Aneliya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hello all,

Are there any CVT owners out there who have swapped their stock intercooler out with either PRL or Mishimoto? What are some thoughts and recommendations? I currently have the 27won intake, Greddy exhaust, and Ktuner 21psi/factory econ dual tune, and am leaning towards PRL intercooler kit but wasn't sure if it works with the CVT well..

Many thanks,
Sponsored

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I think I heard the PRL intercooler may conflict with the 27Won intake. I am not 100% sure on that but I'd recommend checking before purchasing. The PRL intercooler does otherwise work fine with CVT 1.5T Civics.

OP
OP
Smilo359

Smilo359

First Name
Aneliya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I think I heard the PRL intercooler may conflict with the 27Won intake. I am not 100% sure on that but I'd recommend checking before purchasing. The PRL intercooler does otherwise work fine with CVT 1.5T Civics.
Oh ok, yeah, I was afraid I might get that answer haha. I'd easily solve that issue by also getting the PRL cobra intake if I wasn't so much of a chicken about hydrolocking potential..

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Oh ok, yeah, I was afraid I might get that answer haha. I'd easily solve that issue by also getting the PRL cobra intake if I wasn't so much of a chicken about hydrolocking potential..
Unless you are driving through a foot of water (bad idea in any Civic) the Cobra is good to go!

OP
OP
Smilo359

Smilo359

First Name
Aneliya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Unless you are driving through a foot of water (bad idea in any Civic) the Cobra is good to go!
Well then that is certainly an option needing to be explored haha. What about the Mishimoto intercooler? Does it also potentially interfere with the 27won intake? I do actually like this intake so I don't necessarily want to replace it.. Got a lot of homework to do still, thanks for the input! :)

Alberto1866

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback
Country flag
Yeah I have 27Won's Intake and PRL's FMIC. There definitely are fitment issues, but you are still able to install it. You just have to install the IC first and then the intake.

R.Andre

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
I do have the mishimoto intercooler with the Injen Short RAM, but I was looking in the market for a better one and a close one too (Only Mishimoto and 27Won had that I think) and 27Won is my first option mainly because of looks but now you let me wonder as well.

OP
OP
Smilo359

Smilo359

First Name
Aneliya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah I have 27Won's Intake and PRL's FMIC. There definitely are fitment issues, but you are still able to install it. You just have to install the IC first and then the intake.
Oh ok, so they do fit together. So there are no parts in contact that shouldn't be? If it's just a matter of fitment issues during installation only, that changes things a bit. When I first heard of interference issues between the two I was imagining issues like parts rubbing or something along those lines.
Also, I found out that 27won will be releasing a FMIC kit but don't know timeline or anything. Just something to consider haha

Alberto1866

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Oh ok, so they do fit together. So there are no parts in contact that shouldn't be? If it's just a matter of fitment issues during installation only, that changes things a bit. When I first heard of interference issues between the two I was imagining issues like parts rubbing or something along those lines.
Also, I found out that 27won will be releasing a FMIC kit but don't know timeline or anything. Just something to consider haha
Yeah, you have to modify the installation a bit, but if you really wanted it to work you could. They were close to rubbing I have about 2 inches of clearance? Though I hear no sound of the two parts rubbing, I know I would hear it because I did have a rubbing issue with the injen cai I had before. Either way if they do you can probably get those foam pads and stick one where they rub.

OP
OP
Smilo359

Smilo359

First Name
Aneliya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah, you have to modify the installation a bit, but if you really wanted it to work you could. They were close to rubbing I have about 2 inches of clearance? Though I hear no sound of the two parts rubbing, I know I would hear it because I did have a rubbing issue with the injen cai I had before. Either way if they do you can probably get those foam pads and stick one where they rub.
So 27won isn't the only intake that interferes with the PRL intercooler.. That's unfortunate. I may end up waiting for 27one to release theirs..

OP
OP
Smilo359

Smilo359

First Name
Aneliya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I do have the mishimoto intercooler with the Injen Short RAM, but I was looking in the market for a better one and a close one too (Only Mishimoto and 27Won had that I think) and 27Won is my first option mainly because of looks but now you let me wonder as well.
So you may end up with a mishimoto IC and a 27won CAI combo at some point? If so, definitely should let me know if you come across fitment issues there! :D

Alberto1866

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
So you may end up with a mishimoto IC and a 27won CAI combo at some point? If so, definitely should let me know if you come across fitment issues there! :D
Oh sorry, I meant the injen was rubbing with something else so I figured if the 27WON cai rubbed I would be able to hear it as well.

OP
OP
Smilo359

Smilo359

First Name
Aneliya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey, why are you looking into getting a different intake? Are you having an issue with the Injen Short RAM?

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey, why are you looking into getting a different intake? Are you having an issue with the Injen Short RAM?
The only intake on the market not having issues with fuel trims is the Cobra. The injen is one of the worst on the market for fuel trims. The AFdynamic knock off of the Injen has better fuel trims than the injen