2019 Civic Si Coupe / Sedan Specs and Pricing Released

d1zguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Mustang GT Premium
Country flag
The article says "The Civic Coupe and Si are produced in Ontario, Canada, with its turbocharged engine produced exclusively at the Anna, Ohio engine plant using domestic and globally-sourced parts." It also says "...a powerful 205-horsepower, 1.5-liter, direct injected and turbocharged in-line 4-cylinder engine with VTEC® valvetrain, a slick-shifting 6-speed manual transmission..." Has to be a typo; these engines aren't VTEC if I remember correctly.
Has to be a typo, the engine is not powerful at all.
Sponsored

das borgen

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E36 M3, Ducati 748, '17 EGP Si Coupe
Country flag
Anything over 100bhp/L is generally considered powerful .

~137bhp/L is pretty good, and I think that is the 2nd most power density Honda has ever produced behind the type R at 153.

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
One thing that's a bit if a bummer... summer tires which were the only manufacturer option is now at the dealer. For $200, it wasn't a bad deal. While it could work out if the dealer gives you a good price on a different set of tires that the customer prefers... for many, like $100 N2 fills and $200 locking lug nuts, I see it as a way to 1) gouge the customer if they do stick summer on the car. They can put summers on it and charge the full price of the tires and make it seem fair, when you should only really be paying about the difference between the shipped all seasons (that they'll keep) and the summers they install or 2) pretty much make the car being equipped with summers off the lot a unicorn. I know there are better tires than my OEM summers, but I though the price was fair. My paperwork didn't actually reflect my car had summer tires on it, as I recall and I'd gotten a decent deal on it, along with a bunch of dealer add-ons that didn't make it on the paperwork since I refused to pay for any extras when they did a dealer transfer. I didn't set the world on fire but I did ok.

Justinus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None.
One thing that's a bit if a bummer... summer tires which were the only manufacturer option is now at the dealer. For $200, it wasn't a bad deal. While it could work out if the dealer gives you a good price on a different set of tires that the customer prefers... for many, like $100 N2 fills and $200 locking lug nuts, I see it as a way to 1) gouge the customer if they do stick summer on the car. They can put summers on it and charge the full price of the tires and make it seem fair, when you should only really be paying about the difference between the shipped all seasons (that they'll keep) and the summers they install or 2) pretty much make the car being equipped with summers off the lot a unicorn. I know there are better tires than my OEM summers, but I though the price was fair. My paperwork didn't actually reflect my car had summer tires on it, as I recall and I'd gotten a decent deal on it, along with a bunch of dealer add-ons that didn't make it on the paperwork since I refused to pay for any extras when they did a dealer transfer. I didn't set the world on fire but I did ok.
I think I would understand the decision to remove the summer tire option, but only if they had changed the OEM tire option to a top rated ultra high performance all season like Pilot Sport A/S 3+.

I don't think they did.

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I think I would understand the decision to remove the summer tire option, but only if they had changed the OEM tire option to a top rated ultra high performance all season like Pilot Sport A/S 3+.

I don't think they did.
For $200, the just ok summers were, in my opinion, worth it over the stock ASs. As it was, the good skidpad results in the instrumented tests (.97g?) were based on those tires. For those of us not tracking/drag racing the car, but just wanted something better from the factory than dropping $500+ on another set and taking practically new tires off the car that suck, it wasn't a bad deal. They weren't great, but a whole lot better than the ASs for some spirited driving on the street.

LickwidApex

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rallye Red Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I'll be keeping an eye out for the HU model number. I want physical volume fan buttons.

DrwMDvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 WOP Civic Si Sedan, 2000 Honda Civic
Country flag
I wonder why the cruise control on/off button moved from the middle of those 3 button locations to the slot closest to the airbag.
Look at the right side of the wheel under the Cruise/RES/SET circular button
My guess is that it is easier access by just pivoting your thumb, instead of possibly having to change your hand position to access the button. But depends on where your hand is resting on the wheel.

NHCivicGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 R
Country flag
Can you let me know if you get some information and pricing please?
I don't have the part number right now, but I stumbled upon it. Looks like the 2019 climate control unit is around $75 from what I saw.

TechJunky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I wonder why the cruise control on/off button moved from the middle of those 3 button locations to the slot closest to the airbag.
It's only happened a few times (if that), but I've accidentally hit the cruise on/off button accidentally when going for the set button before. Not enough to think the button needs moved, but perhaps others have done it frequently enough that they thought it needed changed? I'd rather it be in the middle for symmetry, but if it's causing problems and this is a solution, I suppose it doesn't hurt anything.

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
Has to be a typo, the engine is not powerful at all.
That can be said about the 120 HP engine in the Fiesta I just inherited, yet it accelerates almost as well as a V8-powered Crown Victoria and gets twice the fuel economy because it weighs 2,500 lbs. instead of 4,200 lbs. :)

d1zguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Mustang GT Premium
Country flag
That can be said about the 120 HP engine in the Fiesta I just inherited, yet it accelerates almost as well as a V8-powered Crown Victoria and gets twice the fuel economy because it weighs 2,500 lbs. instead of 4,200 lbs. :)
hmmm, you're right. haha

Jessegovols

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda CRV EXL, 2004 Acura TSX Manual Previous: 92 Mazda MX6 GT, 93 Mitsubishi 3000 GT VR4, 99 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Look at the right side of the wheel under the Cruise/RES/SET circular button

2017-2018
New-Honda-Civic-Si-Coming-in-2017-c1_o.jpg

05617140-301e-4d37-afb6-df776eca632c-720x480.jpg
Must be the Canadian version on top with Navigation. Never understood why they are optioned so much better with LED lights, heated steering wheel and Navigation for about the same price as the US model after currency conversion.

Jessegovols

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda CRV EXL, 2004 Acura TSX Manual Previous: 92 Mazda MX6 GT, 93 Mitsubishi 3000 GT VR4, 99 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Those fake vents should really have openings on both sides for cooling or whatever. The right side has a horn opening, but the left side should have an identical hole for the engine cooling. This way they wouldnt look so fake and would actually serve a purpose. But their large size is perfect in my opinion. The car looks fierce coming head on with those large "vents"

Yeah, I don’t mind the front ones. It’s the hideous rear ones that look so tacked on that I just can’t get past. I’m really so disappointed they didn’t change the rear of the sedan to more closely match the beautiful coupe. I guess I’ll wait until next year.

Last edited:

Nerd-Vol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si Sedan, 2004 S2000
Country flag
Must be the Canadian version on top with Navigation. Never understood why they are optioned so much better with LED lights, heated steering wheel and Navigation for about the same price as the US model after currency conversion.
I’d love if it had LED headlights. If it had that it would be the value of the decade. Even without it, Honda has packed a lot of value in the Si.
Sponsored