Changed MTF to Amsoil Synchromesh, I am Happy!

parshisa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X Hatchback LX
Country flag
You are completely either misreading what I have written or just... never mind. I never said 0w20 is exclusively for turbo engines, other grades also can be used for turbos, what I did say is many brands have designed synthetics, including 0w20 to protect downsized turbo charged engine's. Ever heard of the turbo coking test? Look it up. Mobile 1, Amsoil, Pennzoil and other brands perform this test on 0w20 and other grades as well and certify their oils to protect turbochargers. Now if you stop misrepresenting what I wrote I wouldn't need to keep responding to you. But one thing, I am curious as to why you are so against people using 0w20? Has it offended you in some way? Did you slip on it or did it try to drown you? Enquiring minds want to know
In the end, the companies that produce these oils state in their marketing as well as technical documentation that their 0w20 protects engine's, including those with turbochargers. That's all I have to say, Im kinda done talking about this subject
0w20 same as 0w16 have all been designed in order to reduce friction losses within the engine which in return would improve fuel consumption. Automobile manufactures need to comply with certain regulations (CAFE) therefore are forced to spec the cars to use low viscosity oils. And I'm not against 0w20, I use it with pretty good success in my wife's Honda Pilot. What I'm against is spreading false information and flooding the forum with useless posts. Done here as well. Do your homework before posting, will help your credibility in a long term.
Sponsored

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
People, if you want to ask me about my experiences using Amsoil Synchromesh, if it made improvements in shifting etc, please feel free to post and I will tell you about my experiences. If you have a question on what type of oil or viscosity to use, how often to change your oil etc., please don't ask it here. There are a lot people who think they know better than Honda or engineers who produce motor oils, and everyone has an opinion. If you really want to find more information from those who know better than us, refer to your owners manual, or you can contact product support of the various oil companies:

Amsoil: https://www.amsoil.com/techservices.aspx
Mobile 1: http://www.mobil.com/mobiloil/contact-us?lang=EN
Valvoline: https://www.valvoline.com/about-us/contact-us
Pennzoil: https://www.pennzoil.com/en_us/contact-us.html

Or you can follow the advice from a guy from a forum you never met. It's kind of like dating on Tinder, you might even get lucky

Last edited:

Justinus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None.
0w20 same as 0w16 have all been designed in order to reduce friction losses within the engine which in return would improve fuel consumption. Automobile manufactures need to comply with certain regulations (CAFE) therefore are forced to spec the cars to use low viscosity oils. And I'm not against 0w20, I use it with pretty good success in my wife's Honda Pilot. What I'm against is spreading false information and flooding the forum with useless posts. Done here as well. Do your homework before posting, will help your credibility in a long term.
Where's the unthank button?

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

Justinus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None.
I hope the "unthank" button is not for me ;-)
No, because I know how to read and I keep educated on modern engine design, the common problems it faces, and the development of new testing standards for products to help prevent them.

It was more of a snide remark that you can't unthank a post without thanking it first. What if it doesn't deserve thanks?

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
No, because I know how to read and I keep educated on modern engine design, the common problems it faces, and the development of new testing standards for products to help prevent them.

It was more of a snide remark that you can't unthank a post without thanking it first. What if it doesn't deserve thanks?
Got it! I will go ahead and Thank You with no intentions of Unthanking you

parshisa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X Hatchback LX
Country flag

Alright Mr. Modern r engine knowledge, shed some light on the crowd. We are all ears

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Alright Mr. Modern r engine knowledge, shed some light on the crowd. We are all ears
Guys, let's keep it civil. You don't want a moderator shutting down the thread

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
BTW @parshisa, is that a live fuel stat that shows up in your posts? And is that your average, and if so, how the heck do you maintain 36.3 mpg? I can barely average 27 mpg

parshisa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X Hatchback LX
Country flag
Guys, let's keep it civil. You don't want a moderator shutting down the thread
I am as polite and civil as a human being possibly can be. But
BTW @parshisa, is that a live fuel stat that shows up in your posts? And is that your average, and if so, how the heck do you maintain 36.3 mpg? I can barely maintain 27 mpg
yes, it is. Average mpg across 29k driven. Actually calculated. On 5w30

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I am as polite and civil as a human being possibly can be. But

yes, it is. Average mpg across 29k driven. Actually calculated. On 5w30
Mostly hwy driving?

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I’d say 60% hihgway. But no crazy traffic in town
OK, well I am about 30% hwy, Im mostly in traffic in the city. Maybe that's why I'm averaging so low. Thanks

Yal

New to the brand
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
OK, well I am about 30% hwy, Im mostly in traffic in the city. Maybe that's why I'm averaging so low. Thanks
I’m doing East San Jose (alum rock) to Cupertino, which is mostly bumper to bumper 280 and averaging about 32 over the last 5k miles

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I’m doing East San Jose (alum rock) to Cupertino, which is mostly bumper to bumper 280 and averaging about 32 over the last 5k miles
Well, we are neighbors! I live between Penatencia Creek and McKee, a few blocks from Golf Rd and Gridley. Unfortunately the best I have been able to get is 30 this winter. Summer I was averaging 36
Sponsored