9” Android head unit back up camera ??

fk7hatchbrian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic hatchback sport
Installed my android head unit for my sport hatch and I tried to figure how to connect the back up camera but I could not figure it out. Any one have any ideas ? Do I need to solder anything?
Sponsored

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
Installed my android head unit for my sport hatch and I tried to figure how to connect the back up camera but I could not figure it out. Any one have any ideas ? Do I need to solder anything?
Maybe -- did one of these come with your new Head-Unit ?
Honda Civic 10th gen 9” Android head unit back up camera ?? images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTN6aR3oJNHOV3o9MItiYH_qHgxqog5aV3aK32uIKLyMCvOsD7gy

Connecting up the backup Camera is not too difficult :rofl: -- if you can follow a wiring schematic ..

Honda Civic 10th gen 9” Android head unit back up camera ?? complex-polaris-atv-wiring-diagram-11771

I believe that connecting the Rear View camera will be the least of your problems, when trying to install an aftermarket head unit into your Honda.

:bow:"Honda: the final frontier. These are the voyages of the Aftermarket Head-Unit. Its continuing mission: to explore strange new Android Apps, to seek out OEM Functions and new Connections, to boldly go where no one has gone before." :hmm:

Last edited:

amxandy

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
No soldering needed. I am assuming you tried the other video inputs? It really should have been just plug and play.

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
No soldering needed. I am assuming you tried the other video inputs? It really should have been just plug and play.
You do not say what head unit you are Installing.
(a) Original Honda head unit, back into the car it came from ?
(b) A new Honda head unit, same model as old one.
(c) A different model Honda head unit
(d) An aftermarket head unit (China / ebay) that looks just like the Honda Unit
(e) An aftermarket head unit (China / ebay) that looks different to the Honda unit.
(f) An aftermarket head unit from a major radio manufacturer (ie Pioneer, JVC etc)

a or b : The Connectors and sockets on the Head Unit are Color coded. Difficult to get it connected wrong ( It's almost Dealer Tech Idiot proof !!)

d, e, f You may have significant difficulties, especially with connectors.

If you are still looking for some answers, you will need to supply a lot more details :)

Snoopyslr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2016 Ford F-150, 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Man... why are you giving him such shit over this question?

Does the sport hatch come with the OEM touch screen? I was under the impression the sport hatch had the LX radio in it. Did your car have a back up camera from the factory in it?

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

Does the sport hatch come with the OEM touch screen? I was under the impression the sport hatch had the LX radio in it. Did your car have a back up camera from the factory in it?
"Hang on Sloopy, Sloopy hang on"

The OP asked a question, seeking an answer from the community.

Unfortunately, his question was so vague and unspecified, that any meaningful answer was impossible, without getting further information from him about what he was trying to do.

I find it amusing that after your unnecessary "Giving shit" comment, you then go on to ask the OP "uninformed" questions yourself (In your words : "Giving him shit") :rofl:

Last edited:

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

Honda Civic 10th gen 9” Android head unit back up camera ?? new-2018-honda-civic_hatchback-sporttouringcvt-8594-17743393-4-1024

Entertainment

Radio SiriusXM AM/FM/HD/Satellite, seek-scan
Steering wheel audio controls std
Voice recognition std
Speakers 12
Amplifier 540W
Speed sensitive Volume std
Navigation system yes with voice activation
1st row LCD screen 1
Bluetooth Compatibility

"All new cars sold in the USA must include a backup camera by May 2018. That's the latest from the federal government's National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), which recently announced the finalized regulation on backup cameras after years of back-and-forth."

Snoopyslr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
"Hang on Sloopy, Sloopy hang on"

The OP asked a question, seeking an answer from the community.

Unfortunately, his question was so vague and unspecified, that any meaningful answer was impossible, without getting further information from him about what he was trying to do.

I find it amusing that after your unnecessary "Giving shit" comment, you then go on to ask the OP "uninformed" questions yourself (In your words : "Giving him shit") :rofl:
You belittled him by posting an old school blow torch soldering iron and an unrelated "complicated" electrical diagram.

I asked a question.

See the difference?

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
You belittled him by posting an old school blow torch soldering iron and an unrelated "complicated" electrical diagram.

I asked a question.

See the difference?
No, I was making the point, with some Pictures (a picture is worth a 1000 words), that what he was asking was potentially a lot more complex than his question indicated, especially if he was going to have to rewire what is a complex head unit system, should he be considering fitting an aftermarket Head Unit.
Those two pictures will stick in his mind as a reminder, even if he does not remember all the text.

BTW: The Honda head Unit electrical diagram is every much as complex as the example I posted... but currently the Honda diagram are not readily available without a subscription to the Honda Service site, where it is Copyright.

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
@fk7hatchbrian

My apologizes if I offended you in any way.
That was not my intention.
I was just trying to emphasize, with some dramatic picture, how complex it might be , if you were trying to fit an aftermarket, non-Honda Aftermarket Head Unit.

OP
OP

fk7hatchbrian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Some of these guys are assholes bro like what’s the point of having a forum if they’re not willing to help and give you legit feed back. Isn’t that what these forums are for? Lol smh fuck em

No it came with the basic small unit nothing special about it unfortunately has backup camera tho and for some reason I connected everything I could connect and no back up camera it’s ok tho I put the oem unit back in. The android one I got had trouble connecting to WiFi wouldn’t let me sign in to google play to download apps I just wasn’t happy with it. Honestly might send it back or sell it lmao

OP
OP

fk7hatchbrian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Absolutely I connected everything that came with the unit it’s simple plug and play but for some reason my back up camera never came on when I would throw it in reverse :( it can’t be that hard to connect the damn thing everything connected nicely. WiFi wouldnact yo too not really liking this damn thing

Snoopyslr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
A lot of people have had issues with those 9" radios... but then again a lot of people have no issues at all. I know there is a big thread on here with all the people that own that radio, but I can't seem to find it right now.

Did you get the Phoenix brand one? I heard they have decent customer service.

OP
OP

fk7hatchbrian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You do not say what head unit you are Installing.
(a) Original Honda head unit, back into the car it came from ?
(b) A new Honda head unit, same model as old one.
(c) A different model Honda head unit
(d) An aftermarket head unit (China / ebay) that looks just like the Honda Unit
(e) An aftermarket head unit (China / ebay) that looks different to the Honda unit.
(f) An aftermarket head unit from a major radio manufacturer (ie Pioneer, JVC etc)

a or b : The Connectors and sockets on the Head Unit are Color coded. Difficult to get it connected wrong ( It's almost Dealer Tech Idiot proof !!)

d, e, f You may have significant difficulties, especially with connectors.

If you are still looking for some answers, you will need to supply a lot more details :)
I connected eveything that came in the box it was super simple plug and play but no camera when I go in reverse and the WiFi was just acting up wasn’t really happy with it at all. Whenever the WiFi connected couldn’t even access google play to down load apps. Not happy with it at all smh

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Nah Phoenix customer service is non existant. I had to mess around with the plug on my replacement unit to get the cam to work properly. You have to plug in the yellow A/V cables to the correct ones on the main harness and plug that one into the camera input on the back of the unit. Also, did you put the included screw on antennas on the back of the unit on the 2 plugs? One is for GPS and the other is the wifi antenna. You have to have a pretty good wifi signal to get it to connect properly though. I had to get a wifi booster to get it to my car from the house wifi.
Sponsored