Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI Sedan, 1996 Acura Integra GSR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey guys,

I can get my hands on a slightly used CTR OEM exhaust, but wasn't sure if it will fit. I know we can make anything fit with enough custom work but how much work will it really take? I hate the HDMI look and now that I have a friend who's letting go of his CTR exhaust (in favor of the HKS) I would love the tri tip look on my SI Sedan. Just not sure about the fitment and how much work it may take. Also a little concerned how it may sound

Any input will help, thanks!!!
Sponsored

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Acura TLX Type-S / 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
@k20z3allmotor will have the answers to your question since he has installed this on his sedan ;)

donald.durand

Think Different
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey guys,

I can get my hands on a slightly used CTR OEM exhaust, but wasn't sure if it will fit. I know we can make anything fit with enough custom work but how much work will it really take? I hate the HDMI look and now that I have a friend who's letting go of his CTR exhaust (in favor of the HKS) I would love the tri tip look on my SI Sedan. Just not sure about the fitment and how much work it may take. Also a little concerned how it may sound

Any input will help, thanks!!!

I would love to know that answer too

FK8_K20c1

HONDA The Power of Earth Dreams Technology!
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Is it possible?, I would like to know if I can sell my oem exhaust to a Si owner.

OP
OP

AngryECW

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Is it possible?, I would like to know if I can sell my oem exhaust to a Si owner.
Yes will take some work. I put the OEM FK8 exhaust on my Si. The Si is obviously longer than the hatchback, so I extended it after removing the (2) resonators. The mounting bracket locations are also different, but really nothing a decent exhaust shop can't handle. So it can be done, obviously not a direct bolt-on.

NHCivicGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 R
Country flag
Yes will take some work. I put the OEM FK8 exhaust on my Si. The Si is obviously longer than the hatchback, so I extended it after removing the (2) resonators. The mounting bracket locations are also different, but really nothing a decent exhaust shop can't handle. So it can be done, obviously not a direct bolt-on.
Now the million dollar question.. was it worth it?

OP
OP

AngryECW

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Now the million dollar question.. was it worth it?
Yes, even after i took out both of the resonators it's not really loud at all. On freeway I can barely hear it and there's absolutely no drone whatsoever. My wife didn't notice any difference. But there's an obvious tone difference, a lower growl especially when idling. Perfect for me, I wanted to get rid of the HDMI look with a meatier sound. If you really want to make it loud, you def need to remove the mufflers, but that would take more work because the hangers are attached to the mufflers.

FK8_K20c1

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Thanks.

Sgamon12

First Name
Salvador
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
Pics?

FK8_K20c1

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
If anyone interested mine is for sale.
Sponsored