So my custom sunshade finally came in the mail. No more hot car!

timothyjay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Finally got a chance to try out my silver sunshade - it was delayed and delivered yesterday and I was away all weekend. Sorry for the delay @modernwarpaint.

Anyway, attached are photos on my silver vehicle. Looks pretty good. It's a little shaded where I parked so the colors may look off, but I think it's definitely the right choice for my vehicle.

The only thing I have to tinker with is the placement of my dash cam because when I'm installing it, it seem to knock off my dash cam out of place, but that's a small tweak.

Also, like @CosmicTouring mentioned, there's a small gap on the left and right side - which to me isn't a big deal.

You will have to put down your driver and passenger side visor to keep the sunshield in place. It fits well on the bottom of the windshield, but without folding down the driver/passenger visors, the sunshield will fall off.

Overall, I'm pretty happy with it and it's something I can recommend to others.

Honda Civic 10th gen So my custom sunshade finally came in the mail. No more hot car! ima

Honda Civic 10th gen So my custom sunshade finally came in the mail. No more hot car! ima

modernwarpaint

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T (CBM)
Thanks, timothyjay. It looks really polished, not cheap like those flimsy ones that wrinkle. I'm going to order one; I called Covercraft and asked if they gave a military discount and she said I get free shipping. In my mind I said, "everyone gets free shipping." It also looks pretty similar to the blue, at least in the photos. I don't think I'm going wrong either way. Enjoy.

timothyjay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Based on the pictures I've seen of the blue cover, there's going to be a big difference in color between the blue and silver sunshield. The silver is more of a silver/grey hue.

It is definitely sturdy. I used to have those foldable round flimsy cover and this is by far, worth the price I feel.

The sunshield cover, which I paid an extra $6 for, fits nicely with the sunshield.

I'll take a better picture tomorrow when I go to work where it'll be sunny and can see it better with sunlight.

Thanks, timothyjay. It looks really polished, not cheap like those flimsy ones that wrinkle. I'm going to order one; I called Covercraft and asked if they gave a military discount and she said I get free shipping. In my mind I said, "everyone gets free shipping." It also looks pretty similar to the blue, at least in the photos. I don't think I'm going wrong either way. Enjoy.

Last edited:

timothyjay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Here's some more photos from this morning with the vehicle and sun shade out in the sun to give you a better look of the color. In some angle/light, the cover almost has a shade of green - maybe because of the factory tint in the windshield?

Also, I'd like to redact my comment on the sun shade slip-on cover. It actually feels a bit more well made, material wise than I initially thought yesterday. I didn't really get to check it out, but for $6, I think it's worth it.

@modernwarpaint

Honda Civic 10th gen So my custom sunshade finally came in the mail. No more hot car! IMG_1319

Honda Civic 10th gen So my custom sunshade finally came in the mail. No more hot car! IMG_1320

Honda Civic 10th gen So my custom sunshade finally came in the mail. No more hot car! IMG_1321

modernwarpaint

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T (CBM)
Thanks for the additional photos! @timothyjay if I don't purchase the slip-on cover for the sun shade, would it just be loosely sitting there? It doesn't appear that anything is attached to the shade itself that would keep it pushed together during transit.

timothyjay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
I wouldn't say completely loose - it folds nicely, but it doesn't have a strap to keep it together. I personally like the slip on cover because if I do have passengers in the backseat, I'd have to throw the sunshade in the trunk and I'm worried my other items there would scratch or dirty up the sunshade. It's not necessary, but it helps keep it clean and together. The slip on cover has a Velcro on the end to keep it from sliding out of the cover.

Thanks for the additional photos! @timothyjay if I don't purchase the slip-on cover for the sun shade, would it just be loosely sitting there? It doesn't appear that anything is attached to the shade itself that would keep it pushed together during transit.

Last edited:

TChewy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring Cosmic Blue, 2014 Mazda CX-5
Finally got a chance to try out my silver sunshade - it was delayed and delivered yesterday and I was away all weekend. Sorry for the delay @modernwarpaint.

Anyway, attached are photos on my silver vehicle. Looks pretty good. It's a little shaded where I parked so the colors may look off, but I think it's definitely the right choice for my vehicle.

The only thing I have to tinker with is the placement of my dash cam because when I'm installing it, it seem to knock off my dash cam out of place, but that's a small tweak.

Also, like @CosmicTouring mentioned, there's a small gap on the left and right side - which to me isn't a big deal.

You will have to put down your driver and passenger side visor to keep the sunshield in place. It fits well on the bottom of the windshield, but without folding down the driver/passenger visors, the sunshield will fall off.

Overall, I'm pretty happy with it and it's something I can recommend to others.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg
Couldn't help but notice the TRD in that picture. My wife would be jealous since that's her dream car even though she's now eyeing the Pilot.

timothyjay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
That's our trusty 06 Tacoma. It's 10 years old but it sure doesn't look it :)

Couldn't help but notice the TRD in that picture. My wife would be jealous since that's her dream car even though she's now eyeing the Pilot.

modernwarpaint

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T (CBM)
Covercraft customer service is on it! I had called to place my order, and at the time I was about to place my order, I kept swaying, "blue, silver? blue or silver?" The representative told me there was a 2-week production wait for all the colors, so in the meantime, she is sending me 2 samples in blue and silver, free of charge, so I can compare in person which color I want to choose. Should be here in 1-2 days. Then I'll place my official order. haha (I sound so needy, but shit if I'm going to spend $65 on a friggin' sun shade, I can justify it).

CosmicTouring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring, 2014 Honda Civic EX-L Navi
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Covercraft customer service is on it! I had called to place my order, and at the time I was about to place my order, I kept swaying, "blue, silver? blue or silver?" The representative told me there was a 2-week production wait for all the colors, so in the meantime, she is sending me 2 samples in blue and silver, free of charge, so I can compare in person which color I want to choose. Should be here in 1-2 days. Then I'll place my official order. haha (I sound so needy, but shit if I'm going to spend $65 on a friggin' sun shade, I can justify it).
$65? Paid $56 shipped.

SnappingCobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Finally got my Intro-Tech Ultimate Reflective custom sunshade in the other day. It feels very well made, and also came with a protective cover to keep it stored in when not in use. It is also reversible to help keep heat in the car during winter months supposedly. It fits very well, although there is about maybe a 1/2" gap on each side, similar to the covercraft one that most of you have. Overall I'm pleased with it. :)