OP
Night Fury

Night Fury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Type R
Country flag
How would the car stand against raining and car wash? Would water seep thru, any concerns?
I haven't got any issues, I initially thought the engine bay would be dirtier but it has been about the same. When it comes to car wash: I just put it back on.
Sponsored

EnjoyDriving

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW FK8
Country flag
Can you circle out the places where you removed the strip from in a pic? I would highly appreciate it. Thanks.

I haven't got any issues, I initially thought the engine bay would be dirtier but it has been about the same. When it comes to car wash: I just put it back on.

koochieman

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Civic Sedan, 2018 Black CTR
Country flag
Let me chime in and agree that the RPF1 set are amazing across the board! Curious though... what spec rims did you order I know they're 18's @Night Fury

OP
OP
Night Fury

Night Fury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Type R
Country flag
Can you circle out the places where you removed the strip from in a pic? I would highly appreciate it. Thanks.
Not a problem :thumbsup: (see the yellow arrows), it won't take more than 20 second. Either left or right it is fine to remove & put it back on.

Honda Civic 10th gen Night Fury 2017-Honda-Civic-Type-R-engine-1

koochieman

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
18x8.5 5x120 +40mm :thumbsup:
one last question that's been pondering me about your wheel/suspension setup... would you recommend that offset for a stock hybrid setup? I don't mind running a beefy performance tire but I'm looking for that daily performance/commuter setup with out having tooo much bubble face going if inevitable. I'm planning on running stock springs but the swift drop on 18's look sooo tempting ( I just don't want to be scraping or have to roll fenders if possible)

OP
OP
Night Fury

Night Fury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Type R
Country flag
one last question that's been pondering me about your wheel/suspension setup... would you recommend that offset for a stock hybrid setup? I don't mind running a beefy performance tire but I'm looking for that daily performance/commuter setup with out having tooo much bubble face going if inevitable. I'm planning on running stock springs but the swift drop on 18's look sooo tempting ( I just don't want to be scraping or have to roll fenders if possible)
I definitely recommend the RPF1, as a great standard aftermarket option. One benefit of this set is offset, that is closer to the OEM one vs. some other set ups that I think are more popular.
Perhaps next time I will try the 255. Still, without been pricey & not so much to change, this is a great daily set:
-Lightweight.
-Offset friendlier than the ET 35 or less.
-You can go from 235 to 255 without too much money to spend.

In terms of springs, if you have around 15K to 20k miles already on the car, I would just wait 30K+ miles to replace springs & shocks in just one shot, by the time, we might have some other options to choose from.

koochieman

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
@Night Fury what made you decide which intercooler to get? I personally like PRL design as well as stats but I do like having piece of mind with Mishi's lifetime warranty.

@CincyTypeR I was unaware the piping came in that large of a box, my guess.... its all black to keep it simplistic and stealthy :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Night Fury

Night Fury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Type R
Country flag
@Night Fury I spy a intercooler and mmmm CAI? :patriot:
Both boxes are for the intercooler.

Should be intercooler and then the other box is the piping. Question is do we know if he went black or red for the piping
Yes, indeed. I went all black. I do really like the look \ theme from the BTCC. To me looks very discrete & wicked. :love:

Honda Civic 10th gen Night Fury Honda-Civic-Type-R-BTCC-Race-Car-Featured-image-672x372

@Night Fury what made you decide which intercooler to get? I personally like PRL design as well as stats but I do like having piece of mind with Mishi's lifetime warranty.
Great question! The size vs. other brands, development done & definitely price took me to decide for the Mishi kit, PRL one is great too & less to install.
One game changer was to think about:
1- What fellow CTR owners run when they track their cars & their data or feedback. The most popular issue on our car is definitely heat. With a better IC than OEM, we improve engine's volumetric efficiency, so that area of heat is cover.
2- If I ever want to change the turbo, for something bigger.

@CincyTypeR I was unaware the piping came in that large of a box, my guess.... its all black to keep it simplistic and stealthy :thumbsup:
Amen!

Sponsored