PIDs for Torque/Torque Pro?

radekr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 2018
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Does any one know how to force Torque to show oil temp? I have FK8 2018 EU version

Honda Civic 10th gen PIDs for Torque/Torque Pro? IMG-8196.JPG
Sponsored

das borgen

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E36 M3, Ducati 748, '17 EGP Si Coupe
Country flag
Does any one know how to force Torque to show oil temp? I have FK8 2018 EU version

IMG-8196.JPG
The 1.5T does not have a native oil temp sensor, so you can't monitor it on Torque.

das borgen

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E36 M3, Ducati 748, '17 EGP Si Coupe
Country flag
I’m using a veepeak WiFi dongle. I’ve read the BT ones do not work, but I never tried a BT one.
Point of information. Even with the car turned off, the Veepeak WI-FI dongle pulls about 80mA of current, which can easily kill your battery in a few days. My car sat for 10 days and the battery was stone dead from leaving the dongle plugged in.

Worst case spec for Honda is 50mA before they'll acknowledge a problem worth tracing, so the Veepeak alone is pretty bad.

I recommend unplugging the Veepeak WI-FI from your car if you're gonna be parking your car for more than a few days.

The bluetooth ELM327 I have draws under 20mA, for reference

Darsay

First Name
Darsay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 5d 2017 Hatchback
Country flag
Tell me Please. What Pid me need use if i want have information in Torque how in Audio Touch Screen Trip Fuel "Current Drive" ?

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
Anyone have an accuracy issue with the boost guage on torque? Mine is off by at least 50%. Just an example but I was at 14psi as displayed by the car and torque only said 7psi.

grumpyguy6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan, 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Anyone have an accuracy issue with the boost guage on torque? Mine is off by at least 50%. Just an example but I was at 14psi as displayed by the car and torque only said 7psi.
Yep, same here

kalvin126

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 WOP Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
Yep, same here
I assume Torque is only relying on OBD data. In my findings, we cannot just rely on OBD data for the boost number as our engines use air re-circulating system. I do not think the intake manifold absolute pressure value accounts for the air that is recirculated unless someone proves otherwise?

Last edited:

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
Anyone have an idea why my cold IAT is stuck on 37.4 even after restarting the car and deleting the PID over and over again?

xRiCeBoYx

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatchback CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Anyone have an idea why my cold IAT is stuck on 37.4 even after restarting the car and deleting the PID over and over again?
I've had mine stuck at 113F. I kinda gave up trying to figure it out.

Imski

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda civic hatchback sport
Country flag
anyone know the PID to read ethanol???

OP
OP
odinist

odinist

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mithgarthr.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Aegean Blue Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
anyone know the PID to read ethanol???
Most likely isn't one, since these things don't have FlexFuel sensors from the factory...

Imski

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda civic hatchback sport
Country flag
Most likely isn't one, since these things don't have FlexFuel sensors from the factory...
I was hoping after I installed my PRL flex fuel kit, it would read the ethanol but no luck :/

Anger

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7,RW2,RD1,RD5,RE5,RU1,FK1,FN2,EP3
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

IMG-8196.JPG
I set the custom IATs based on previous posts but for the "unit" line in the torque-pro app, I do not get to choose between Celcius or Fahrenheit. The cellphone keyboard comes up. Any ideas? Thanks!

Boosted1one

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Crystal Black FI FC1 Si âś“
For the custom PIDs. i entered F° or C° in the appropriate box.

Also in Torques main settings, you can select whichever temp convention you like in there too.

Squonky

First Name
Squonky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Prestige 1.5T, CVT
Country flag
Yep, same here
Did you ever solve this problem (the Boost gauge in Torque being inaccurate)? I saw in post #56 where you implied that the solution lies in a big list of PIDs in a different thread. I can’t see a supported PID in that list that refers to boost pressure. Does the MAP sensor effectively measure boost pressure? That one is in the supported list of standard PIDs:
  • 1 - 1,0B,1,"Intake manifold absolute pressure",0,255,"kPa (absolute)",A
The default Vacuum/Boost gauge in Torque seems to show something on my Civic (EU spec 1.5T with the CVT), but it's totally out of whack with reality. E.g. With the engine not running, it shows a healthy vacuum. Hence I am searching for an alternative PID that correctly shows boost pressure.

@ radekr - in Post #61, I see you have a boost gauge. Can you provide the PID and formula?

@ das borgen - in Post #39, I see you have an EGT gauge. Can you provide the PID and formula?
Sponsored