Official RallyArmor Mudflaps for the Type R

Iilac

Spelled with a I not a L for Iilac.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000, CTR, TUNDRA, MAXIMA, CX9
Country flag
Did my fronts today and I have a question. The second screw from the top does not tighten for me. It just free spins. Is anyone else experiencing as well?
Sponsored

RosevilleSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Championship White Civic Type R
Country flag
Did my fronts today and I have a question. The second screw from the top does not tighten for me. It just free spins. Is anyone else experiencing as well?
Same for me after it went flush with the flap and washer.

Muggsy

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R, 2020 Lexus UX250h, 2012 Toyota Sienna
Country flag
Is there any increase in wind noise from these flaps?
Not that I've noticed. But I was upgrading the stereo about the same time I was doing the flaps, and the increased power and clarity of the sound system has drowned out the road noise. The flaps are pretty tight and don't stick out much, so it's hard to imagine wind noise being an issue.

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My friend was complaining of the same thing with his. For the money, you'd think they would have this setup correctly. Sounds like they forgot to include a longer screw for the fronts. My guess everyone is experiencing this and didn't chime up.

jimmer

First Name
Jimmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW CTR
Country flag
I had this problem too, the OEM screw that is reused for this section is obviously not long enough to grab the threads on the other side. I removed the plastic washer and it screwed in just fine so I assume if you can find a screw that is slightly longer by a few mm then you should be good.

EnjoyDriving

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW FK8
Country flag
Do we happen to know the thread and size for that screw? It would be easier to find it at ACE store with the info. Thanks for sharing. :thumbsup:

I had this problem too, the OEM screw that is reused for this section is obviously not long enough to grab the threads on the other side. I removed the plastic washer and it screwed in just fine so I assume if you can find a screw that is slightly longer by a few mm then you should be good.

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Do we happen to know the thread and size for that screw? It would be easier to find it at ACE store with the info. Thanks for sharing. :thumbsup:
he's lazy...it'll be next year when goes and gets it :D

I did hear that his friend was able to get it on by use brute force :D

jimmer

First Name
Jimmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW CTR
Country flag
I have no idea, I was just going to remove one and take it into the store to find out

Driveitlikeuboughtit

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW CTR
Country flag
Has anyone contacted Rally Armor about this? What was their response?

I have a kit coming to me and it would be nice to have the correct screw.

Iilac

Spelled with a I not a L for Iilac.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000, CTR, TUNDRA, MAXIMA, CX9
Country flag
I am experiencing the same issue on the rear flaps as well with the OEM screw. This is ridiculous with the money that we spent on these.

@Midarete, did you have these issues? Is there someone at ralleyarmor that we can contact? Thx.
Sponsored