Subwoofer connectivity in the trunk?

matse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Sorry for the long delay. I did get it installed, and ran the wire under the carpet all the way to the back, then under the rear seats, to the subwoofer in the trunk. It sounds pretty good and I would say the install was relatively easy, just took some time to figure out the best way to run the cables.
Sponsored

spazz2sick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I just installed a whole new stereo in my ext but I left the head unit stock. All you have to buy is a line out converter LOC converter, a speaker wire amp kit, an amp, a subwoofer, a box, and extra speaker wire. You need to wire up the LOC convertor to the back of the decks speaker wire outputs. This converts the speaker output from deck to a more compatible RCA input for amp to run off of. Once you install LOC convertor, connect both RCA cables to the amp (4 channel works best) and from the amp, just run better quality wire for after market speakers. For the sub, I just bought a nice alpine 10 and I bridged it to my amp and the whole system sounds amazing now.

Pioneer TS-W254R 10-Inch Component Subwoofer with 1100 Watts Max Power

Atrend BBox 10 inch sealed sub box

Planet Audio AC1200.4 Channel ANARCHY. Amplifier

PAC LP7-4 L.O.C. PRO Series 4-Channel Line out convertor

Boss Audio KIT2 8 Gauge Amplifier Installation Kit with High Performance RCA Interconnect and Speaker Wire

Infinity Reference 6032si 6.5-Inch, Shallow Mount High Performance 150-Watt Two-Way Loudspeaker (Pair)
I am in the process of doing this now. I noticed 4 wires that go into each rear speaker. Which color wires are the output?

thanks!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T, 2012 Honda Odyssey
Country flag
I am in the process of doing this now. I noticed 4 wires that go into each rear speaker. Which color wires are the output?

thanks!
trial and error for me. if they cancel each other out, meaning one rca into amp gets bass then switch +/- on LOC and you should get full sound once both rca are plugged into amp.

x6369x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX Sedan
Country flag

thanks!
I ended up cutting both sets and using a butt connector to add in the +/- to the LOC.
Honda Civic 10th gen Subwoofer connectivity in the trunk? yzmrn1c-

CivicX_Si_VTurbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si, 2015 Lexus RC350
Country flag
This is what I have so far on my 2017 Honda Civic Si amp and subwoofer install. I am installing a LC2i, JL audio JX 250/1 amp, and JL audio 8w1v3. I began by removing the battery to access the rubber grommet behind the battery to penetrate my 12v power wire through the firewall (pic included). It was quite tough but patience will be rewarded.
Honda Civic 10th gen Subwoofer connectivity in the trunk? image1-jpe

I then removed the kick panel by the passenger door to access the factory amp wires in which to tap my LC2i i(pic included). Now for this, I used the wire diagram above which does have a typo but hopefully we can get that cleared up. However for now I have wired mine as follows Front Right Speaker + A13 (Gray), Front Right Speaker - A12 (Purple), Front Left Speaker + A6 (light blue), Front Left speaker - A5 (light green). I used the front speakers due to some searching I've done claiming these are the best to use to restore full range sound. Also same reason I am using a LC2i rather then an LOC.
Honda Civic 10th gen Subwoofer connectivity in the trunk? image2-jpe

I am tapping my remote wire off of the 12v + cigarette lighter socket wire (white) since I feel I will never use it so it shouldnt disturb anything else (pic included). Im assuming you could run off the factory amp power wire, but I was hesitant to in case something shorted on my install side and as a result might effect the factory amp. To access behind the socket I actually just stuck my hand behind the panel where I have a red arrow on the bottom right and push out the panel with the socket and usb connector. It should pop out easier from behind.
Honda Civic 10th gen Subwoofer connectivity in the trunk? image3-jpe

This is where I am so far. I will be installing the JL audio bass knob on the slots next to the traction control and mounting amp and sub in truck. I will add info and pics as I go. Hopefully this is of help to you guys. If you have any feedback of something I am doing wrong, Please dont hesitate to let me know.

minner1078

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 civic
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Im about to install a subwoofer in my Civic the same way I did in my previous vehicle. As "ghetto" as the installation appears, it actually sounds very decent and takes 5 seconds to uninstall if you need to remove the sub for space.
Parts:
12v 10a cigarette lighter extension.
120w minimum 12v to 110v power converter
High efficiency subwoofer rated for less than 100w. I personally use the 8" monoprice
https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=8248

My plan is to use the 12v extension and run that to the trunk and connect to my power inverter.
In the trunk im going to run the rear deck speakers into the high level input of the subwoofer and from the subwoofer back to the speakers. Plug subwoofer into power inverter. Done.

I have this same setup in my rav4 and it sounds very good. The sub never draws more than 100w so the 12v 10a output can handle it. In my rav4 theres actually a rear 12v output so install was extremely easy.

The only thing that would cause this to not work would be if the rear deck speakers are crossed over. Does anyone know if this is the case?
Id hate to run the 12v all the way to the rear only to find out the speakers are crossed over.
Also in my rav4, the 12v outlet turns off with the ignition and am wondering if the 12v in the Civic also powers off with the key?
My Civic is currently being delivered and not in my hands yet.

CivicX_Si_VTurbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si, 2015 Lexus RC350
Country flag
Im about to install a subwoofer in my Civic the same way I did in my previous vehicle. As "ghetto" as the installation appears, it actually sounds very decent and takes 5 seconds to uninstall if you need to remove the sub for space.
Parts:
12v 10a cigarette lighter extension.
120w minimum 12v to 110v power converter
High efficiency subwoofer rated for less than 100w. I personally use the 8" monoprice
https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=8248

My plan is to use the 12v extension and run that to the trunk and connect to my power inverter.
In the trunk im going to run the rear deck speakers into the high level input of the subwoofer and from the subwoofer back to the speakers. Plug subwoofer into power inverter. Done.

I have this same setup in my rav4 and it sounds very good. The sub never draws more than 100w so the 12v 10a output can handle it. In my rav4 theres actually a rear 12v output so install was extremely easy.

The only thing that would cause this to not work would be if the rear deck speakers are crossed over. Does anyone know if this is the case?
Id hate to run the 12v all the way to the rear only to find out the speakers are crossed over.
Also in my rav4, the 12v outlet turns off with the ignition and am wondering if the 12v in the Civic also powers off with the key?
My Civic is currently being delivered and not in my hands yet.
What model is your civic?
And yes the 12v lighter socket should turn off with car as that is what I used to run my remote wire and my amp turns off with the car.
I believe in my Si the rear speakers are crossed over. Depending on what model couldn't you just tap into the factory sub lines for your high level inputs?

minner1078

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 civic
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My Civic is an LX. There is no factory sub and I don't believe there is a low level out. I will just do a test hookup before I start removing interior trim panels to run the 12v extension.
Thanks for the reply.

sjnibbe

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe LX Black, 2017 Civic Sedan EX-L Grey
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It's so easy to shove the wires under the floor panels all the way to the trunk, I did it all myself with no instructions for the first time and it turned out perfect, it took me a while but I figured it all out and I'm glad I didn't waste my money at a shoo, I bought my stuff from amazon and it was well worth it. The only part that sucked was wiring the line out converter to the back of the stock deck because there is no diagram for the speakers online, but I figured it out, you can tell which ones are speakers because they are twisted together all the way up to the wire harness. Let me know if you have any more questions. My email is kaniac348ATgmailDOTcom
Where did you mount the ground? Everyone says the back seat bolt but I'm having a hell of a time getting to it. I have an LX Coupe btw.

Royalz_2o9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Touring Sedan
Country flag
They're different. The part number for the Touring's head unit is different than for all the other trims, even the EX-L with Nav. So it might have different connectors than the others (though I'm almost certain it won't be RCA's).

I'd be willing to bet that all trims below Touring will have the same problem that current Accords without factory subs have - the factory radio is going to have a filter that eliminates bass, so to get good sound when adding a sub, you'll also need to buy a DSP that does bass restoration like an AudioControl LC7i
LOC* not DSP bro, two very different things. if just adding bass i recommend the LC2i

long_meats

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe LX CVT
Country flag
Where did you mount the ground? Everyone says the back seat bolt but I'm having a hell of a time getting to it. I have an LX Coupe btw.
I would like to know the same thing. I wound up securing the ground to a hole in the trunk that's located above the back of the rear seats, but it looks sorta janky with the wire hanging downwards.

josby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring sedan
Country flag
LOC* not DSP bro, two very different things. if just adding bass i recommend the LC2i
Virtually every DSP is also a LOC (but not all LOC's are DSP's). I assume the AccuBass in the LC7i and LC2i is done digitally, not analog, which makes them DSP's.

The point was that you need to get a device that processes the input signal, not just converts it from speaker-level to line-level.

Royalz_2o9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Touring Sedan
Country flag
Virtually every DSP is also a LOC (but not all LOC's are DSP's). I assume the AccuBass in the LC7i and LC2i is done digitally, not analog, which makes them DSP's.

The point was that you need to get a device that processes the input signal, not just converts it from speaker-level to line-level.
"Assume" :popcorn:

sjnibbe

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe LX Black, 2017 Civic Sedan EX-L Grey
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I would like to know the same thing. I wound up securing the ground to a hole in the trunk that's located above the back of the rear seats, but it looks sorta janky with the wire hanging downwards.
I ended up doing the same exact thing. I'm not in love with it but it's working and I can remount it when I've finished the seat covers I'm hand making.
Sponsored