Post your tinted windows

TChewy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring Cosmic Blue, 2014 Mazda CX-5
This may be more a question for @CosmicTouring but what's the main difference in ceramic vs carbon film? From what I've read seems carbon like CXP is quite good and I'm having a hard time finding tint shops that use anything but this. Is ceramic more heat rejecting? Also, what kind of prices should I be expecting for these tints?

CosmicTouring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring, 2014 Honda Civic EX-L Navi
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This may be more a question for @CosmicTouring but what's the main difference in ceramic vs carbon film? From what I've read seems carbon like CXP is quite good and I'm having a hard time finding tint shops that use anything but this. Is ceramic more heat rejecting? Also, what kind of prices should I be expecting for these tints?
Ceramic will block more IR heat. Suntek CXP is Nano Carbon and is good tint. Claims to have similar benefits as Ceramic. You should pay between 220-260 for CXP. About $100 more for Ceramic.

TChewy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ceramic will block more IR heat. Suntek CXP is Nano Carbon and is good tint. Claims to have similar benefits as Ceramic. You should pay between 220-260 for CXP. About $100 more for Ceramic.
Thanks. I've been getting quotes for mostly around $295 for this in Phoenix for some reason. Doesn't seem like anyone is any lower but I did just email about 5 different places I found through Yelp and am waiting to hear back.

CosmicTouring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks. I've been getting quotes for mostly around $295 for this in Phoenix for some reason. Doesn't seem like anyone is any lower but I did just email about 5 different places I found through Yelp and am waiting to hear back.
Really depends on the market. The price typically is higher in Stereo shops where they hire tinters vs tint shops only.

TChewy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So I got the response below from a tint shop I contacted on Yelp. Is there truth to that? I also see on this site, http://www.oztint.com.au/types.php, that ceramic has infrared reduction which seems like a good thing in the hot AZ sun. This shop offers their own brand of tint as well as Wincos and 3M for significantly more (http://www.smartfilmaz.com/b/). What do you think?

The latest in technology is going to be IR blocking films. This is what we specialize in. Carbon is what we call a a "catch" word. It is basically a fancy way of saying dyed film. Most shops carry Suntek Carbon. Ceramics and IR films are far better for heat rejection but also are more expensive.

bcfmb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 16
I am debating between 5% and 15% all around. Can anyone compare the night time vision between the two? I had 5% around on my previous vehicle, but if 15% has a noticeable difference at night, I may go with that.

TChewy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am debating between 5% and 15% all around. Can anyone compare the night time vision between the two? I had 5% around on my previous vehicle, but if 15% has a noticeable difference at night, I may go with that.
I had 5% on one car and that was horrible to try and see anything at night, it made the car look really cool but I think it's way too dark. I had 20% on an 04 Civic and that one was nice for both day and night. You could still see in during the day, barely, so if you're looking for that blacked out look in the daytime you might think it's too light. The sweet spot is probably 15-20% for that dark look but still usable.

eschino1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-L Rallye Red
Country flag
I have 6% in the back and 13% in the front and it's about the same at night

CosmicTouring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I had 5% on one car and that was horrible to try and see anything at night, it made the car look really cool but I think it's way too dark. I had 20% on an 04 Civic and that one was nice for both day and night. You could still see in during the day, barely, so if you're looking for that blacked out look in the daytime you might think it's too light. The sweet spot is probably 15-20% for that dark look but still usable.
I would be wary of brand you are not familiar with specially since you probably will only do this once. The last thing you want is poor adhesive on a ceramic tint that fails within a year. Even if there is warranty, it is very difficult to fully clean the windows specially the rear with defrosted when replacing tint. It just won't be exactly the same. It may be ok to do this if the tint hasn't fully baked in yet. Most tint shops will not guarantee and take responsibility of the rear defrosted when they replace tint due to the cleaning process of using razors to remove the glue and the potential damage to the defroster lines
So I got the response below from a tint shop I contacted on Yelp. Is there truth to that? I also see on this site, http://www.oztint.com.au/types.php, that ceramic has infrared reduction which seems like a good thing in the hot AZ sun. This shop offers their own brand of tint as well as Wincos and 3M for significantly more (http://www.smartfilmaz.com/b/). What do you think?

The latest in technology is going to be IR blocking films. This is what we specialize in. Carbon is what we call a a "catch" word. It is basically a fancy way of saying dyed film. Most shops carry Suntek Carbon. Ceramics and IR films are far better for heat rejection but also are more expensive.
I would be wary of brand you are not familiar with specially since you probably will only do this once. The last thing you want is poor adhesive on a ceramic tint that fails within a year. Even if there is warranty, it is very difficult to fully clean the windows specially the rear with defrosted when replacing tint. It just won't be exactly the same. It may be ok to do this if the tint hasn't fully baked in yet. Most tint shops will not guarantee and take responsibility of the rear defrosted when they replace tint due to the cleaning process of using razors to remove the glue and the potential damage to the defroster lines.

CosmicTouring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I would be wary of brand you are not familiar with specially since you probably will only do this once. The last thing you want is poor adhesive on a ceramic tint that fails within a year. Even if there is warranty, it is very difficult to fully clean the windows specially the rear with defrosted when replacing tint. It just won't be exactly the same. It may be ok to do this if the tint hasn't fully baked in yet. Most tint shops will not guarantee and take responsibility of the rear defrosted when they replace tint due to the cleaning process of using razors to remove the glue and the potential damage to the defroster lines

I would be wary of brand you are not familiar with specially since you probably will only do this once. The last thing you want is poor adhesive on a ceramic tint that fails within a year. Even if there is warranty, it is very difficult to fully clean the windows specially the rear with defrosted when replacing tint. It just won't be exactly the same. It may be ok to do this if the tint hasn't fully baked in yet. Most tint shops will not guarantee and take responsibility of the rear defrosted when they replace tint due to the cleaning process of using razors to remove the glue and the potential damage to the defroster lines.
I just checked your link and their price for Crystalline full windshield is pretty good. How much for the whole car?

TChewy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just checked your link and their price for Crystalline full windshield is pretty good. How much for the whole car?
Those are prices for entire car plus $100 for removal of current dealer tint.

CosmicTouring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Those are prices for entire car plus $100 for removal of current dealer tint.
I couldn't see the price for the full car with Crystalline. Gets cut off on my phone for some reason. I saw the windshield price though. What is the price if you don't mind? :)
Sponsored