Convert non paddle version to paddle shift?

cm5157

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring Sedan, 2011 Ford Fiesta SES
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I haven't taken a look under the panels myself yet, but there should be a rubber grommet through the firewall that already has cables running through it. Likely, the harness running through it will be sealed with electrical tape or something and you just have to cut into it, run your own cables, and then tap it back up. This is just general knowledge from past experience with cars, however, and I haven't taken a look at the exact routing for our civics yet, so YMMV.
Sponsored

zabih107

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
No update yet, I'm still have no idea how to route the cable thur firewall.
I believe I saw a vid that said to make a small incision with a knife through that rubber grommet that's covering the firewall hole, and have like a piece of coat hanger use it like a needle to route/pull ur wire through the rubber grommet incised hole.

lucashend

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I am super interested in proof-of-concept for this. I am definitely willing to do this to my car, but I don't want to waste time if the TCM doesn't work with the car or something like that. From everything I have read, it should be as simple as take the back of the steering wheel off, pop on the paddles and the new back, run the cable down the steering column and through the wall to the engine bay, then replace the newly flashed TCM.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I am super interested in proof-of-concept for this. I am definitely willing to do this to my car, but I don't want to waste time if the TCM doesn't work with the car or something like that. From everything I have read, it should be as simple as take the back of the steering wheel off, pop on the paddles and the new back, run the cable down the steering column and through the wall to the engine bay, then replace the newly flashed TCM.
Like I said in the other thread, deceptively simple (in reality) may be wickedly frustrating. Still though, it would be cool to have a definite answer on whether this could be DIY'ed.

lucashend

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Like I said in the other thread, deceptively simple (in reality) may be wickedly frustrating. Still though, it would be cool to have a definite answer on whether this could be DIY'ed.
I will do it... but who would contribute to a Go Fund Me for the TCM!?

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
In the past (I used to run another car forum) I've pioneered a number of mods. Sometimes you just have to wing it. And sometimes you're the hero and sometimes you waste your $$$. Been there. Done that.

lucashend

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Cheaper way to test this... Find a junkyard with a Civic that has Paddles. Pull the part yourself. I can't find one within 100 mines of me though :/
Sponsored