dani7792

First Name
Dani
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic type r fk8
Country flag
Yes but dealer says that car is built the first week on october 18. My new ctr is built second week of november. I hope that my car have a infotaintment update.....

Regards
Sponsored

jinderC

That all looks very fake to me.
Where did this brochure really come from and why isn't there any "Official Honda website info" on this change ....yet Honda would print off Brochures first?
I cannot see Honda removing the LED for the Halogen - that has never happened in Honda's refreshers before.

I say WAIT until Honda officially releases the car to the public before you guys get your nickers in a twist.

From the word I got at my two local dealers .... the car will not be made in November and it WILL have LEDs (atleast for the canadian market).

I have a 2019 on order (since Aug this year) and my car wouldn't even be built until Feb 2019 and earliest excepted delivery will be April 2019 (FOR CANADA). This info was direct from Honda Canada to the dealer that I have placed my order with.

Just hold your horses and if it's really true....then it must be a US-model only.
The Civic Si in Canada have LEDs... but the US doesn't.
Make America great again...Buy Canadian lol

Let's see what happens though... wait for the truth

Last edited by a moderator:

Sup_Devil

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Pilot, S2000, 2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Hi guys, yesterday I went to local dealership in spain to view a new honda civic type r with number plate 21295 and is exactly at 2017 model no changes on infotaintment system and car is built in october.
Regads
2019 will have volume knob added. Not sure about software updates to infotainment

okaida

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R-26048, 2016 VW Golf R
Country flag
That all looks very fake to me.
Where did this brochure really come from and why isn't there any "Official Honda website info" on this change ....yet Honda would print off Brochures first?
I cannot see Honda removing the LED for the Halogen - that has never happened in Honda's refreshers before.

I say WAIT until Honda officially releases the car to the public before you guys get your nickers in a twist.

From the word I got at my two local dealers .... the car will not be made in November and it WILL have LEDs (atleast for the canadian market).

I have a 2019 on order (since Aug this year) and my car wouldn't even be built until Feb 2019 and earliest excepted delivery will be April 2019 (FOR CANADA). This info was direct from Honda Canada to the dealer that I have placed my order with.

Just hold your horses and if it's really true....then it must be a US-model only.
The Civic Si in Canada have LEDs... but the US doesn't.
Make America great again...Buy Canadian lol

Let's see what happens though... wait for the truth[/QUOTE

Thanks for this info. I just placed my order yesterday for a 2019 and was told June 2019 until it arrives. I was also told there were no changes from 2018 to 2019 model other than a small price increase.

jinderC

Cool. Congratulations on your CTR.
I am feeling pretty positive we will get the volume knob, I can’t see how the rest of the civic lineup will get it and “not” the R. I’m sure it will be there.
The wait is horrible though eh? Haha..... but at least in Canada we pay the list price. :)
In Canada, our version of the R has LED turn signals on the Mirrors too ;)

Despite what others have said .....
I have two 2017 Si (s) and never felt the LEDs where poor, they seem fine to me. I also had a 2001 S2000 and agree it’s HIDs where top notch.

I showed my contact at the dealership this “fake brochure “ and he just laughed lol
The person that made this ad is having a laugh over this.

Last edited by a moderator:

mechanical42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wife Prius, 2019 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
I've gotten confirmation from someone at the Swindon, UK factory that the regular 2019 hatches are being built right now. It has infotainment and front cosmetic updates. November time frame on the hatches. Type R will take a bit longer.

Driveitlikeuboughtit

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW CTR
Country flag
I've gotten confirmation from someone at the Swindon, UK factory that the regular 2019 hatches are being built right now. It has infotainment and front cosmetic updates. November time frame on the hatches. Type R will take a bit longer.
Anything specific about the cosmetic updates?

Iilac

Spelled with a I not a L for Iilac.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000, CTR, TUNDRA, MAXIMA, CX9
Country flag
Sup_Devil said

I have a friend that works at the Swindon Honda plant and he said the first of the 19 Type R's came online yesterday and there were zero changes to the exterior. Same wheels headlights and wing. He didn't see the inside but thinks there could be a volume knob and infotainment update Not 100% though.

So two sources from Swindon. No changes to Type R but changes to regular hatchback. The suspense thickens.

Last edited:

mechanical42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wife Prius, 2019 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
Sup_Devil
I have a friend that works at the Swindon Honda plant and he said the first of the 19 Type R's came online yesterday and there were zero changes to the exterior. Same wheels headlights and wing. He didn't see the inside but thinks there could be a volume knob and infotainment update Not 100% though.

So two sources from Swindon. No changes to Type R but changes to regular hatchback. The suspense thickens.
Sorry, to make myself clear the changes I heard were only for hatchbacks. Cosmetic changes are for its front fascia. My source has not seen/worked on the Type R yet, he just mentioned that the Type R will come after the hatch.

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
Announced today the 2019 Honda Civic Si seems to be unchanged, except a volume button and two new colors. It was launched same year along with the CTR. I think the exterior for the CTR will be unchanged as well for 2019.

http://hondanews.com/releases/2019-...pgraded-tech-enhanced-interior-and-new-colors
The upper grill is slightly larger. Presumably to address heat soak issues in the 17/18s. There's also speculation they did a slight tweak to the lower grill design, though it's hard to see. Appears to be an extra line above the fogs. Same for the back.

The Touring LEDs are slightly different for 2019 as well. Apparently a significant reduction in stray light. I'd be very surprised if Honda didn't extend this to the CTR's update.

Honda Civic 10th gen 2019 Civic Type R Brochure Revealed upload_2018-10-25_14-17-53

Honda Civic 10th gen 2019 Civic Type R Brochure Revealed upload_2018-10-25_14-18-5