First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Pearl Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
With the stock turbo you can easily light off the turbo down low to get the rush of torque, but then the turbo just falls on its face by 5200rpm...the fun ends there.
This may be true with the stock intake. Derek Robinson tunes FBO Si's with flex fuel and the power is pretty flat above 270 whp all the way from 4600 rpm to 6400. I have his TSP Stage 2 tune in my car and the power peaks all the way to redline per butt dyno. I have the stock turbo.
Sponsored

Last edited:
Reactions: Myx
OP
OP
thatlilwhiteone

thatlilwhiteone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 civicsi SOLD
Country flag
With the W1 you can still get your rush from the torque, granted its a few hundred rpm later, but the longevity of the engine will thank you.
Can you explain this part?

Barett@27WON

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Barett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Sedan, 2009 Mazdaspeed 3
Country flag
Can you explain this part?
Torque is the measure of rotational force the engine can produce, thus torque is what can kill rods. The lower the RPM that peak torque "hits", the harder it is on the connecting rods. With a larger turbocharger, peak torque "hits" later in the RPM range and thus has a lower chance of damaging the connecting rods.

OP
OP
thatlilwhiteone

thatlilwhiteone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 civicsi SOLD
Country flag
Torque is the measure of rotational force the engine can produce, thus torque is what can kill rods. The lower the RPM that peak torque "hits", the harder it is on the connecting rods. With a larger turbocharger, peak torque "hits" later in the RPM range and thus has a lower chance of damaging the connecting rods.
Have you guys found the failure point of the stock rods yet?

AsianGuy98

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
This may be true with the stock intake. Derek Robinson tunes FBO Si's with flex fuel and the power is pretty flat above 270 whp all the way from 4600 rpm to 6400. I have his TSP Stage 2 tune in my car and the power peaks all the way to redline per butt dyno. I have the stock turbo.
False.

Honda Civic 10th gen Is 27won turbo even worth it? Screenshot_20181126-144936_Chrome

10GenPearlSi

Old Man
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Pearl Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Last edited:

10GenPearlSi

Old Man
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Pearl Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

MavicTB

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Si Sedan Aegean Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The way I see it you can get TSP stage 2 numbers on pump gas with more steam past 6000 rpm with the W1. Add flex fuel into the mix on the W1 and its game over... stock is stock it just doesn't compete. Like I said I would run it on 93 octane personally and raise redline to 7000 and pull on stage 2 cars like they are stock. Its definitely on my long term mod list. First I need a clutch/flywheel as I just started getting clutch slipping.

OP
OP
thatlilwhiteone

thatlilwhiteone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 civicsi SOLD
Country flag
The way I see it you can get TSP stage 2 numbers on pump gas with more steam past 6000 rpm with the W1. Add flex fuel into the mix on the W1 and its game over... stock is stock it just doesn't compete. Like I said I would run it on 93 octane personally and raise redline to 7000 and pull on stage 2 cars like they are stock. Its definitely on my long term mod list. First I need a clutch/flywheel as I just started getting clutch slipping.
According to the 27won dyno charts a w1 on 91oct (they dont have 93) is 282hp 302ft/lbs. A stage 2 e85 stock turbo is 297hp and 373ft/lbs. I doubt you would be pulling on that like it was stock. I think you would get beat easily.

MavicTB

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Si Sedan Aegean Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
According to the 27won dyno charts a w1 on 91oct (they dont have 93) is 282hp 302ft/lbs. A stage 2 e85 stock turbo is 297hp and 373ft/lbs. I doubt you would be pulling on that like it was stock. I think you would get beat easily.
TSP stage 2 is 270 whp not 297 and 327 tq not 373. and that is only a spike its under 300tq above 4500 rpms. That midrange punch is great and thats what ethanol gets you.

That 282/302 is for an OTS map not tuned. There is a ton left on the table over the OTS map. Yes its a modified OTS map for the W1 but its far from what you can pull out of it. Also that is on hondata on a different dyno different car different day with different temps etc etc etc. A proper tune and bolt ons should net you 290-300 whp and 300-320 tq depending on mods and fuel quality with a much better power curve IMO. peak numbers only tell half the story though.

See on the stock turbo you run out of steam above 5000 and when you shift you are already near or past that curve... with the W1 when you have power that is there at 6500-7000 and shift you are back in the curve gaining power not losing power. comparing the two curves even if its apples to oranges... its clear which is better for actual acceleration not just peak dyno numbers. Plus idk about eveyone else but I dont wanna be doing math each fill up to figure out how much e85 is needed to make e40.