Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Oooohwee that looks real good. I really like the flow between the top to the rear. I was thinking of going black roof too and I think you just sold me on it. Was it difficult to wrap the roof by yourself or did you have help?
Thanks, man! And yeah, definitely.. it looked a little off to me with that portion still in color.

I actually had the top done by a shop. After watching him and now doing parts that actually have curves vs a flat surface, I could do it by myself. If you’ve wrapped anything before, you should be able to do it. Having a friend won’t hurt though. Once it goes bad, I’m going to replace it myself.

The challenging piece will be the shark fin.. he did it in one piece, without any seams. It will take me some time to do that lol.
Sponsored

OP
OP
infiniteraiders

infiniteraiders

First Name
Taji
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So I was looking at custom shift boots and after reaching out to a couple people on social media and never hearing back or getting dodgy answers, I said screw it.. I'm going to do it myself. So I did.. with a little bit of a help from my grandma (with the sewing). Here are the pics..

Fabric I chose:
Honda Civic 10th gen Taji's FK7 ABM (Slow Build) IMG_8103.JPG

Removing the original boot and breaking the stitching:
Honda Civic 10th gen Taji's FK7 ABM (Slow Build) IMG_8079.JPG

Trace original shift boot onto new fabric:
Honda Civic 10th gen Taji's FK7 ABM (Slow Build) IMG_8080.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Taji's FK7 ABM (Slow Build) IMG_8082.JPG

Cut it out with fabric scissors and have the edges sewn so it doesn't fall apart:
Honda Civic 10th gen Taji's FK7 ABM (Slow Build) IMG_8083 2

Sew edges together like the original and install boot retainer:
Honda Civic 10th gen Taji's FK7 ABM (Slow Build) IMG_8090.JPG

Back into the center console assembly:
Honda Civic 10th gen Taji's FK7 ABM (Slow Build) IMG_8102.JPG

Final product:
Honda Civic 10th gen Taji's FK7 ABM (Slow Build) IMG_8113-2

Last edited:
OP
OP
infiniteraiders

infiniteraiders

First Name
Taji
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Timelapse install video of the 27WON Intake with sound clips. It's quieter than other cars I've heard but I love the sound of the turbo!

cheppeg

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Timelapse install video of the 27WON Intake with sound clips. It's quieter than other cars I've heard but I love the sound of the turbo!

Is it carb legal by any chance? or just took the risk? I've been looking into some and falling towards 27won as well.

cheppeg

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Got myself fog light overlays from premium auto styling! since it was my first attempt at overlays I kind of messed up and got small wrinkles which you can see during the day, but at night it isn't noticeable and I'm loving the look!!

Honda Civic 10th gen Taji's FK7 ABM (Slow Build) car

OP
OP
infiniteraiders

infiniteraiders

First Name
Taji
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Got myself fog light overlays from premium auto styling! since it was my first attempt at overlays I kind of messed up and got small wrinkles which you can see during the day, but at night it isn't noticeable and I'm loving the look!!

car.jpg
It took a lot of work to get the wrinkles out. But it definitely doesn't affect the output. I had someone at the shop redo one of the lights and left wrinkles.

churrox

First Name
Hiro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 honda civic hatchback sport (6 spd)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What kind of jbl components are those? Do you have websites to them please.

OP
OP
infiniteraiders

infiniteraiders

First Name
Taji
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Been a while since I've posted here but I've updated the OP to smaller pictures so the page should load faster.

Here's another a timelapse for everyone, this time featuring another awesome @ACUITY product!

OP
OP
infiniteraiders

infiniteraiders

First Name
Taji
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So over the summer I applied for a Whiteline sponsorship and got accepted as a brand ambassador! I purchased the full kit from them but have only installed the rear sway bar and end links. I haven't had time to drop the subframe and I have no idea what I'm doing so I'm just waiting.

Honda Civic 10th gen Taji's FK7 ABM (Slow Build) IMG_9742

Honda Civic 10th gen Taji's FK7 ABM (Slow Build) IMG_9744

I love the addition of the rear sway bar and the ability for me to take turns faster. Less body roll which is great. Canyon runs are fun now as well.. just need stickier tires.

I hear some noises from time to time but I've checked everything countlessly and all bolts/nuts are tight. I think the issue may be not using enough grease on the bars? Might have to add teflon tape but I really don't want to go through the hassle of taking it all out again. The end links are a pain in the ass!

Last edited:
OP
OP
infiniteraiders

infiniteraiders

First Name
Taji
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If you haven't noticed, I'm trying to catch up on this build thread. The main post has all my current mods listed... I'm working on the pictures. I had my phone reset and locating these pictures from my backup have been a huge pain in the ass. Also added links to the OP so that you can jump to a specific mod from the first post.

So back in September, while my stock turbo was getting modified by CompTurbo (that's a story for later), I was trying to decide between springs, coils, or air suspension. Eventually budget won the battle and I went with springs. It all came down to Eibach's Sportlines after talking to numerous people and watching videos. I decided to jack the entire car up and install lowering springs. I watched someone install springs on my 8th and afterwards, I did was able to install them for a couple more friends on their 8ths. Watched a couple videos on Youtube to see what the difference was on the 10th gen's then it was off to work. My main goal was to rid the wheel gap and maintain as close to a stock ride as possible. Needless to say, mission accomplished!

No time-lapse on this one since I worked on it late at night for a couple hours at a time over the course of 2-3 days.

Honda Civic 10th gen Taji's FK7 ABM (Slow Build) FK7-Eibach-Springs-0010

Honda Civic 10th gen Taji's FK7 ABM (Slow Build) FK7-Eibach-Springs-0008

Honda Civic 10th gen Taji's FK7 ABM (Slow Build) FK7-After-Rain-Shoot-0002-2

Honda Civic 10th gen Taji's FK7 ABM (Slow Build) FK7-After-Rain-Shoot-0003-2

Last edited:
OP
OP
infiniteraiders

infiniteraiders

First Name
Taji
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
OP UPDATED!

Okay, story time!

After being referred to CompTurbo after they announced the turbo upgrade, I decided to bite the bullet and be an early adopter. You can review that thread here: 1.5T CompTurbo Billet Wheel Upgrade. Long story short, I was told a whole lot of bullshit by Comp and with a goal of getting my car to 300HP plus, Comp couldn't provide me with any proof the upgraded turbo was able to reach that power. I tried working through the issue with Comp via email but they preferred to have phone conversations. I didn't want to do that because the story can then change.. at least with email, I had everything in written proof. Long story, short.. Comp got their money and didn't care about what happened after that. I didn't want to install the turbo on my car with others failing to make power and Derek also advised against it.. so I said screw it and went W1. What was supposed to be a $600 upgrade ended up costing me over $3K.. because well, no point of upgrading a turbo and constricting airflow. So, I got RV6's downpipe as well. During this downtime, I also came across a PRL Cobra for a good deal so I decided to make the switch. I loved the 27WON.. still one of my favorite designs however a CAI would better serve me better, since I live in a hot area of SoCal.

Because this entire thing was a mess and I didn't have a car for about a month.. I didn't really record any install videos. I just have the below unboxing.

I really should have just got the Type R at this point but I'm loving the sleeper this little Sport is turning into. Got a custom base map created for the W1 specifically for the Hatchback sport by Derek as well. Not pushing for real power until I get a new clutch and probably build my internals. As this is my DD.. not trying to blow my engine.

Happy to answer any questions.

civicsikks

First Name
luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93 fd-3s
Country flag
So over the summer I applied for a Whiteline sponsorship and got accepted as a brand ambassador! I purchased the full kit from them but have only installed the rear sway bar and end links. I haven't had time to drop the subframe and I have no idea what I'm doing so I'm just waiting.

IMG_9742.jpg

IMG_9744.jpg

I love the addition of the rear sway bar and the ability for me to take turns faster. Less body roll which is great. Canyon runs are fun now as well.. just need stickier tires.

I hear some noises from time to time but I've checked everything countlessly and all bolts/nuts are tight. I think the issue may be not using enough grease on the bars? Might have to add teflon tape but I really don't want to go through the hassle of taking it all out again. The end links are a pain in the ass!
when you install the sway bar you 'd better use white lithium on the rubber. now if your don't want to get it off.just go with wd40 white lithium spray one.That will be solve the noisy.

BTW can I have the part number of the Type r assembly?
Thanks bro

OP
OP
infiniteraiders

infiniteraiders

First Name
Taji
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
when you install the sway bar you 'd better use white lithium on the rubber. now if your don't want to get it off.just go with wd40 white lithium spray one.That will be solve the noisy.

BTW can I have the part number of the Type r assembly?
Thanks bro
I’ll try out that WD-40, thanks!

The part number is 54100-TGH-A01
Sponsored