RV6 Catted Downpipe/Front pipe now available!

IDriveanSi

First Name
Gerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si
Country flag
The cat is a custom made part. It is 300CPSI and made of high temperature Feceralloy foil. Much more robust than anything available off the shelf.
Thanks for the fast response. I might just be going the RV6 route due to the heat shield cover.
Sponsored

CyberCT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
If someone buys the catted downpipe and confirms it passes the annual sniffer emissions test, I'll buy the ceramic version.

RV6, do you have a completely stock vs catted downpipe dyno to confirm there's no loss of low end torque or hp?

long_meats

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe LX CVT
Country flag
@RV6 Any updates on if a catted downpipe for the 2.0 is being planned?

I can use a few extra HP's, but would also like to pass inspection so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Thanks!

OP
OP
RV6

RV6

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rv6-p.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 CTR, 2023 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If someone buys the catted downpipe and confirms it passes the annual sniffer emissions test, I'll buy the ceramic version.

RV6, do you have a completely stock vs catted downpipe dyno to confirm there's no loss of low end torque or hp?
We will dyno the catted version soon. There is no doubt the catted version will make less power. However with the high flow core the losses should be small and is a good compromise for not having to deal with smell.

@RV6 Any updates on if a catted downpipe for the 2.0 is being planned?

I can use a few extra HP's, but would also like to pass inspection so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Thanks!
No updates yet on the 2.0 base stuff. We are a bit swamped with production.

cyost01

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX sedan
Country flag
I’m eagerly awaiting your 2.0L cat version. This car is my daily and I would love to know if it will pass smog with the high flow cat. Any pictures of the downpipe with the heat shield attached? Does it cover it enough to pass the visual inspection too?

long_meats

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe LX CVT
Country flag
I’m eagerly awaiting your 2.0L cat version. This car is my daily and I would love to know if it will pass smog with the high flow cat. Any pictures of the downpipe with the heat shield attached? Does it cover it enough to pass the visual inspection too?
In another thread RV6 mentioned they're currently searching for high flow core that will fit the 2.0 platform, so it sounds like it's still in the design stage as that update from them was posted a week ago.

KnoxTn17Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si sedan
Country flag
I have the thermal r&d exhaust with front pipe. I'm looking at getting the catted downpipe but wondering if the bottle neck will be any issue. So it would be 3" to 2.5" downpipe to 3" front pipe and exhaust. Or am I better off buying a true 3" downpipe? Also the thermal front pipe, were it meets the downpipe is 2.5" and rest is 3".

OP
OP
RV6

RV6

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rv6-p.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 CTR, 2023 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have the thermal r&d exhaust with front pipe. I'm looking at getting the catted downpipe but wondering if the bottle neck will be any issue. So it would be 3" to 2.5" downpipe to 3" front pipe and exhaust. Or am I better off buying a true 3" downpipe? Also the thermal front pipe, were it meets the downpipe is 2.5" and rest is 3".
It wont matter if your donwpipe is 3" or 2.5" since your exhaust necks down to 2.5" at the inlet.

OP
OP
RV6

RV6

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rv6-p.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 CTR, 2023 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It is now 2019, And we still havent gotten a Catted Downpipe for the K20C2 Engines. Im officially starting to lose hope.
Please keep this thread on topic. This thread covers the 1.5T downpipe and front pipe. Not the 2.0L base downpipe. We will be working on a catted version of the 2.0L downpipe when we catch up with existing orders.
Sponsored