First timer questions

Abhorsen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' FK7
Country flag
Hey guys,

I just bought my brand new FK7 a month and a half back and wanted to do some small changes, but I wasn't sure where to go.

I know I for sure want to lower the suspension and was thinking of getting lowering springs and rear camber arms, because I have heard that coilover drives pretty damn stiff. I also read that aftermarket shocks should be swapped out with OEM ones as the OEM ones can wear out as they weren't made for a lowered suspension? The only issue is I can't find any aftermarket ones, and the strut packages I've seen are like 1600$.

Would anyone here know where I can purchase some aftermarket performance shocks that would do the job but not be in an expensive package that'll burn a hole in my wallet?

Regards,

Chris
Sponsored

curt d

First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic sport hatch, 06 Cobalt LS, 08 C6 Vette
Country flag
I can’t say for sure about larger drops, but you won’t have any issues with stock shocks and an Eibach Pro-Kit. I recommend rear camber arms for any drop.

OP
OP

Abhorsen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' FK7
Country flag
I can’t say for sure about larger drops, but you won’t have any issues with stock shocks and an Eibach Pro-Kit. I recommend rear camber arms for any drop.
I was thinking about the 1.2 x 1.3 drop or the 1.4 x 1.2 drop Sport springs, with those will I need new shocks?

Neps18Si

First Name
P-Low
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si sedan (sold), 2019 Civic Sport Hatch CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I was thinking about the 1.2 x 1.3 drop or the 1.4 x 1.2 drop Sport springs, with those will I need new shocks?
Depends on the shocks...relatively yes springs will shorten the life of stock shocks, but in time where you have saved money for coilovers. I think the Si shocks since they have a dampening adjustment when in sport may last longer since they are sportier, but someone here would have to post how long they been lowered and if there are any signs of leaks. If you go with coilovers then if you don't want a stiff ride then don't go cheap. Get ones that have dampening adjustment. I had BC racing coilovers and they were great and you can read a lot of good reviews on them. I did autox them and if only I had better tires i would have unleashed their full potential since they did the job just tires i had really did not match with my set up.

I would start with springs first then go with coilovers once i have totally demolished the OEM shocks. And you can't go wrong with Eibachs.

OP
OP

Abhorsen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' FK7
Country flag
Depends on the shocks...relatively yes springs will shorten the life of stock shocks, but in time where you have saved money for coilovers. I think the Si shocks since they have a dampening adjustment when in sport may last longer since they are sportier, but someone here would have to post how long they been lowered and if there are any signs of leaks. If you go with coilovers then if you don't want a stiff ride then don't go cheap. Get ones that have dampening adjustment. I had BC racing coilovers and they were great and you can read a lot of good reviews on them. I did autox them and if only I had better tires i would have unleashed their full potential since they did the job just tires i had really did not match with my set up.

I would start with springs first then go with coilovers once i have totally demolished the OEM shocks. And you can't go wrong with Eibachs.
Say I grab these then:

https://www.kseriesparts.com/BCS-BC02-SSHFK2.html

All I would need are rear camber arms and I'd be set, correct?

OP
OP

Abhorsen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' FK7
Country flag
Cause I'm not too sure if I will need 15 or 20mm spacers or not ha.

Neps18Si

First Name
P-Low
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
what are your plans with the car you going to autox or track it?

OP
OP

Abhorsen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' FK7
Country flag
what are your plans with the car you going to autox or track it?
MAYBE track once in a very blue moon but it will 95% be used as a daily driver, and work isnt even that far from me. I drive maybe 10mins to get to work, and in the past month and a half I've put less than 200 miles on it. But I still would like to get coilovers as opposed to springs as I would need new shocks anyways bringing the cost quite high for springs.

I just don't want to fuck up the tires hence the camber kit, and I'm not sure if the tires will rub with only a 1.2-1.4 inch drop so I'm not too sure on the spacers.

Neps18Si

First Name
P-Low
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Would anyone here know where I can purchase some aftermarket performance shocks that would do the job but not be in an expensive package that'll burn a hole in my wallet?

Regards,

Chris
I will say if you go coil overs and don't want to burn a hole in your wallet then i would look into BC Racing. I have had all my VW buddies tell me go with them. They are good coil overs IMO.

Neps18Si

First Name
P-Low
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
MAYBE track once in a very blue moon but it will 95% be used as a daily driver, and work isnt even that far from me. I drive maybe 10mins to get to work, and in the past month and a half I've put less than 200 miles on it. But I still would like to get coilovers as opposed to springs as I would need new shocks anyways bringing the cost quite high for springs.

I just don't want to fuck up the tires hence the camber kit, and I'm not sure if the tires will rub with only a 1.2-1.4 inch drop so I'm not too sure on the spacers.
I don't think rear camber kit will be necessary especially if you plan to track once in a blue moon. Rear camber wont really get outta wack when you do a slight on the drop the car that would be for extreme drop or extreme tracking. Your not going to track it very much. Camber up front is what gets mostly tuned. BC coil overs have set ups that adjust front camber and front and rear dampening. This is cool because then you can adjust the dampening on the night before you track.

If your looking to track lightly then I say springs, but your worried about the shocks going out then coil overs.

curt d

First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic sport hatch, 06 Cobalt LS, 08 C6 Vette
Country flag
Rear camber will be at the high end of the tolerance, if not a little out, with just the Eibach Pro-Kit.
Heeltoeauto has SPC arms for 150 or something.

OP
OP

Abhorsen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' FK7
Country flag
I don't think rear camber kit will be necessary especially if you plan to track once in a blue moon. Rear camber wont really get outta wack when you do a slight on the drop the car that would be for extreme drop or extreme tracking. Your not going to track it very much. Camber up front is what gets mostly tuned. BC coil overs have set ups that adjust front camber and front and rear dampening. This is cool because then you can adjust the dampening on the night before you track.

If your looking to track lightly then I say springs, but your worried about the shocks going out then coil overs.
I've heard people saying with the eibach pro kit that the camber is barely in tolerance levels and I was thinking of doing a drop closer to 1.2-1.4 as opposed to the 0.8-1.0 pro springs drop. So I think I'll play it safe and get a camber kit, and maybe some 15mm spacers as well.

BL55D

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic RS
Country flag
But I still would like to get coilovers as opposed to springs as I would need new shocks anyways bringing the cost quite high for springs.
im on the same boat as you atm. been thinking of going coils over springs cos of the cost

minitech

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI 4 door
Country flag

Agreed i have heard very positive reviews on BC Coil Overs i like Tein but i think BC may be a better value considering the added camber plates for the front.
Sponsored