1.5T CompTurbo Billet Wheel Upgrade

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Acura TLX Type-S / 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Hope the 11 blade exhaust turbine wheel performs better than it did with the 9 blade Si turbine wheel:hmm:

D-RobIMW

www.imwtuned.com
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2001 Integra Type R, 2019 RDX A-Spec
Country flag
The base model exhaust wheel probably spools faster than the 9-blade Si, but total flow will be down.

FK7Hatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Installed the turbo on Monday... Took about 4 hours to do and was kinda a pain in the ass. I'm running it on the stock map while waiting for my ktuner to show up from Derek. I'm going to probably get it etuned by Steve in the mean time until I get a clutch to do a proper Dyno tune with Derek. My impressions on the stock map so far, is that the torque hit is gone, instead it starts to spool around 2.5k and you get smooth power from there all the way to redline.

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Installed the turbo on Monday... Took about 4 hours to do and was kinda a pain in the ass. I'm running it on the stock map while waiting for my ktuner to show up from Derek. I'm going to probably get it etuned by Steve in the mean time until I get a clutch to do a proper Dyno tune with Derek. My impressions on the stock map so far, is that the torque hit is gone, instead it starts to spool around 2.5k and you get smooth power from there all the way to redline.
Your not suppose to push it to redline on stock map for upgraded turbo

FK7Hatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Your not suppose to push it to redline on stock map for upgraded turbo
Don't see why not, boost targets are managed by the electronic wastegate, it should just run whatever boost and timing that is targeted in the stock map.

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Don't see why not, boost targets are managed by the electronic wastegate, it should just run whatever boost and timing that is targeted in the stock map.
Not what I meant lol on stock map you shouldn't be running to redline on the Comp Turbo unless you are getting it datalogged for a tune. That's why most people don't push their upgraded turbo's unless they are tuned for it. AFR's aren't tuned and can be harmful on stock map.

FK7Hatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Not what I meant lol on stock map you shouldn't be running to redline on the Comp Turbo unless you are getting it datalogged for a tune. That's why most people don't push their upgraded turbo's unless they are tuned for it. AFR's aren't tuned and can be harmful on stock map.
point taken, luckily I only did that run once, taking it easy until I get it tuned

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
point taken, luckily I only did that run once, taking it easy until I get it tuned
Yes that would be best since you don't want your rods bending lol

FK7Hatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
On Rev1 tune with Steve at etunez.. looking at the logs, WOT starts spooling around 2.5k about 10psi at 3k. peak boost of 21psi at around 4k, all the way to 6.5k rpm

Two Step Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Si, 19 Accord 2.0T, 23 Type R
Country flag
Getting it on the Dyno?
I believe I read the tune with Steve was just something temporary until he takes it in for a dyno tune.
Sponsored