First Name
Louis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Hey CivicX,

New member here. I've recently purchased a Honda civic FK7 Hatchback sport (Rallye Red). I spent some time looking for the exact one I wanted and negotiated a brilliant price for it. To me, it's a gem with a 6 speed Manual Transmission.

I picked it up at a great price during negotiating because, my civic was previously a lightly modified car and returned to stock by the last owner who only lowered the suspension including rolling the fenders (engine untouched; wheels were powder-coated). The previous owner did a TERRIBLE job, and has resulted with severely cracked paint. The metal on the fenders are clean/flush, except for one slightly dented rear quarter panel at the fenders (The light "bends" in the picture vs. the pic with the rim has a clean body line). [Pictures Included; been raining recently]

I do have a paint job and body work shaping lined up at an auto/paint shop. In the future, I plan on lowering the car, but I really wanted your guy's opinion on whether I should re-roll the fenders cleanly (eastwood method w/ heat gun) as well as reshaping the metal on the one quarter panel before applying a new coat of paint.

Thanks for the read!

Honda Civic 10th gen HELP Re-rolling FENDERS? Civic Hatchback rsz_20190308_143651
Honda Civic 10th gen HELP Re-rolling FENDERS? Civic Hatchback rsz_20190308_143857
Honda Civic 10th gen HELP Re-rolling FENDERS? Civic Hatchback rsz_20190308_143841
Honda Civic 10th gen HELP Re-rolling FENDERS? Civic Hatchback rsz_20190308_144007
Honda Civic 10th gen HELP Re-rolling FENDERS? Civic Hatchback rsz_20190308_143725

OP
OP
Olim

Olim

First Name
Louis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
What that looks like to me is, his fitment was probably fully fender to lip and it rubbed. which caused the chipped paint. I would fix the fenders than repaint them.
Makes sense! The previous owner definitely had it uber low, noticed rubbing areas inside the fender liners as well.

Don't plan on going as low as fender to rim, so maybe won't re-roll. I still plan on fixing the fenders (reshaping the one side to get rid of that dent), then repainting it.