Post your tinted windows

EtherealAegis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Burgundy Night Pearl Touring
I ended up doing 30% all around (except windshield). I have the light interior and with that I think that its too light. I'm either going to have him rip it all out and put int 20% or tint the windshield. Tinting the windshield I'm somewhat hesitant to do because I occasionally wear polarized glasses.
Sponsored

Mr.Brown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-L Black
i thinking of putting 70% on my windshield so it doesn't get too warm in the car. anyone ever do that? I imagine the As1 strip doesn't do very much

CosmicTouring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring, 2014 Honda Civic EX-L Navi
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I ended up doing 30% all around (except windshield). I have the light interior and with that I think that its too light. I'm either going to have him rip it all out and put int 20% or tint the windshield. Tinting the windshield I'm somewhat hesitant to do because I occasionally wear polarized glasses.[/

I wear polarized glasses exclusively and I don't have issue with my Llumar Air80 on my windshield. Like nothing is even there.

CosmicTouring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
i thinking of putting 70% on my windshield so it doesn't get too warm in the car. anyone ever do that? I imagine the As1 strip doesn't do very much
As long as it is ceramic tint. 3M Crystalline 70 or Llumar CTX Air80. I have Air 80 on my windshield.

EtherealAegis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Burgundy Night Pearl Touring
Edit: didnt notice the response within the quote till now.

Last edited:

CosmicTouring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Makes a difference. It also makes it faster to cool the inside. The largest window with sun penetration is the windshield. Ceramic "Clear" tint provides heat rejection comparable to darker tint. Cost me $180.

wooster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX
In north carolina, I can get visor strip down to AS-1 line. I took a picture of the windshield. Is it where the line is right above AS1 or the arrow pointing to the right below it?
Honda Civic 10th gen Post your tinted windows AS-1.JPG

calicivicx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 integra, 2012 benz c300, Honda civic 2016 WOP touring
got mine tinted today for $180 with johnson marathon films. The front strip and all back windows are 5% the 2 front window are 35%.... will post better pitctures later

Honda Civic 10th gen Post your tinted windows IMG_4871.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Post your tinted windows IMG_4870.JPG

Dretlaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring WOP, 2023 Tesla Model Y Perf
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
got mine tinted today for $180 with johnson marathon films. The front strip and all back windows are 5% the 2 front window are 35%.... will post better pitctures later

IMG_4871.JPG

IMG_4870.JPG
Thanks for the photos. Very nice Civic Touring! We have the same color. Which shop did you take your's to? I went to Tint Pros and had Solar Gard ceramic tint applied to the rear windows and back screen at 20%. Quoted and paid $220. I'm going to make another appointment soon to have the fronts done and going with 50%. Shop owner said it would be $100 for the front windows. It's getting warmer by the day, so I can't wait to see the difference it'll make.

calicivicx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the photos. Very nice Civic Touring! We have the same color. Which shop did you take your's to? I went to Tint Pros and had Solar Gard ceramic tint applied to the rear windows and back screen at 20%. Quoted and paid $220. I'm going to make another appointment soon to have the fronts done and going with 50%. Shop owner said it would be $100 for the front windows. It's getting warmer by the day, so I can't wait to see the difference it'll make.
i took my to a buddy in coalinga CA< he charged me 190 but took 10dollars off of my price because i know him . and he done a great job. and he backed his work with lifetime warranty

Dretlaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring WOP, 2023 Tesla Model Y Perf
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
i took my to a buddy in coalinga CA< he charged me 190 but took 10dollars off of my price because i know him . and he done a great job. and he backed his work with lifetime warranty
That's quite the deal and an awesome friend. Coalinga eh? I'm 45 minutes from there. Is that ceramic tint?

Mr.Brown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-L Black
In north carolina, I can get visor strip down to AS-1 line. I took a picture of the windshield. Is it where the line is right above AS1 or the arrow pointing to the right below it?
AS-1.JPG
I believe it's the line not the arrow

calicivicx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's quite the deal and an awesome friend. Coalinga eh? I'm 45 minutes from there. Is that ceramic tint?
i dont know honestly lol, i just know its johnson film/marathon brand you can research on that. lol i work close to coalinga so it was easy for me to let him do the work and then just drive home when i get off work

wooster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX
when you guys get your back window tinted, do they remove the 3rd brake light housing or can they tint entire back window without removing 3rd brake light? thanks.
Sponsored