Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type-R, 2017 Clarity Electric, 2017 Audi A8L, 2018 Audi Q7
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What’s up everyone

Just picked up my PMM the other day and my wife commented that I’m getting too old for something with such a large wing.

I’ve been into Honda’s since 1988 when I had Jackson Racing suspension in my CRX.

I thought I was done til they announced the Civic Type-R was coming to the states and I knew I had to get one!! I’m glad I Did! My BEST Honda yet!

I’m 45 years old and proud!!

Honda Civic 10th gen How old are all you CTR owners? 918B9252-DBB2-46FB-A3DC-E7F6930A00FE_zpspbaso52k

Here’s a few pics of my Honda’s from the past.

My TEG in Sport Compact Car:

Honda Civic 10th gen How old are all you CTR owners? 83C088F2-1DA7-45FC-B73D-B9C0CF070AB9_zpsjws06oz9

Honda Civic 10th gen How old are all you CTR owners? PICT0117

Honda Civic 10th gen How old are all you CTR owners? SI

Honda Civic 10th gen How old are all you CTR owners? A3D494E5-A7D0-4012-A190-BF2B430519B0_zpsphu1z7rm

Maverick1

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
What, you're only 45, you're still just a kid.
I'm in my early 50's and plan on buying a 2019 CTR.
Remember my friend you're only as old as you feel, age is just a number.
Get what you want and be happy, and never ever worry about what other people think.
I was in my early forties when I bought my Ariel Atom and when we all met up at the racetrack one year, I met a gentleman named Eddie Hill quite a famous drag racer who owned an Atom and he was 72 years Young.

Last edited:

run42K

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 WRX, 2000 ZRX
Country flag
What’s up everyone

Just picked up my PMM the other day and my wife commented that I’m getting too old for something with such a large wing.

I’ve been into Honda’s since 1988 when I had Jackson Racing suspension in my CRX.

I thought I was done til they announced the Civic Type-R was coming to the states and I knew I had to get one!! I’m glad I Did! My BEST Honda yet!

I’m 45 years old and proud!!

918B9252-DBB2-46FB-A3DC-E7F6930A00FE_zpspbaso52k.jpg

I just turned 63. Have put 5000 miles on my 2018 PMM.

krees

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R & 2020 Ridgeline BE
Country flag
39 here and I have and 18 yo and a 13 yo. The wife and kids all love the r but the wife favors awd and is a wrx gal now (soon'ish to be the new platform sti). I grew up in Hondas starting with an 88 prelude 5spd in yellow followed by a crx, some civic hatches, a couple of Civic sedans, a del sol, some elements, an si coupe, and now the r.

Still breaking in the r so I'm playing nice for now but can't wait. My old prelude was my favorite honda until the r (though the 10 gen si coupe was pretty fantastic).

At 39 I'm surprised how comfortable the seating and ride is. I was expecting harsher but I'm really please. The seat bolsters keep my legs pointed at the pedals which keeps my knee inline with the clutch and gas which helps my clutch knee out tremendously (old army injury). The softer clutch pedal also helps out a ton as well. My bad back is fine with the limited lumbar support available but it does take a second to find that perfect seating position within the seat but when I do, it's rather cozy.

All in all, the r is really overstyled...and I'm loving every bit of it! I feel like a kid everytime I get in and I love it. I thought it would be embarrassing driving a decipticon, but not in the least. Im not sure where I saw it but a reviwer summed it up best by saying "I don't love the look of the car but I love seeing the reaction on everyone's faces when driving the car...good and bad".