Is 27won turbo even worth it?

averagetrackdriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 S2000
Country flag
Let's say that an Si owner goes with the W1 with either the Hondata or Ktuner tune. Then it'll be necessary to upgrade the brakes, suspension, cooling (oil cooler, intercooler, radiator), air intake, clutch and flywheel. Perhaps, even strengthen the chassis. At what point do you say enough and just simply upgrade to a better car?
Sponsored

OP
OP
thatlilwhiteone

thatlilwhiteone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 civicsi SOLD
Country flag
TSP stage 2 is 270 whp not 297 and 327 tq not 373. and that is only a spike its under 300tq above 4500 rpms. That midrange punch is great and thats what ethanol gets you.

That 282/302 is for an OTS map not tuned. There is a ton left on the table over the OTS map. Yes its a modified OTS map for the W1 but its far from what you can pull out of it. Also that is on hondata on a different dyno different car different day with different temps etc etc etc. A proper tune and bolt ons should net you 290-300 whp and 300-320 tq depending on mods and fuel quality with a much better power curve IMO. peak numbers only tell half the story though.

See on the stock turbo you run out of steam above 5000 and when you shift you are already near or past that curve... with the W1 when you have power that is there at 6500-7000 and shift you are back in the curve gaining power not losing power. comparing the two curves even if its apples to oranges... its clear which is better for actual acceleration not just peak dyno numbers. Plus idk about eveyone else but I dont wanna be doing math each fill up to figure out how much e85 is needed to make e40.
Bro those numbers are from 27wons dyno charts. that 282 is from their optimize map. all you got to do is go to my first post and look at the link.

MavicTB

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Si Sedan Aegean Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Bro those numbers are from 27wons dyno charts. that 282 is from their optimize map. all you got to do is go to my first post and look at the link.
I am not going to argue with you anymore "bro"... seems your mind is made up... /end thread.

burningoilagain

First Name
Alberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Let's say that an Si owner goes with the W1 with either the Hondata or Ktuner tune. Then it'll be necessary to upgrade the brakes, suspension, cooling (oil cooler, intercooler, radiator), air intake, clutch and flywheel. Perhaps, even strengthen the chassis. At what point do you say enough and just simply upgrade to a better car?

NO, im not. m3 seems nice and all. But while my friend is paying 980.00 a month plus insurance. Im alright at 450.00 a month including insurance. And you cant just slap that turbo in without doing those correct modifications first that would be dumb.

Last edited:
OP
OP
thatlilwhiteone

thatlilwhiteone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 civicsi SOLD
Country flag
I am not going to argue with you anymore "bro"... seems your mind is made up... /end thread.
I'm sorry kind dear Sir there's nothing to argue about 27won has Dyno charts with the numbers I posted if you want to keep lying to yourself go ahead. i know it's hard to admit when you're wrong very hard to do, only grown ups do that shit bro.
it's not the end of thread you can just leave my guy you don't have to stay in here with your opinions because we're bringing facts.

OP
OP
thatlilwhiteone

thatlilwhiteone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 civicsi SOLD
Country flag
You can't argue with facts kind dear sir straight from 27won website bro.

Honda Civic 10th gen Is 27won turbo even worth it? XvjrM2Y

Honda Civic 10th gen Is 27won turbo even worth it? EdjnjXL

Talking about some /end thread no it's /end opinions bro. lol.

FYI the correct way is /thread.

$1500 for 41 hp on 91 Oct Or 53hp and 1ft/lbs on e85. That's why I'm asking this question bro I mean kind dear sir.

OP
OP
thatlilwhiteone

thatlilwhiteone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 civicsi SOLD
Country flag
The whole point of this thread was to see if someone went from a stock turbo e85 to a 27won turbo with e85. Like I said I'm not no Dyno chart master. Because if you look at it on paper all you're getting for $1,500 is 53 horsepower and 2 torque. On paper it's not worth it but we don't drive on paper we drive on streets so that's why I wanted someone's opinion that drove them on a street.

AsianGuy98

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Like i said earlier, it's worth the money for me. I've put 7k miles on mine since install in July. Nothing but smiles for miles over here.

OP
OP
thatlilwhiteone

thatlilwhiteone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 civicsi SOLD
Country flag
Like i said earlier, it's worth the money for me. I've put 7k miles on mine since install in July. Nothing but smiles for miles over here.
Do you run e85? Did you run e85 stock?

burningoilagain

First Name
Alberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag