Post your tinted windows

Dretlaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring WOP, 2023 Tesla Model Y Perf
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
when you guys get your back window tinted, do they remove the 3rd brake light housing or can they tint entire back window without removing 3rd brake light? thanks.
You know I didn't notice but I just checked and it looks to me that the tint shop techs were able to slip the film between the glass and 3rd brake light housing. I thought they had cut around it. Still able to see the light well when braking so I guess I don't mind.

Toolz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type-R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Solar Guard HP Charcoal 23% all around,

Honda Civic 10th gen Post your tinted windows 20160506_121326_zps7ut6jzid

Honda Civic 10th gen Post your tinted windows 20160506_121434_zpskrufl47x

Andy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring, 2001 BMW 320i
For those that have their front windshield tinted (window strip) can you please post a pic of how it looks from the inside. Preferably, a pic from the back seat. Thinking of getting it tinted myself with 5% strip but don't know how it would look.

Thank you

timothyjay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
For those with 15% or 20% all throughout (driver/passenger/back seats/rear), do you think it's too dark? Would you go lighter?

I'm getting my tint redone tomorrow and opting for 3M Color Shade 20.

Thanks!

Dretlaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring WOP, 2023 Tesla Model Y Perf
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
For those with 15% or 20% all throughout (driver/passenger/back seats/rear), do you think it's too dark? Would you go lighter?

Thanks!
I am very satisfied with the 20% rear windows and back screen, not too dark and not too light. At night you can still see well out! But will be going with 50% in front soon. I don't want to risk getting stopped for anything less than 50%.

Mr.Brown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-L Black

Thanks!
I got 15% all the way around. its a bit dark, but to be honest I like it. the only reason I would go lighter is because I fear getting pulled over. I was told by all my friends that they are pretty lenient in my part of Florida here

timothyjay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
I am very satisfied with the 20% rear windows and back screen, not too dark and not too light. At night you can still see well out! But will be going with 50% in front soon. I don't want to risk getting stopped for anything less than 50%.
Thanks for the feedback. The cops in my area hasn't been horrible about tint issue so I'm confident I won't get stopped. The only time I've heard of it happen to friends of mine was when my friend got ticketed because her tint was the reflective/mirror tint. She's had the car since 2001 and has only been stopped once.

timothyjay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
I got 15% all the way around. its a bit dark, but to be honest I like it. the only reason I would go lighter is because I fear getting pulled over. I was told by all my friends that they are pretty lenient in my part of Florida here
Likewise. As far as I know, cops here in Jacksonville isn't too bad with tint.

thepixelsedge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
For those that have their front windshield tinted (window strip) can you please post a pic of how it looks from the inside. Preferably, a pic from the back seat. Thinking of getting it tinted myself with 5% strip but don't know how it would look.

Thank you
I've posted a few more pics of the inside for someone else who asked a few pages back in this thread but here is a photo I took of the 5% windshield sunstrip on a sunny day last week. Not from the backseat though but it may give you an idea. However I've since learned that in the US the sunstrip cannot go below the AS1 line printed on the passenger side of the windshield. In Canada we have no such restrictions so my sunstrip is fairly thick and extends about 4 inches below that line so in the states your sunstrip will probably be much much thinner. Anyways here's the pic:

Honda Civic 10th gen Post your tinted windows ima

From the outside:
Honda Civic 10th gen Post your tinted windows ima