Orchard Pearl White Color Issues

dieter21

WhiteWidow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Hey Guys -- Ive had my White 2017 Si for about 4 months now, and one thing i notice is in the light, the metal and the plastic parts of the car are notably different. The plastic side skirts and parts of the back bumper seem to have a yellowish (or egg white-ish) looking tint to them. I got it brand new, first owner with 6 miles on it. I dont think it can be from fading or anything this early? Any one else notice a pretty big color difference on theirs? I don't have any pics at the moment I'm typing this, but its definitely noticeable
Sponsored

gkh

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
My biggest "complaint" is about the thin metal used for the hood and roof... and the paint easily chipping on the hood... since it shows up immediately as it is white! No issues (so far) with the plastic skirts yet... 5K miles.

nuowner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic SI
Country flag
Hey Guys -- Ive had my White 2017 Si for about 4 months now, and one thing i notice is in the light, the metal and the plastic parts of the car are notably different. The plastic side skirts and parts of the back bumper seem to have a yellowish (or egg white-ish) looking tint to them. I got it brand new, first owner with 6 miles on it. I dont think it can be from fading or anything this early? Any one else notice a pretty big color difference on theirs? I don't have any pics at the moment I'm typing this, but its definitely noticeable
I had a white Mustang. Ford told me the plastic parts were painted in a different factory. Still pissed me off pretty much every day.

M.R.C.I.V.I.C

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T
Country flag
My car is the same 2017 EX-T plastic looks yellow. I looked at the few cars at the dealership when I first bought my car. They all had that issue.

jakabony

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si, 2019 Honda CR-V EX-L, 2017 Subaru Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Pics? I have a 2017 WOP Si, but can’t say I’ve noticed anything.

OP
OP
dieter21

dieter21

WhiteWidow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Pics? I have a 2017 WOP Si, but can’t say I’ve noticed anything.
I'm currently working away from home, but looking through threads and now nice some of the cars looked, it came to my mind. gonna try to get pics when i get home in a week or so. So stay tuned! haha

My car is the same 2017 EX-T plastic looks yellow. I looked at the few cars at the dealership when I first bought my car. They all had that issue.
Yeah, i never looked at other white cars on the lot, i got mine at night. Kind of a rookie mistake I guess. Buying it at night, i also missed that the front left of the bumper wasnt sitting perfectly and kind of "popping out" right under the left headlight. it wasnt clipped in right. Manager said i "had a good eye, but it was within specs to go out from the factory still".. that rattled me.

I had a white Mustang. Ford told me the plastic parts were painted in a different factory. Still pissed me off pretty much every day.
That makes sense. But like you said, i notice it every time and it really gets to me because i feel like everyone else sees it too

Driveitlikeuboughtit

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW CTR
Country flag
Take a pic and white balance on your door panel or hood. That should make any off-colored pieces pop.

If it's white with a yellowish tinge - maybe your plastic parts got painted Championship White by mistake?

87Octane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
I noticed the same on my white Si. Explanation I got was the paint adheres differently to metal v. plastic. It's not easily noticed, but in the right light can definitely see the difference on bumpers and side skirts compared to the rest of the car.

OP
OP
dieter21

dieter21

WhiteWidow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I noticed the same on my white Si. Explanation I got was the paint adheres differently to metal v. plastic. It's not easily noticed, but in the right light can definitely see the difference on bumpers and side skirts compared to the rest of the car.
Yeah that's exactly it. That's what I figured the response would be if i brought it back in. That's why i'd see if anyone on here had the same problem. It is only in certain light, but I feel that lighting is more times than not and it just pisses me off haha

civictrooper

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Have white si no color difference that I can see could just be factory defect it happens no biggie though engine strong all that matters

PowerPerLiter

Specific Output
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe 91 Talon TSI AWD 6262 280's N20 and 87 Buick Regal T 6776bb built N20
Yeah that's exactly it. That's what I figured the response would be if i brought it back in. That's why i'd see if anyone on here had the same problem. It is only in certain light, but I feel that lighting is more times than not and it just pisses me off haha
Mine is the same..I worked for a Honda dealer for a couple years up until this past feb. and all the ones ive seen were the same way. Difference in materials the paint is on. I hardly notice it and only in certain lighting.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've noticed in the shade, that you can really see the yellowing on the rear bumper.

Scott_ATL

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic HB Sport Touring, 2012 Ford Fusion Hybrid
Country flag
Dad always said it was a side effect of the metallic in the paint on different surfaces - metal versus thermoplastic olefins, etc. It is especially noticeable in lighter colors - whites,silvers, etc. Our white platinum Fusion hybrid, you can see the difference from the bumper to the body in certain light. On my dark blue metallic Fusion (almost black), you couldn't see it at all. But I had swirl marks to beat the band just from regular washing/waxing maintenance. (My dad was in the auto refinishing/restoration business for nearly 50 years.)

aighead

Threads
Reaction score
Website
snortcoffee.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 1988 Ford f250, 2004 Honda vtx1300
Country flag
I saw this issue the first time I washed her. I don't have a yellow but totally do have an eggshell versus what appears to be white white. It's aggravating but apparently the way it goes. In normal life I don't notice, in clean life I totally do.

Green82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
my 2017 hatchback sport is WoP and its the same color all the way around
Sponsored