RV6® Modular Downpipe for 16+ Civic 1.5T Official Release!

maddmatt02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic ex-t 2016 crv lx 2001 accord ex 1997 integra gs
Country flag
I am interested in getting your FP. I dont have the DP yet though, would it be possible to get them both at the same time?
I'm sure there's going to be that option and the way I'd go for sure. Should save a decent amount as a combo since there is one less flange, one less v-band-half, one less reducer and a few less welds you don't have to pay for.
Sponsored

OP
OP
RV6

RV6

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rv6-p.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 CTR, 2023 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I am interested in getting your FP. I dont have the DP yet though, would it be possible to get them both at the same time?
Sure, it will be cheaper than buying them separately.

OP
OP
RV6

RV6

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rv6-p.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 CTR, 2023 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Last edited:

maddmatt02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I just went to threads started by you and found it because your link won't work for me. Weird though because the link in my browser while on that page looks exactly like what you posted...

OP
OP
RV6

RV6

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rv6-p.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 CTR, 2023 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I just went to threads started by you and found it because your link won't work for me. Weird though because the link in my browser while on that page looks exactly like what you posted...
Fixed. Thanks for the heads up.

luispe7

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Sounds awesome man! I’ve got about 15k on the downpipe now and love it. Been waiting on this for a while.
How's the catless downpipe so far? Any issues?

luispe7

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Seems like there is definitely some interest in wanting a catted version offered. I for one am with that majority. I’d buy the catted version. But if they cannot do it for whatever reason I guess I’ll be stuck with catless, or stick with Prl catted downpipe. Both great brands.
Why do you want catted instead of catless? I'm debating which one to get

maddmatt02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Why do you want catted instead of catless? I'm debating which one to get
CEL/emissions testing and/or better for the planet...

jsanz

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan CBP
Country flag
How's the catless downpipe so far? Any issues?
Mine has been great, I had a few times where the light came on but it usually went back off again soon after. Been without it for quite some time now though.

Just hit 30k yesterday and this things a champ! Just waiting on my clutch install before I kick things up a few notches :flame:

luispe7

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Mine has been great, I had a few times where the light came on but it usually went back off again soon after. Been without it for quite some time now though.

Just hit 30k yesterday and this things a champ! Just waiting on my clutch install before I kick things up a few notches :flame:
Did you feel any difference in hp with this dp?

jsanz

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan CBP
Country flag
Did you feel any difference in hp with this dp?
Let’s just say all I have currently on the car is this dp, the cobra cai, and a tune ... this thing is a whole other animal that what came out of the dealship.

Markusc

First Name
Markus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic 1.5L turbo
Country flag
I've got to say, the reviews on this piece so far is very promising! In terms of CVT health, how would this piece go paired with the Ktuner 21psi tune? I know we haven't got the strongest of CVTs and I'm not feeling like buying a new one anytime soon.... Would the catted downpipe give a little less power/torque & therefore be safer? @RV6

OP
OP
RV6

RV6

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rv6-p.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 CTR, 2023 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've got to say, the reviews on this piece so far is very promising! In terms of CVT health, how would this piece go paired with the Ktuner 21psi tune? I know we haven't got the strongest of CVTs and I'm not feeling like buying a new one anytime soon.... Would the catted downpipe give a little less power/torque & therefore be safer? @RV6
Both versions should be safe with the CVT. The downpipe gains are not that drastic compared to the a tune. However the high flowing downpipe will help keep heat away from your engine allowing it to make pull after pull without getting heat soaked as quickly. With the stock downpipe we could only get 1 pull in before heat soaking the engine. After installing the downpipe we could do pull after and maintain the same numbers.

Markusc

First Name
Markus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic 1.5L turbo
Country flag
Both versions should be safe with the CVT. The downpipe gains are not that drastic compared to the a tune. However the high flowing downpipe will help keep heat away from your engine allowing it to make pull after pull without getting heat soaked as quickly. With the stock downpipe we could only get 1 pull in before heat soaking the engine. After installing the downpipe we could do pull after and maintain the same numbers.
Very true. Tonight I was a little spirited with 3-4 high RPM highway pulls. The car has been sitting for 10 minutes with the hood up & at this rate could probably could my breakfast in 8 hours haha

So you guys have tested in the CVT with some kind of tune?

luispe7

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Finally... been waiting for this item for some time..... now if you just offered a Catted downpipe for the 1.5T that would be awesome ;)
why do you want catted instead of catless? i'm curious as i'm undecided which one to get.
Sponsored