Post your tinted windows

Ghostly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX Sedan MT
Country flag
I've posted a few more pics of the inside for someone else who asked a few pages back in this thread but here is a photo I took of the 5% windshield sunstrip on a sunny day last week. Not from the backseat though but it may give you an idea. However I've since learned that in the US the sunstrip cannot go below the AS1 line printed on the passenger side of the windshield. In Canada we have no such restrictions so my sunstrip is fairly thick and extends about 4 inches below that line so in the states your sunstrip will probably be much much thinner. Anyways here's the pic:

image.jpeg

From the outside:
image.jpeg
Was that sunstrip installed by the dealership?
Sponsored

timothyjay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Finally got my tint fixed. 3M Color Stable 20% throughout (driver/passenger/back seats and rear windshield). I definitely like the darkness of this tint compared to the dealer installed that came with it.

Unedited Photo:
Honda Civic 10th gen Post your tinted windows IMG_2004 2.JPG

Photoshopped Photo:
Honda Civic 10th gen Post your tinted windows IMG_2004.JPG

Last edited:

TChewy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring Cosmic Blue, 2014 Mazda CX-5
Finally got my tint fixed. 3M Color Stable 20% throughout (driver/passenger/back seats and rear windshield). I definitely like the darkness of this tint compared to the dealer installed that came with it.

IMG_2004.JPG
Looks sweet. That pic almost makes it look like you photoshopped it. The lighting is so good. I like that consistent look.

timothyjay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
It's photoshopped a little bit. It was really sunny, and sun was straight above and for some reason, made the photo look dark. I've attached the unedited photo also.

Looks sweet. That pic almost makes it look like you photoshopped it. The lighting is so good. I like that consistent look.

EtherealAegis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Burgundy Night Pearl Touring

Unedited Photo:
IMG_2004 2.JPG

Photoshopped Photo:
IMG_2004.JPG
Did you leave the sunroof stock tint?

timothyjay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Did you leave the sunroof stock tint?
I did. I forgot to ask about it this morning, but might get it done another time.

I asked a couple shops about tinting the sunroof and most of them suggested not to do it, though I'm still considering it. Maybe once I get my windshield replaced (it has a small chip that has been filled in), I'll take the windshield tinted and ask about the sunroof.

Reactions: arb

TChewy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring Cosmic Blue, 2014 Mazda CX-5
I did. I forgot to ask about it this morning, but might get it done another time.

I asked a couple shops about tinting the sunroof and most of them suggested not to do it, though I'm still considering it. Maybe once I get my windshield replaced (it has a small chip that has been filled in), I'll take the windshield tinted and ask about the sunroof.
That picture was just enhanced, that's all. For the sunroof I looked at it the other day and it said min. 21% so isn't it already tinted or do you want to go darker or ceramic because it gets a lot more sun?

timothyjay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
I'd probably want to go a little darker. I do enjoy sliding the cover every now and then, but sometimes the sun is still too strong. One shop told me that tinting it would give it a chance to crack since that small area will get direct sunlight and make it hot - not sure how accurate that is though.

That picture was just enhanced, that's all. For the sunroof I looked at it the other day and it said min. 21% so isn't it already tinted or do you want to go darker or ceramic because it gets a lot more sun?

CosmicTouring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring, 2014 Honda Civic EX-L Navi
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have 15% ceramic on my sunroof and it makes a big difference. I can pretty much leave the cover open all the time which gives that more open cockpit feel.

Honda Civic 10th gen Post your tinted windows 20160429_123442

thepixelsedge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Was that sunstrip installed by the dealership?
No, I got all my tint done at Ziebarts/Uniglass... Theyre a franchise There's a bunch around the GTA. Charged me $250 but they refuse to do the sunroof bc they say it has to be hand cut and then they can't cover it under their warranty.

CosmicTouring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
No, I got all my tint done at Ziebarts/Uniglass... Theyre a franchise There's a bunch around the GTA. Charged me $250 but they refuse to do the sunroof bc they say it has to be hand cut and then they can't cover it under their warranty.
My sunroof was computer cut and under warranty. Called ahead so that they can precut. Stopped over during my lunch and done in a few minutes.

CosmicTouring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My sunroof was computer cut and under warranty. Called ahead so that they can precut. Stopped over during my lunch and done in a few minutes.
I think it all depends on the software the shops invest in. The maintenance update cost is pretty expensive.

anckentucky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T Crystal Black Pearl
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just scheduled an appointment for Thursday to get mine tinted. Legal limit is 35%, but I want a tad darker. Struggling between 20-30% range or to do the front doors 35% and then fade to the back. Going Lllumar Ceramic, gonna cost me $275 with a front brow/strip.

CosmicTouring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just scheduled an appointment for Thursday to get mine tinted. Legal limit is 35%, but I want a tad darker. Struggling between 20-30% range or to do the front doors 35% and then fade to the back. Going Lllumar Ceramic, gonna cost me $275 with a front brow/strip.
That's a good price. I used 35 front and 15 back.

timothyjay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
That's not a bad price. Mine cost me $250 for 3M Color Stable 20%.

Legal limit here in Florida is 35% at the front also, but I opted to go 20% so it's even throughout. I did have to pay under the stable since obviously, the shop can't do something illegal to your vehicle. Driving around during the day, it's perfect. I think the 20% is plenty visible looking out, but the darkness looking in is what I really liked.

Just be sure the cops in your area aren't notorious for stopping you for dark tint - which may be what would sway your decision.
Sponsored