creativedesignz

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Does the USR/PTP Downpipe Blanket fit the PRL cat-less downpipe? Im extremely torn between going ceramic coating, heat wrap, or both. Any insight/personal experience would be great. I live in FL so the temps here are up there year round so cooling is of utmost importance. I have the turbo blanket which will be getting installed with my turbo back exhaust in the coming weeks. Just need to come up with a solution for the DP/FP.

Option 1 - Ceramic Coat
Option 2 - Ceramic Coat & Heat Wrap
Option 3 - DP Blanket, FP Wrap
Option 4 - Ceramic Coat DP & DP Blanket, Ceramic Coat FP & Wrap FP

Thanks in advance for the help!
Sponsored

seselectronics

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.seselectronicssolutions.com
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag
Does the USR/PTP Downpipe Blanket fit the PRL cat-less downpipe? Im extremely torn between going ceramic coating, heat wrap, or both. Any insight/personal experience would be great. I live in FL so the temps here are up there year round so cooling is of utmost importance. I have the turbo blanket which will be getting installed with my turbo back exhaust in the coming weeks. Just need to come up with a solution for the DP/FP.

Option 1 - Ceramic Coat
Option 2 - Ceramic Coat & Heat Wrap
Option 3 - DP Blanket, FP Wrap
Option 4 - Ceramic Coat DP & DP Blanket, Ceramic Coat FP & Wrap FP

Thanks in advance for the help!

Check all my post about heat insulation.. Search on my posts. I live in Florida also.

OP
OP

creativedesignz

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
I had read your posts actually....you dont specify why you went with the DP blanket vs coating. I also notice the GRP DP blanket is 2x the price of the USR/PTP. Any reasoning behind this? Ive searched and couldnt find much info

seselectronics

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag
I had read your posts actually....you dont specify why you went with the DP blanket vs coating. I also notice the GRP DP blanket is 2x the price of the USR/PTP. Any reasoning behind this? Ive searched and couldnt find much info
The reason is the blanket is better insulation material vs ceramic coating, and Yes, GRP is more expensive, the whole downpipe they sell it with the downpipe blanket. The design of that blanket is just for that GRP, but I think PTP has a balnket for p2r downpipe. What you can do is wrap the downpipe with the lava exhaust wrap material insulation. I will be similar to a blanket.

seselectronics

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag
What about doing both?
Anything you could do for insulation is going to be better, there is many components on the engine bay to transmit heat to the air intake hoses. The turbo is one of the big component who generate a lot of heat, the second is the downpipe, and you have all the heat coming from the radiator, and the fan blowing all the heat to the hoses and air pipes. So anything you could do for improve that is better for the car performed with all the power specially in Florida. Now we have could weather but during the summer forget it!

seselectronics

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag
Anything you could do for insulation is going to be better, there is many components on the engine bay to transmit heat to the air intake hoses. The turbo is one of the big component who generate a lot of heat, the second is the downpipe, and you have all the heat coming from the radiator, and the fan blowing all the heat to the hoses and air pipes. So anything you could do for improve that is better for the car performed with all the power specially in Florida. Now we have could weather but during the summer forget it!
So the answer is yes, do both if you can.

OP
OP

creativedesignz

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Thanks Alejandro! Going to get the pipes coated then see about wrapping. I already have a turbo blanket

seselectronics

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag
Thanks Alejandro! Going to get the pipes coated then see about wrapping. I already have a turbo blanket
That's a good start, I remember soon as I install my turbo blanket was a big change in the engine bay temperatures.

Sales@USR

First Name
USR
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.unitedspeedracing.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
We have had others ask if our downpipe blanket, made for us by PTP, will fit the PRL catless downpipe. The blanket was made specifically for our downpipe, will fit P2R downpipe as well, they are the same, we did the prototyping, testing, and development and partnered with P2R for manufacturing. The main issue may be the second o2 sensor. The blanket fits snug on the DP and the o2 oulets are placed specifically.

OP
OP

creativedesignz

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
We have had others ask if our downpipe blanket, made for us by PTP, will fit the PRL catless downpipe. The blanket was made specifically for our downpipe, will fit P2R downpipe as well, they are the same, we did the prototyping, testing, and development and partnered with P2R for manufacturing. The main issue may be the second o2 sensor. The blanket fits snug on the DP and the o2 oulets are placed specifically.
What will the issue be with the second o2 sensor? Will I need to cut or modify the blanket to make it fit properly?

I appreciate the help!

Sales@USR

First Name
USR
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.unitedspeedracing.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What will the issue be with the second o2 sensor? Will I need to cut or modify the blanket to make it fit properly?

I appreciate the help!
Yes, the blanket has a cutout to go around that location. If it is not in the same location then the blanket either will not work or would need to be modified. The upper o2 could be a little different placement as well. Also the bend and other dimensions may be a little different causing odd fitment of the blanket.

OP
OP

creativedesignz

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Hrmm alrighty, Im ceramic coating now I guess I will heat wrap and silicone spray. I need a sure fitment if I'm going to spend the money. I appreciate the help sir!
Sponsored