports

Couple of questions:

• Threadlocker recommended during installation of the bolts?
  • What are the torque specs for the bolts? Especially turbo side.
  • What are the 4 washers for in the combo?
We do not use threadlock, the torque specs for the DP will be honda OE and the 4 washers in the combo are for the heatshield stand-offs

10GenPearlSi

Old Man
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Pearl Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Motorsports 2016+ Civic X 1.5T Testing Accord1.5TDownpipeinstalledunder1.5TIntake.1

I see PRL posted this installed picture of it's V2 catted downpipe on their website. I think it is an Accord 1.5L. Looks like it is scorching the intake tube from heat rising from the gap.

EDIT: On second inspection, I think what I thought was scorching was just the cameraman reflection.

Last edited:

AREA

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic SI coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Accord1.5TDownpipeinstalledunder1.5TIntake.1.jpg

I see PRL posted this installed picture of it's V2 catted downpipe on their website. I think it is an Accord 1.5L. Looks like it is scorching the intake tube from heat rising from the gap.

EDIT: On second inspection, I think what I thought was scorching was just the cameraman reflection.
Bob I have installed one on Cody's car! We had to bend one bracket to get everything to bolt back like oem.