First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ITR 01-1294, 07 Elise, 15 Fiesta ST, Formerly CTR
Country flag
^ baller option...:D
Haha the price I pay for being an early adopter. Motegi's werent available yet and there wasnt enough info on the NSX Ys for me to jump on them. If I had to do it all again i'd go with the NSX wheels especially im getting a different set of wheels for DD wheels (I know im an idiot).
Sponsored

RacingManiac

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 VW GTI, 2018 ABM CTR R-17001
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Haha the price I pay for being an early adopter. Motegi's werent available yet and there wasnt enough info on the NSX Ys for me to jump on them. If I had to do it all again i'd go with the NSX wheels especially im getting a different set of wheels for DD wheels (I know im an idiot).
Counting stock ones I already have 4 sets of wheels for the car, and I have had the car for like 2 months...so that seems normal to me....:D

RacingManiac

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I would love to own a set of fancy Japanese light weight 18s but I really have no use for them....lol

RacingManiac

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I guess the small local results are out:

Honda Civic 10th gen D-Street Type R AutoX info sharing upload_2018-10-17_10-43-24

I apparently I coned my 2nd fastest run but I guess 3rd fastest is still ok for 4th...lol

Florence_NC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Country flag
I run a set of 19x8.5 BC Forged KL11 Wheels in +53. I also have a pair of Motegi's (aka boat anchors compared to the BC Forged) that Pedal Faster bought for the car so we can hot swap the tires inbetween runs to prevent overheating of the front tires.

https://www.bcforged-na.com/monoblock/kl11/

upload_2018-10-15_18-1-25.png
I had not seen this company before. I like some of their designs, but $3k+ for just wheels is probably a bit more than I really want to put into a set of competition wheels right now. I am only looking to play around for now, maybe down the road I would get that deep into to justify that expense.

What good tire options are available? I see the RE71s seem to still be the hot ticket, but only if you have 19" wheels. Is there just nothing competitive in 20"? I would consider getting some 18s or 19s for DD and put comp tires on the OEM wheels for now. Any suggestions for 20" tires? Are the OEM tires really that sub-par as a comp tire?

Apex Carver

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ITR 01-1294, 07 Elise, 15 Fiesta ST, Formerly CTR
Country flag
I had not seen this company before. I like some of their designs, but $3k+ for just wheels is probably a bit more than I really want to put into a set of competition wheels right now. I am only looking to play around for now, maybe down the road I would get that deep into to justify that expense.

What good tire options are available? I see the RE71s seem to still be the hot ticket, but only if you have 19" wheels. Is there just nothing competitive in 20"? I would consider getting some 18s or 19s for DD and put comp tires on the OEM wheels for now. Any suggestions for 20" tires? Are the OEM tires really that sub-par as a comp tire?
BC forged is kinda new... they are out of Taiwan but their manufacturing process is legit. It's a fully forged custom wheel thats just a little more than say a flow formed forgestar hence why I decided to go with them. You're right that they arent cheap but if you want some freedom in design/color/sizing its the easy button.

As far as tire options you are very limited in 20". I believe the only options are the contis and the Michelin PS4S. The stock contis and the PS4S are great for standing water but thats about it. Any of the decent street tires (BFG, Bridgestones, Kumhos, Hankooks etc) are in the 19" size.

RacingManiac

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
20" you have some Bridgestone RE71R options, very limited in size. For 19" there are more sizes to go wider widths. For D-Street you can't use 18s as the rule dictates +/- 1" from stock, which puts you 19-21" in diameter.

Most people run 19s for this car and in that you really only have RE71R as the competitive option. People have run all combo of sizes from 285/245 stagger to 255 square setup. There are all sorts of gearing, balance, tire rotation considerations....

There is a BFG Rival S 1.5 in 19" coming that might work for the car(275/35/19). Supposedly it should be out end of this year...

bouford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 AP1/18 FK8/19 CV2
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
you should take advantage of the 1" allowable diameter decrease and go 19s due to better tire selection and sizing. stay close to 200 tr as possible.
some guys have run the OE 20s and the tires haven't done well due to the weak side walls. also the tire options for 20s are not the best. gl!

Last edited:

PedalFaster

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Whatever people will let me drive
Country flag
I'd be willing to let my pair of 19" Motegis go for a very reasonable price if anyone's interested.

RacingManiac

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Motegi 19s on Tire Rack is still for sale with the black color ones....<$1000 for a set isn't bad but they aren't particularly light or good looking...
Sponsored