sweetkankles

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
Oh yeah, duh. Never mind. I sell Hyundais so I'm so used to lanewatch or lanesense being the active assist.

Ataricade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
I liked that side camera at first but then I switched it to manual mode because when it kicks in it cancels what you are doing on the headunit.

Since doing that I rarely use it except in special circumstances.

display99x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si, 2010 GenCoupe Track
Country flag
2019 seems like a downgrade that costs $200 more (if what I saw in other thread is correct). I dont see why they wouldn't just update the radio software or allow us to use api and build it better lol

Guess I waited for no reason but atleast I should be able to get a '18 for cheaper :)

Captaindicki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe (sold)
Country flag
I liked that side camera at first but then I switched it to manual mode because when it kicks in it cancels what you are doing on the headunit.

Since doing that I rarely use it except in special circumstances.
Try turning it on during a big rain storm while the car is speeding along. The water spraying out back is a nice show

NoelPR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Ridgeline RTL-E (Thanks to the CTR markups)
Country flag
People with access to parts catalog always check for part numbers on parts known to be problematic. For example the clutch.

Honda likes to quietly upgrade them. They did it before.

Luckyarmpit

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 VW Golf R, 2003 Wrangler TJ
Country flag
I can't wait to get my hands on a '19 Si to see what the software looks like on the HU. If it's a totally new software experience, I'm definitely going to look into swapping out the HU on my '17 Si. If it's only a hardware overlay but the same awful software, I won't bother. I'd like a volume knob, sure, but the software is really what's getting my goat.

NHCivicGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 R
Country flag
I can't wait to get my hands on a '19 Si to see what the software looks like on the HU. If it's a totally new software experience, I'm definitely going to look into swapping out the HU on my '17 Si. If it's only a hardware overlay but the same awful software, I won't bother. I'd like a volume knob, sure, but the software is really what's getting my goat.
Hate to burst your bubble on that, but software hasn't changed. Can confirm from the renderings on the site. I wish it had the new OS that the 2018 Accords have, that would be sweet.

Honda Civic 10th gen 2019 Civic Si Coupe / Sedan Specs and Pricing Released 2019-honda-civic-sedan-audio-features

Luckyarmpit

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 VW Golf R, 2003 Wrangler TJ
Country flag
Hate to burst your bubble on that, but software hasn't changed. Can confirm from the renderings on the site. I wish it had the new OS that the 2018 Accords have, that would be sweet.

2019-honda-civic-sedan-audio-features.jpg
No, you didn't burst my bubble at all. I appreciate the info. While I'm disappointed, at least my lingering question is answered. It's too bad as the HU is really the only thing that prevents the Si from being damn near a perfect car. I may see how much it would cost to put that screen/overlay on the existing HU.

**edit** I see they addressed the fan speed issue too by adding physical buttons. That's nice too; wonder if that part can be swapped out?

Reactions: mjh

NHCivicGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 R
Country flag
No, you didn't burst my bubble at all. I appreciate the info. While I'm disappointed, at least my lingering question is answered. It's too bad as the HU is really the only thing that prevents the Si from being damn near a perfect car. I may see how much it would cost to put that screen/overlay on the existing HU.

**edit** I see they addressed the fan speed issue too by adding physical buttons. That's nice too; wonder if that part can be swapped out?
Exactly my thoughts too! I'm waiting for iDatalink Maestro to come out with a solution that will allow you to add an aftermarket head unit while still retaining all of the OEM controls and information. They haven't yet released it for our 10th gen.

Displays look like they may be compatible, but would need someone access to the electronic schematics to confirm that.

I also am curious if the Insight climate control unit will swap in. It electronically looks possible (connectors and wiring seems to be the same, as per a member on the FB page helped me out to find), just am unsure of the physical aspect of it. Either way, the 2019 Civic or Insight climate control unit is only around $150 new from dealer. That's not bad! The advantage the Insight unit has is that it can do it all from the unit (AC, fan speed, temp, defrosters, heated seats, etc.).

Honda Civic 10th gen 2019 Civic Si Coupe / Sedan Specs and Pricing Released 2_fullsize

Ataricade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
Exactly my thoughts too! I'm waiting for iDatalink Maestro to come out with a solution that will allow you to add an aftermarket head unit while still retaining all of the OEM controls and information. They haven't yet released it for our 10th gen.

Displays look like they may be compatible, but would need someone access to the electronic schematics to confirm that.

I also am curious if the Insight climate control unit will swap in. It electronically looks possible (connectors and wiring seems to be the same, as per a member on the FB page helped me out to find), just am unsure of the physical aspect of it. Either way, the 2019 Civic or Insight climate control unit is only around $150 new from dealer. That's not bad! The advantage the Insight unit has is that it can do it all from the unit (AC, fan speed, temp, defrosters, heated seats, etc.).

2_fullsize.jpg
I can do all of that stuff too in my Si you just have to hit a button. People will cry about anything

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag

2019-honda-civic-sedan-audio-features.jpg
To add insult to injury, someone already looked up the wiring specs and reported back that they were different. I don't think it will be the plug & play we're hoping for, though I'll be the first to congratulate the person who can make it work. :cool:

VooDuuChild

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si, Boosted Street and Track Monster 91 CRX Si.
Country flag

2_fullsize.jpg
I had my systems installer contact Maestro directly to see if they're going to support this vehicle. I really hate being stuck with this head unit. I replace every piece of stereo equipment in ever car I own. This will be the first where I can't. So far, the Maestro rep has not gotten back, which was a while ago....not looking good. I don't want to be stuck running an integration unit and then DSP to tune the system. I'd rather run a quality head unit and DSP on top of that. I like my 130 gigs and growing of FLAC files.

NHCivicGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 R
Country flag
I can do all of that stuff too in my Si you just have to hit a button. People will cry about anything
Well I’d hope those things are possible, that way I can swap in an aftermarket head unit
I had my systems installer contact Maestro directly to see if they're going to support this vehicle. I really hate being stuck with this head unit. I replace every piece of stereo equipment in ever car I own. This will be the first where I can't. So far, the Maestro rep has not gotten back, which was a while ago....not looking good. I don't want to be stuck running an integration unit and then DSP to tune the system. I'd rather run a quality head unit and DSP on top of that. I like my 130 gigs and growing of FLAC files.
Same here! I also emailed them yesterday. I found on their support forum, someone asked them back in 2017 and they said they were working on the 10th Civic but did not have an ETA.