FriscoBrah

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Championship White Civic Type R
Country flag
Those are the pics I was referencing, and the camo car does not have the Mugen parts.
If you zoom in on the front there’s outlines resembling the plastic pieces on the white Mugen car. Same goes for the rear valence.

slowride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM Type-R
Country flag
Either they were testing Mugen parts or they weren't. They can't be "similar" they would have to be the same. The Mugen bumper pieces are stuck on it looks like, and the ring prototype looks completely different. Look at the right side of the back alone and that will show you.

Honda Civic 10th gen Mugen Civic Type R Concept RC20GT! kRQUA0

idragmazda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk8
Country flag
IDK about the suspension and underhood items, but they REALLY missed the mark on the exterior of the cars. The black one is a monstrosity.

They wasted a huge opportunity to create a market for Mugen-branded FK8 aero and body panel items. Give us the simple products that we FK8 owners have been asking for: body-line appropriate hood that provides better cooling, a simple grille that provides more airflow, some new front and rear bumpers that get away from the fake vents.

Instead they offer these ridiculous looking panels that will likely be WAY overpriced (although some sucker will pay for them because "Mugen, yo").

I don't care about 5 seconds faster at Fuji (although I would place a bet that much of that 5 second savings is from performance parts vs the ridiculous aero). I just don't get how a room full of successful design people said "yes that looks good, let's go with that". It's like they did zero market research before designing their products.

End rant.

phan10ms

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CW Type R, '06 AP2 S2000
Country flag
Maybe if they made it like this, I'd consider it.

- Removed the center divider on the hood vent.
- Painted the new lip black but it could go either way with it being painted body color.
- Removed the black outline on the grill cover but to achieve something like this, it might as well be a new bumper from Mugen.

Honda Civic 10th gen Mugen Civic Type R Concept RC20GT! image (4)

Helmigurt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic 1.5T Sport Plus CVT sonic grey pearl
Country flag
Those tail lights look to be full LED. I wonder if those will be available?
I think we are looking at the face lifted Type R (talking about the white car) underneath the Mugen tuning here. Tail lights are updated, as well as the front bumper (the fake vents are partially covered like in some spy shots.)

I don’t think Mugen would release their own tail light. Doesn’t fit to what they usually do.

Are there some interior shots?

Last edited:

JayDiem

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK8, 2007 Ram 1500, 2000 CRV
Country flag
Mugen needs to hire someone else to make the decisions.

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I reread the OPs initial post...so there may be a chance they don't actually go through with this...lol, hopefully not.

I'd be interested in the suspension though, I like the mugen suspension on my EP3

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
absolutely atrocious. what where they thinking?
Maybe Mugen is trying to convince people that the regular FK8 looks are actually good looking...:rofl:

Also, that front bumper. Are they trying to make it into an Audi?? Cause that’s the first thing I thought of. The shape is almost identical to what you would find on a TT.

heavyD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F87
Country flag
I have seen cheep Chinese fiberglass body kits that look better designed than these abominations. Who thinks that aftermarket splitters and side skirts that fit over top of factory splitters and side is a good idea?

garoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 RYP S2K, 18 CW CTR
Country flag
The reason it looks bad its because its tacked on. Their design is dictated by whatever the new parts are put over. So they bulge out in ways they wouldn't otherwise if it was a direct swap rather than a layer on top.

Also, they could've fixed those rear vents.

And their grille doesn't offer the needed ventilation, grille replacements on this car should always provide more ventilation, as we all know.

Its really ugly all around.

ep3_lol

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Lincoln Navigator L, 2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I guess they're targeting people looking into the S3?
Sponsored