bonne

First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes... sold... now 10'th Gen Civic 1.5 VTEC CVT
Country flag
Been having my Civic 10'th Gen for something like two month now after having three different Mercedes's before. Last Mercedes I had from age 0 to age 11.

Now... Honda and Mercedes are in many terms very, very different... and although I find the Civic truly awesome in a lot of perspectives, the cabin build quality suffers a bit. After 11 years in my last Mercedes, I never hear any noise of which origin I didn't expect... but after less than 2 months, the Civic already starts to "rattle and hum". For instance if I drive the car onto a different level with one wheel... so that the cabin will be "twisted"... The interior makes a lot of noise. Sometimes at idle, I also hear some minor weird noise that I think is not meant to be.

Regards, Lars.
Sponsored

racer

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si sedan.
Country flag
Is there a question here or just ranting about potential differences in noises between what in the US would be a "cheap compact car" and a "premium european" car? All cars a re built to a price point.. and some are done better than others.

OP
OP
bonne

bonne

First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes... sold... now 10'th Gen Civic 1.5 VTEC CVT
Country flag
Is there a question here or just ranting about potential differences in noises between what in the US would be a "cheap compact car" and a "premium european" car? All cars a re built to a price point.. and some are done better than others.
No, actually no direct question... this is just something I have faced. If the response is that this is to expect from this car, I will have to live with it.

Regards, Lars.

racer

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si sedan.
Country flag
I can't say you should "expect" to live with it. A modern new car shouldn't rattle and sound like its falling apart. The civic should prove itself reliable and dependable during your ownership. However, there may be compromises living with a less expensive car.
Sponsored