OP
OP

parshisa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X Hatchback LX
Country flag
Need to turn the wheel a little harder during the test drive. Straightline performance is negligible.
Not a whole a lot of twisty roads here in houston

BoostedSiCoupe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
OP
OP

parshisa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X Hatchback LX
Country flag
Have anyone had acuity shifter upgrade kit installed? I really loved how Si shifter feels, no sloppiness, pretty darn direct. Thinking about upgrading mine now

Also, holy shitballs it was hard to get in reverse. I don’t remember this being the case on my hatch even before i swapped the fluid with amsoil

Hoang_Honda

First Name
Hoang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Accord V6 Touring. 17 Civic Si Coupe.
Country flag
Did you turn off traction control and turn on Sport mode during that test drive? Im pretty sure that will be way better than normal mode.

Noize

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, 2017 GTI SE DSG
Country flag
I daily a Type R and drove an Si for the first time today. I quite liked most of it, and would definitely take it over an open diff lower powered Civic.

I wrote about it a little more in the CTR forum, but think the Si would be very good with a couple minor things addressed.

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
no but there a lot of mexican food and hot ass fucking armpit weather.
I think the Texmex food is mostly found in San Antonio, but maybe elsewhere in TX as well. Armpit weather is summertime!

Last edited:

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If you pushed it to 5k RPMs in a straight line then... yeah, I bet it wouldn't be much different. The 9 vane turbo spools a little later but doesn't choke as bad as the 11 up top.

Better seats, better suspension, better transmission, stronger engine rods internally with a lower compression ratio. Still the same basic engine though and turbo size... so just giving it a little throttle to wind out through the mid-range in a straight line wouldn't be a thorough test. Admittedly, the Si is just ok on the stock tune. Sticking with the L15B7, albeit tweaked more, doesn't set it apart greatly from the other trims. Regular gas has dynoed about 10-15 whp/ft-lbs lower if memory serves (I posted the data from dynos on a thread earlier last year)... so that puts you about only 1/2 the extra power you were expecting. The stock tune is choked up as it is... limiting boost to reach torque targets. I never saw more than around 17#. Even a mild 21# basemap is a decent difference as it'll actually reach 21#, though that's only 0.7# more than the Honda claimed boost value.

But hey, it should make you feel good about the one you got, right? The hatches are still great. I'd of picked an Si hatch if one was available. I wasn't willing to give up some of the Si goodies for a hatch. Functionally, as I have a truck, a van and a sports car that is a hatchback, I didn't need it anyways. If it was my only car, the functionality might have been missed.

OP
OP

parshisa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X Hatchback LX
Country flag
If you pushed it to 5k RPMs in a straight line then... yeah, I bet it wouldn't be much different. The 9 vane turbo spools a little later but doesn't choke as bad as the 11 up top.

Better seats, better suspension, better transmission, stronger engine rods internally with a lower compression ratio. Still the same basic engine though and turbo size... so just giving it a little throttle to wind out through the mid-range in a straight line wouldn't be a thorough test. Admittedly, the Si is just ok on the stock tune. Sticking with the L15B7, albeit tweaked more, doesn't set it apart greatly from the other trims. Regular gas has dynoed about 10-15 whp/ft-lbs lower if memory serves (I posted the data from dynos on a thread earlier last year)... so that puts you about only 1/2 the extra power you were expecting. The stock tune is choked up as it is... limiting boost to reach torque targets. I never saw more than around 17#. Even a mild 21# basemap is a decent difference as it'll actually reach 21#, though that's only 0.7# more than the Honda claimed boost value.

But hey, it should make you feel good about the one you got, right? The hatches are still great. I'd of picked an Si hatch if one was available. I wasn't willing to give up some of the Si goodies for a hatch. Functionally, as I have a truck, a van and a sports car that is a hatchback, I didn't need it anyways. If it was my only car, the functionality might have been missed.
Great summary here. I guess I should’ve name the thread - not as impressed as i was expecting to be. I think I initially had false expectations or really lack of thereof. But like i said i really loved tye shifter feel and seats. Man those seats are comfortable and hug you nicely. I am kind of puzzled right now: would it be wort the upgrade? Or perhaps just upgrade the shifter and get ktuner/hondata for my hatch? I really know my car well, every fill up, oil change, transmission fluid change - all done in a timely manner and with much love. Really hate to change the cars as i’m getting them to know and used to. 29K and my hatch and 2 yeara together lol

OP
OP

parshisa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X Hatchback LX
Country flag
Oh, and so everyone knows - i am by any means not trying to bash on the si. I love civic in a ny form and shape. Just sharing my observation from earlier this morning

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Really hate to change the cars
I wouldn't. Stick with what you have. If you want more power, even just ktuner/hondata and basemaps would put you a little past stock Si levels up top with gobs more torque in the midrange. You already changed out your MTF... there's a few other tweaks to improve transmission feel. The LSD sucks to not have... but my RSXs were great and lacking them. It shows up on a launch somewhat and it shows up a lot cornering hard... but if that's not what you're doing than it also wouldn't be badly missed. It's kind of one of those once you had it and driven it hard, you realize what's been missing kind of things.

aeonixx

First Name
KW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
the si is better in every way. thats about it.
I sold my BMW and Bought the Si (as a commuter car). I was a little disappointed at the quality of everything on the Honda compared to BMW, but finally realized its a Honda and the differences arent really comparable. My Honda is easily upgraded with many performance tricks. I have added a few of these, exhaust, air intake, chipped, and I think this car is Fantastic. It is quick and it handles Great. Pushing 300hp, I dont like front wheel drive is the one down fall. But, for the price, ease of upgrades, cost of ownership I am very happy.

MuffinMcFluffin

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Honda Civic EX, 2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Soi currently own 6MT hatchback, had it for over 29K now. Was at honda dealer this morning picking up some washers and figured i’ll give Si a try, se what are those 30 more hp about. And to be honest, I couldn’t feep much of the difference. Car had about 40mi on it so i pushed it few times up to 5k but acceleration didn’t feel any faster than on mine. Much lighter clutch pedal and waaaaaaay stiffer shifter (feels more prcise). Other than that - reaply no difference. Oh, really good seats, loved the bolstering. So what do you all think? Was it because car is not broken in yet? Or because of the regular gasolone it had in?
Forget what I think about the car.

I think that I'm so glad I waited on a '19 Si just so I could put down a deposit and get one brand new, because of people like you who push a car in a test drive when it's not broken in yet.

Thank goodness nobody else could fuck up my vehicle beforehand.
Sponsored