First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen My 2019 Civic SI Build civic

Picked up a 2019 Civic SI a few weeks ago. I have a habit of trading in cars every few years, but in this last go-around, my Jeep had a lot of issues that kinda forced my hand into trading it in.

I haven't done much to it yet. I swapped out the headlight bulbs to LEDs that match the temperature of the DRLs. I also swapped out the side markers to a tinted set with LEDs.

I'm not sure how stock I'll keep it. I'd like to try and stiffen up the body and reduce some of the understeer, but I like the power/weight ratio that it has so I don't really want to mess with that.

Here are build threads from some of my previous cars:
2003 Corvette Z06
2006 Wrangler Unlimited
Sponsored

Vmac

First Name
Vance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
I feel like we are brothers. I have a 2017 Rubicon, and a recent job change meant I wasn't going to commute in that 12mpg beast, so I bought a black SI coupe a couple weeks ago. I feel like I'm on the extreme ends of the spectrum, but I love both! As much as I love off-roading with the Jeep, I have been more impressed with this "cheap commuter car" that blows me away more every day with its value and fun factors.

Gagerr

Energy green ;)
First Name
Gage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I need to trade my yucky 17 energy green si coupe for the 19 black si sedan

OP
OP
dangerz

dangerz

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI
Country flag
I feel like we are brothers. I have a 2017 Rubicon, and a recent job change meant I wasn't going to commute in that 12mpg beast, so I bought a black SI coupe a couple weeks ago. I feel like I'm on the extreme ends of the spectrum, but I love both! As much as I love off-roading with the Jeep, I have been more impressed with this "cheap commuter car" that blows me away more every day with its value and fun factors.
Yeah, same. I actually traded in a 2019 JL. My welds were terrible, but since I wasn't technically part of the recall, Jeep wouldn't do anything. That plus all the other little issues really frustrated me. I'll never get a new Jeep again. That was my 3rd Jeep - had an 06 LJ, 14 JKU, and that 19 JLU. I've actually been actively talking some friends out of the JLs. Jeep just messed this thing up and is nickle and dimeing people with the new Wrangler

This Civic is a lot of fun. Works really well for the commutes and is still really fun to drive.

chandlervt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Subaru WRX
Country flag
civic.jpg

Picked up a 2019 Civic SI a few weeks ago. I have a habit of trading in cars every few years, but in this last go-around, my Jeep had a lot of issues that kinda forced my hand into trading it in.

I haven't done much to it yet. I swapped out the headlight bulbs to LEDs that match the temperature of the DRLs. I also swapped out the side markers to a tinted set with LEDs.

I'm not sure how stock I'll keep it. I'd like to try and stiffen up the body and reduce some of the understeer, but I like the power/weight ratio that it has so I don't really want to mess with that.

Here are build threads from some of my previous cars:
2003 Corvette Z06
2006 Wrangler Unlimited
Any leads on where you bought it and how much for? I am literally heading out the door to buy Mazda3 HB unless by some miracle Honda dealers have a change of heart - spirit of the season and all.

Vmac

First Name
Vance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
Yeah, same. I actually traded in a 2019 JL. My welds were terrible, but since I wasn't technically part of the recall, Jeep wouldn't do anything. That plus all the other little issues really frustrated me. I'll never get a new Jeep again. That was my 3rd Jeep - had an 06 LJ, 14 JKU, and that 19 JLU. I've actually been actively talking some friends out of the JLs. Jeep just messed this thing up and is nickle and dimeing people with the new Wrangler

This Civic is a lot of fun. Works really well for the commutes and is still really fun to drive.
Have to agree. A few good videos on youtube picking apart the JL. I bought my JK a couple months before JL was available, and I debated waiting. Really glad I didn't like the cosmetic changes, because that ended up being what kept me JK. Now I'm very glad I didn't wait.

OP
OP
dangerz

dangerz

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI
Country flag
Any leads on where you bought it and how much for? I am literally heading out the door to buy Mazda3 HB unless by some miracle Honda dealers have a change of heart - spirit of the season and all.
Vandergriff Honda. I had an ok experience. 3/5.

OP
OP
dangerz

dangerz

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI
Country flag
Have to agree. A few good videos on youtube picking apart the JL. I bought my JK a couple months before JL was available, and I debated waiting. Really glad I didn't like the cosmetic changes, because that ended up being what kept me JK. Now I'm very glad I didn't wait.
Here's one of my welds:

Honda Civic 10th gen My 2019 Civic SI Build IMG_20181212_174523

You made the right choice in sticking with the JK.

OP
OP
dangerz

dangerz

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI
Country flag
I'm debating doing an HPDE in a few months. Any good resources about tracking an SI? Everything I find is for a TypeR.

grumpyguy6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan, 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Same here. When I got my '13 JKU I was driving 5-6K per year, so I didn't care about MPG. Then I changed jobs and now drive 20k+ per year. So the JKU wasn't cutting it anymore. I guess I could still get my offroad fix in the wife's 2018 WK TrailHawk, but I still miss my JKU. I was thinking about caving in and getting a JL, but when I read about the weld issues I decided to just keep the Si.

I swear, whenever I see anyone else's CBP Si sedan I think it looks great, then I look at mine and don't like it as much....so weird....

OP
OP
dangerz

dangerz

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI
Country flag
Same here. When I got my '13 JKU I was driving 5-6K per year, so I didn't care about MPG. Then I changed jobs and now drive 20k+ per year. So the JKU wasn't cutting it anymore. I guess I could still get my offroad fix in the wife's 2018 WK TrailHawk, but I still miss my JKU. I was thinking about caving in and getting a JL, but when I read about the weld issues I decided to just keep the Si.

I swear, whenever I see anyone else's CBP Si sedan I think it looks great, then I look at mine and don't like it as much....so weird....
Honestly, if you're gonna go for a JL, wait a few years. The welds were just some of the issues. Mine also had steering problems - it would randomly decide to change lanes. They also never fixed the rain channel issue, so if it was raining and you opened the door, you were greeted by a waterfall right into the driver and passenger side. Fun times.

I love my jeeps. I'll have another one some day, but I'll likely get back into an LJ. That thing was perfect for what I wanted it for.

What don't you like about your CBP? Black is always a hard color to keep clean, where-as the pictures you see posted are almost always clean. Maybe that's why?
Sponsored