Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Four posts about nothing. Interesting.:eek:

OP, since you have an Si I honestly think you can't go wrong with either one. Ktuner costs a bit less. I own a Flashpro and mostly like it but I drive a CVT and there hasn't been many updates. On the other hand, the Si gets updates and added features fairly often.

My guess is if you took a poll, most members here would recommend Ktuner over Hondata. One area where Ktuner really shines is in outstanding customer service.

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
Ugh hate feeding trolls...

I, like several others on this forum own both hondata and ktuner. I prefer ktuner v1.2 both for the form factor and abilities it has. TSP Stg 1 map is better on ktuner thanks to map switching. Really nice to have that option. Tunerview is far superior to Hondatas offerring for monitoring software. I think the Hondata software is more intuitive but ktuner support and documentation is leagues ahead.

Pur3MotioN770

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Country flag
Hondata has virtually no pros over Ktuner. You're spending $250 more for an inferior product. Should you shell out the $695 for Ktuner V2 as opposed to the cheaper V1.2, you still get a touch screen display with sensor data and programable shift lights, the ability to hold more maps, and the ability to clear codes on the fly.

Also, if you ever plan to run E85, I definitely wouldn't recommend Hondata. Apparently, their software unnecessarily requires you to run full E85, as opposed to a blend (best for cleanest, safest power, and fuel economy), which doesn't run well on their (Hondata) tuned cars, and also runs lean, with potentially dangerous Air Fuel Ratios, not good for long term reliability.

More about that below.

http://blog.vittuned.com/13-afr-preying-on-the-blissfully-ignorant-by-virtue-of-education/

type_r_wannabe

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe WOP
Country flag
Same. If you just use the search function on this forum you can find tons of threads that go over this. I think its annoying because its obvious he didnt even try. Furthermore, as you're typing out your new thread title, it auto finds threads that may be similar and shows them to you before you hit "Create Post" and OP did this anyways.

Hondata is closer to Honda racing and is proven to do a bit more rigorous testing on their module. But you will get zero replies from their support if you have any problems. You may also receive your module earlier than Ktuner

Ktuner has way better support, will help you if you have problems, and more people can share their experiences and possibly help, and its just as good as Hondata for the most part, if not better cause of their displays. Ktuner can take a while to ship

BoostedSiCoupe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
You can get Hondata pretty cheap as I bought mine for 450 shipped on ebay. So price shouldnt really be the deciding factor.

But like people have stated the customer service for Hondata is shitty as fuck. They dont respond to inquiries, and when they do they arent very helpful.

The thing about Hondata is theyve been in the business for a long time. They have the street cred but theyre assholes with no ppl skills.

Pur3MotioN770

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Country flag
You can get Hondata pretty cheap as I bought mine for 450 shipped on ebay. So price shouldnt really be the deciding factor.

But like people have stated the customer service for Hondata is shitty as fuck. They dont respond to inquiries, and when they do they arent very helpful.

The thing about Hondata is theyve been in the business for a long time. They have the street cred but theyre assholes with no ppl skills.
The only reason you can get one for cheap, is because so many used ones are on the market, and they don't hold their value very well since there isn't much demand. There isn't as much demand for Hondata, because Ktuner, the better product, continues to sell, and people are having to wait till they are back in stock, because of the high demand. No informed person wants an inferior product.

Linszter

TunerView Developer
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Accord K24, 2005 Civic K20 VSA
Country flag
The thing about Hondata is theyve been in the business for a long time.
KTuner is created by HRTuning who made Neptune for OBD1 Honda ECU. So they have been in the business for a long time too.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
The only reason you can get one for cheap, is because so many used ones are on the market, and they don't hold their value very well since there isn't much demand. There isn't as much demand for Hondata, because Ktuner, the better product, continues to sell, and people are having to wait till they are back in stock, because of the high demand. No informed person wants an inferior product.
I'm not sure the hardware is inferior but it certainly has less features and updates. I think the real issue is what BoostedSiCoupe said a couple posts up. They have absolutely horrendous customer service. Ask a question and good luck getting a direct answer without attitude.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ive used both. Ktuner hands down is way more worth the money. The basemaps are smooth and easy to use just like the software. Where Ktuner kills the opponent is the features, like all the quick adjustments that are just drop down menus to allow you to change throttle responsiveness and turbo responsiveness. Also on the fly map switching is amazing. It came out for the SI and is being passed down to Cvts sometime, Basically, while one company is busy catching up and adding "mods" another one is dropping new features all the time. This screenshot show the drop downs with descriptions, The SI has map switching set up Ill post a picture of both
Honda Civic 10th gen Ktuner vs hondata upload_2018-8-20_11-2-54

Honda Civic 10th gen Ktuner vs hondata KTunerHowTo.JPG

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
that post up there showing the map switching.... pretty much why I changed from Hondata to KTuner